AMD Reduces Q3 Revenue Forecast by $1.1 Billion - Cites Weak PC Market

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 7, 2022.

1. bobnewels

bobnewels Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I was in my Mom's basement and I hollered to my Mom upstairs ,can I buy the new AMD gear on your credit card,she said no.
    So I held my breath until she said yes and I did not die this time,lucky boy I am.;)

2. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1060 6gb
    :O ....I am going to move back in to my parents home at my 35 so I can do this and get free hardware! Teach me master ! :p

3. haste

haste Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    I've warned you guys, the recession is real. Just look at AMD's stock... 14% lost in a single day! And 64% of value lost in 1 year. And it isn't just AMD, all tech stocks are recovering from Covid hangover.

Fediuld likes this.
  4. StevieSleep

StevieSleep Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Between DDR5 being 2X the price of DDR4 and the massive amount of GPUs on the SH market I expect this generation to do rather poorly.

Nvidia put out some really expensive cards. AMD is unlikely to push out at anything but an equivalent price. And both Intel and AMD are looking to increase the prices of the new CPUs though at this point it's nothing more than the proverbial straw.

Fediuld and Maddness like this.

5. hamltnblue

hamltnblue Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I talked to a couple of micro center sales people when picking up my 7950x. They said there was a meeting the day before release date prepping them for the expected line of people like there was with zen 3. Instead they only had about 6 people at opening time. This time there is no pandemic with free stimulus money floating around. Hope we see the same with the 4090 next week.

Fediuld likes this.
  6. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 6950XT
    I agree.

And we can´t forget that tech stocks values were too high because of speculation. So it`s normal that all of them are losing value like crazy.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Do you have the same opinion of NVidia jacking up the prices of their graphics cards?

8. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I have expressed the same thing about nvidia GPUs, many times around here. Haven't you noticed it?

Fediuld likes this.
  9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I tend to stay out of NVidia related threads since I don't intend to purchase their current products or the inbound products. I have noticed some on this site have no issue with NVidia's pricing, but constantly complain about AMD's though...

10. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Give me a break.

Silva and Nopa like this.

11. Kool64

Kool64 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    why is it that us non professionial non CEO types can see this stuff coming a mile away but the companies are "surprised"?

Fediuld likes this.
  12. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Everyone is being ragged on at this time and rightly so. No one is getting a free pass.

mohiuddin, carnivore and Valken like this.
  13. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Prices are pretty high and some products don't make sense with their price like the 4070 12gb BUT expecting back in the day prices is also ridiculous. I don't know, I found this a good a read:
    https://www.fabricatedknowledge.com/p/the-rising-tide-of-semiconductor

Following ASML as well I don't see prices getting cheaper the harder things get.

14. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Nvidia is even WORST! We gonna rain hate on them when we can...

Fediuld likes this.
  15. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    100% and the most legit non-hardware specific comment ive read on here for a long time.
    AMD are a business not a charity, their number 1 responsibility is to the shareholders not gamers or miners.
    Now you can all drip tears onto your keyboardfs from now until the end of time but those facts will not change.

In 11 months the AMD share price has gone from around $161 to a current $58, that drop began way before the crypto crash.
    Global trade has shrunk due to Covid, Crypto and the crash is a mear drip in the water, China's ecconimic slowdown and now US/EU impossed restrictions are having a more significant impact on tech trading than the mining boom ever had.
    Brexit, Covid, Russias invasion of Ukraine and the way individual countries reacted to these occurances and to each others reactions has fueled all of this, the fact China is still impossing severe lockdowns has had a dramatic effect on manufactoring and distribution. If China isnt making much stuff then the companies who provide the raw materials arnt selling much stuff. If stuff isnt being made then little is being shipped, little being shipped then little arriving in stores and if its rare in the store, supply and demand comes into effect.

Kaarme likes this.

16. barbacot

barbacot Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3080 Strix OC
    Me too - let's launch a "me too" movement: #movetomyparentsbasementtogetfreehardware.
    Since I have a wife & kid I will receive three times free hardware!

And who remains to be loved?
    All this big hardware companies are moving in some kind of inertia after COVID high demand for PC hardware.
    They will come to their senses...eventually...but they still have their green(d) glasses on.

Venix likes this.
  17. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    One of the largest issues I have at the moment is the current price of motherboards. You take the Asus x570 hero board and then compare it to the x670-e Hero and the price has more than doubled. Someone is raking in the cash, at the expense of us enthusiast PC builders. The mining boom is over, these companies need to get real.

Spets likes this.
  18. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Lol..

You agree with a post, 100%, that says AMD can predict everything except crypto crashes, then proceed to give 10 examples of market forces that aren't crypto crashes that AMD couldn't have predicted.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
  19. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Fediuld likes this.
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    "Weak PC Market" is code for "our product isn't good enough to separate fool from money"

Whats wrong with AMD's pricing? they were right where they should have been imo.