AMD Releases Catalyst 12.1 Preview - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Radier, Dec 13, 2011.

1. screwtech02

screwtech02 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 Super
    Drivers have issues with BF3, 3 5830's in tri-fire, and eyefinity.... Keep getting DX11 error/crash. Takes a hard reboot to get desktop back.... Works fine with eyefinity disabled....

2. CRA5H

CRA5H New Member

GPU:
    2x5850 CF 765/1050
    First update since 11.6 and these are running well so far. Everything ultra with MSAA turned off. Haven't noticed any issues yet. It's running smooth for the most part. I did encounter some stuttering or graphical lag so to speak but that was eliminated once I turned on vsync. Skyrim runs very well with the obvious lag in some towns. And Autodesk Maya 2012 is finally working with these new drivers for me!

3. tyRant.594

tyRant.594 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 280x
    I just installed these and tried them mw3, red faction a, tf2, dead island, and bf3. They all ran great no issues what so ever.

4. dotslasher

dotslasher Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 970 GTX
    anyone else getting 1-2 second freezes in BF3 with these drivers?

5. adrock311

adrock311 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    that seems like a lot of work, what if , after driver sweeping and installing the new drivers , you just went into CCC and reset everything to defaults instead?

6. xXx_Fess_xXx

xXx_Fess_xXx Member

GPU:
    Hd5850
    its not the driver its not enought vram on your videocard

7. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    Either make a huge page file 8GB - 10GB max.
    Or upgrade your systems RAM. I went from 6GB to 12GB of RAM and do not have to use a page file anymore.

I do believe there is a memory leak with BF3 also.

8. El_MUERkO

El_MUERkO Member

GPU:
    R9 290x
    I haven't played Supreme Commander Forged Alliance or Sup Com 2 in a few drivers, but on the 11's I could use the duel monitor settings, now both games crash when they try to run that way.

9. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    Im getting really pissed now, the drivers for BF3 suck big time...this ones and the versions before it! I came from a single 470GTX that i get more frames then the 2 6850s ones in crossfire WTF?....and i think this is driver related since the other games run fine on high frames...and the problem is...stuttering...for ati ,on nvidia 0 stuttering the game runned smooth with the latest drivers that is...they had the same problem, ati just needs to try harder plz.... im so sad :(

10. adrock311

adrock311 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb

BF3 will stutter if you are using settings which use too much VRAM, because without warning you it starts using system ram.

11. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    When I try to overide the default settings in BF3 (using CCC)...lets say I try to use 4 x AA....I get BSOD's.

12. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    Then explain why on 470GTX (1280vram) i run the game everything on ultra and no stuttering or lack of video ram and its just 1 single card...on this 2 6850s(2048vram) i have to lower the settings and on the 470 i dont...its a simple driver issue, and i have a clean install of win7 64...this only happens on BF3 ofc. On nvidia side they have worked on the drivers to be so...ati still has to do some homework:bang:

13. steveyc27

steveyc27 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti Hybrid
    Remember you have 2 6850's 1GB each, in crossfire mode they don't combine to use 2gb total, you will still only have 1GB available VRAM

14. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    Found the problem...of stuttering...i disable the crossfire ULPS on win7 registry! And funny thing is that crossfire mode on registry is OFF and the ati drivers tells me that is ON wtf? i enable crossfire also on registry...no more randoms stuttering and hard drive activity while playing BF3!

15. diogo_cme

diogo_cme Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI Cyclone 6850 OC
    What kind of performance are you getting out of those 6850s?

Just curious.....cause I might get another 6850 soon.

16. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    There is some reviews on 6850 in crossfire, but im a bit cpu limited already so i cant tell for my self but on reviews they reach nvidia 570-580(single) performance on ati i dont remember very well :p

17. diogo_cme

diogo_cme Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI Cyclone 6850 OC
    I'm actually concerned about VRAM and how it handles things when taking more than 1GB i.e. BF3's ultra settings.

18. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290X
    Every time I see this thread name on the forum start page I think that the officials are released.

19. diogo_cme

diogo_cme Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI Cyclone 6850 OC
    I guess we gonna have to wait till the end of the month for the WHQL.

20. Yadda

Yadda Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1200/6400
    Same here! :bang:

:D