AMD Raptr Gamer-community Extension Got Hacked

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 2, 2015.

1. maxio

maxio Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti
    I don't even bother with shadowplay.
    I have my "own" shadowplay in 3rd party software that is 10000x more functional.
    But the truth is that nothing beat lossless > finall lossy format if you know what are you doing.

2. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    I have to say that I am disappointed at Hilbert and that frontpage.

3. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    dude that somes it up pretty much p.o.s and not too secure for icing on the cake

4. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    not really nice at all

5. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Exactly why I don't like it on my PC :nerd:

Sadly Shadowplay just made it necessary.

6. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    We have multi core cpus and mass amounts of space and ram. Its not like were running 233mhz cpus and 512 mb of mem and need to skimp on background programs. Our PC's are freaking monsters compared to when we had one core cpus. GFE is far from being bloat, it doesn't even come close to slowing down a PC. How am I recording videos at 60fps if its a resource hog? Shouldn't it be slowing down my PC and slowing down my games? Cause it doesn't at all. Like any other program the CPU sits at zero unless I open it and it only uses a core or two for the amount of time it takes to open it. I get beta drivers downloaded and installed with it so to me thats a plus. I mainly use it for its 60fps video recording which is super good. It barely uses drive space and mem. Its like its not even there so to say its bloat is pure paranoid BS.. As for game optimizing, I can edit game configs better than most people but I still like being able to adjust the slider in GFE and click apply for those games that don't need a bunch of worthless tweaks. As for Raptr, about a year ago I used it for a few days to get some free gear and weapons in Warframe. I didn't care for the app but it was good for what I used it for, free stuff.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    You are disappointed over that he calls a social media application that data-mines every account you connect it to for POS?
    Besides that raptr user accounts got hacked, I wonder how much information the hackers could pull out of it, steam, msn, yahoo, facebook...
    You know what the product is, right?

Hilbert probably finds it's gaming optimization, streaming/recording options fine, it's the rest that drags it down to POS status.

Not to forget that they included adware, not sure if they still do so, I hope not.

8. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    The performance hit is pretty much nonexistent, right?

9. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    If you read the whole article he called nvidia geforce experience a pos too

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  10. TheSarge

TheSarge Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    Man, all this drama over a stupid piece of bloatware that nobody should have installed in the first place. To be fair, GFE is kind of bloatware too but at least it's not asking you to sign up for an account.

I don't know how much RAM AMD's product uses but GFE on my rig is using just 28.8 megabytes. That's 0.0288 gigabytes. Not very much in a world where even the low-end entry-level PCs have 4 gigabytes of RAM.

11. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    I've got Raptr installed, and I somewhat use it. Currently I have an A10-6800K (using the iGPU) and nothing in the optimization or capture features really works with APUs, but while I had my HD 7850, everything worked fine. Granted I always set my own preferences in games, but Raptr gave a good starting point if I let it.
    Currently though, I only use it to collect points. Collect enough, you can buy games or enter sweepstakes for hardware. Right now I could buy 3-5 games. It even tracks my Wife's facebook games! So most nights she has already maxed out the amount I could earn that day.
    As for ads, I'm not seeing any! It does show what is available within it's own economy, buy hey, Steam does the same thing.
    As long as you configure it, it's not a bad piece of software. Granted it does need it's share of tweaks, and there are better stand-alone versions of programs, but as a starting point for an all in one portal it's pretty good.

12. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Rubbish app for 8 yr old screechers that holds zero worth while data, no1 cares but sounds like a publicity stunt for sure by the green team nubs... j/k keep your panties on.

13. panogr

panogr Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6800XT
    eternal "fanboys" war . This is just pathetic.
    you should just remember that in the end both companies pound you in the ass and we are giving them money for that ;)

14. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    This.

15. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    With Steam now able to stream video, I wouldn't be surprised if they added recording. All hail Gaben.