AMD Radeon Software - UWP

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MerolaC, Apr 8, 2021.

1. THEBOSS619

THEBOSS619 Member

GPU:
    Vega 7 + 1660ti 6GB
    I guess it depends how Windows is configured... I mean.. My windows has been used since Win10 2004 (like around 1 year) up until now with the current latest Win10 updates 19043.1110 no problems so far and also I can see The UWP pair device on the device manager under "Software Components" category. I think those who have issues might need to get to final solution... Clean install Windows? it's seems a bit extreme ... there must be something we don't know yet that prevents other people from having a working Control panel with the latest driver.

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    I did exactly what you did.

- Uninstalled all AMD GPU drivers with latest DDU in safe mode and rebooted
    - manually install UWP Pair driver (right click install)
    - manually installed crash defender driver (right click install)
    - manually installed display driver (right click install)

all gave "operation completed successfully" message, I rebooted and still no control panel will install.

I downloaded the control panel manually and tried that too and it still gives error saying it can not find the correct UWPair driver.

Also this install of Windows 10 is relatively new as well. I can not even see ANY "software components" list anywhere in device manager.

THEBOSS619 likes this.
  3. The Creator

The Creator Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6800XT LE
    Can you make a screenshot like my one (when I tried to install the newest one app) with the error:

[​IMG]

4. THEBOSS619

THEBOSS619 Member

GPU:
    Vega 7 + 1660ti 6GB
    that's really weird o_O

I don't know if it have something to do with it but... have you tried this? I have it on my laptop and on every AMD release they provide updates from time to time...
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/a...manually-updating.373501/page-10#post-5903386
    it's the only thing that it might be different between me and others I guess... since not everyone know about it or had never heard of this driver.

5. leo80

leo80 New Member

You sure you have the Win10 version from the first post? This one:
    v30.0.13000.17006 (Windows 10)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vzVdAI21Rc_aAKAnVUvbB_pMeJkcYXpo/view?usp=sharing

And NOT the the Win11:
    v30.0.13000.22008 (Newest) (Windows 11. Avoid for Win 10 as you can't get the Control Panel to install with this one)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AvA9d0CPIRnIMytFS_VXcgbHcNnYE-7l/view?usp=sharing

I also had similar problems when trying to install Win11 version, but then I started over (DDUing and stuff...) with the Win10 one and it finally worked.

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    I get the exact same error, can't make a screenshot right now as I am back on official drivers (21.7.1)

I already have the latest pci bus driver 21.10.0.1

very strange this one.

I am using the Win11 on yes on Win10 but @THEBOSS619 seems to have gotten it working.

7. Espionage724

Espionage724 Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8G
    Ended up doing another Windows reinstall, and couldn't get the UWP pair device to install again (30.0.13000.22008). However, the Realtek audio package I use installed its software devices fine and auto-downloaded its UWP control panel. So it seems there's some conditions that need to be met for the UWP pair driver, and whatever is affecting it is specific to this driver, and not other DCH/UWP drivers.

I can't really imagine what setting I would have done to be causing the UWP pair driver to not install sometimes, or if it's even anything I'm doing specifically, but basically, I've only been able to install this driver 1 time with the control panel on W10, while it didn't work 2 other times.

Right-clicking the inf says it installed, but it never appeared in Device Manager. Using DriverStoreExplorer, I saw the UWP pair device installed, and even after force-removing it from there and trying to reinstall it didn't work (never appeared in Device Manager).

I imagine it'll happen at some point, but I hope AMD doesn't start shipping UWP-only drivers. I've ran into problems with control panels not installing in the past with Intel and NVIDIA and their DCH/UWP drivers, and I'm convinced it's just inconsistent luck as to whether those drivers will install.

8. Banana4Nanners

Banana4Nanners Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    On Windows 10 right click install the UWPPair inf, it will succeed but Radeon software will still say it doesn't exist as in it didn't install, it did but it installed unlisted with the wrong name. Go to device manager go to software components You'll see a "Generic Software Component " that wasn't there previously, install the UWPPair inf manually to that generic device and it will successfully change it to the AMD UWPPair and allow Radeon store software to install

Chastity and Astyanax like this.
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Can confirm this works, the same method gets used for converting legacy realtek packages to UAP.

Banana4Nanners likes this.
  10. Espionage724

Espionage724 Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8G
    This isn't what happened to me the two times. This UWP driver is the first and only UWP driver I install on fresh Windows installs, and the software components section doesn't exist until (in my case) either this driver or the Realtek driver I install installs a component there.

For the two times I wasn't able to install this driver, no component at all is added to software components (no "Generic Software Component" entry or anything), and the section ends up not existing. Normally, the UWP pair driver adds itself no problem to the software components section, and with the correct UWP pair name.

11. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    That worked but not quite like described.
    I managed to get it to work like this, as I had the same problem as Espionage

Installed the previous driver with the UWPPair it has.
    Then, I manually updated the UWP thing that appears on Device Manager to the one from the latest driver.
    It will disapear. Then, manually updated the driver to the latest one and then restarted.
    The Control Panel got installed, no problem.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    passenger likes this.
  12. Banana4Nanners

GPU:
    6800XT
    Whatever works

13. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900XT
    So which are the links I need for Windows 10 to use?

14. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    If you follow the instructions from the last posts, you should be able to use the driver that's marked as Windows 11 only.

Edit:

Edited OP with the links to the workarounds.

15. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900XT
    I tried to install UWP pair device but it doesn't show on the device manager. the driver was installed properly but no control panel.

It also seems it has the issue with mkvmerge 0.30 corruption and below which hasn't been fixed.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021

16. dandu3

dandu3 New Member

GPU:
    RX470
    seems that the correct way to install the latest one on windows 10 is to just install the previous one (17006) and then it's going to make the software components thing show up in device manager, and then updating to 22006 keeps it working even if it disappears from device manager? I'll reboot and see if it's going to change.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  17. Banana4Nanners

GPU:
    6800XT
    Multiple ways to have it work, seems dependent on your W10 version and other possible conflicting drivers

18. paih85

paih85 New Member

GPU:
    vega56
    FH4 not working with this driver.

win11 (22000.71)

upload_2021-7-22_13-54-23.png

19. Banana4Nanners

GPU:
    6800XT
    Problem with running dev release drivers, you have DX12 support however the released DX12 api in the new driver is obviously newer than FH4 can see

20. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    Dev builds are not for gamers nor game developers.