AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive 17.9.1 driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    Sapphire Trixx hasn't been updated since May I think, so driver version detection could be messed up for new drivers.

2. deadinhollywood

deadinhollywood Member

GPU:
    Aorus RX580XTR 8GB
    Nope. Not fixed. Titanfall 2 still freezes.

3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Vulcan Tweak is needed for this too ;)
    Good driver overall.

Settings saved in OverdriveN Tool now saved until changed ! :D (Not reverting after restart)

4. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    Hmm, this means that WattMan settings should stay after reboot, right? I have to test it.

5. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    To Mesa's defense, it seems like the HD 5000 and HD 6000 series (excluding the HD 6900 series) have competetive performance with the Catalyst drivers now (though it took long for that to happen). It's mostly the HD 2000-4000 and HD 6900 GPUs that got the bad deal.

6. MoD

MoD Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 Custom Loop
    Well Enhanced Sync has gone so going to revert back to 17.8.2

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Even for Vega GPU's then? Interesting, hmm wonder if AMD will be updating these then to fix that? (September 7th file name for the installer currently, September 5th from the driver INF itself.)
    There's a registry setting for enhanced sync too I believe but maybe it's not that simple to fix, plus it's still a bit cumbersome compared to having the toggle in the Crimson / CNext software itself. :)

8. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
  9. THEAST

THEAST Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7950 + HD7970 CF
    Can somebody using this driver on HD 7950/7970 comment if they have Overdrive or Wattman?

10. MoD

MoD Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 Custom Loop
    What chip set drivers are those ?

And thank you for the help :)

11. fargod

fargod Member

GPU:
    16gb
    UVD bug will never correct

12. Passus

Passus Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    Overdrive here mate r9 280

13. Pale Horseman

Pale Horseman Member

GPU:
    Aorus 1080Ti
    Enhanced Sync back after removing with DDU and reinstalling

14. MoD

MoD Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 Custom Loop
    Nice.

Problem i get is with the samsung 590D monitor is once i uninstall with DDU i can't get back to windows just black screen after do at least 10 power off and back a display.

15. Wolf2079

Wolf2079 Member

GPU:
    NITRO RX 580 8 GB
    Good day to all, it seems that in many forums report that the option of improved synchronization does not appear, this line will be the cause (TurboSyncControl), exploring these drivers note this line in [ati2mtag_VEGA_SoftwareDeviceSettings], it has this value, , KMD_TurboSyncControl,% REG_DWORD%, 0), using notes in windows make a .reg file to see what happened, and in effect with those values erase that option, but when giving value 1 returns to appear, it is necessary to clarify that I do not know if all of them result, each one has different video cards but only for information I use a rx nitro 580 8gb, always after rebooting the system, I hope not to break badly by showing this link, this is just to help, greetings.

https://openload.co/f/yza8R5hTUlQ/TurboSyncControl.rar

16. TheDukeSD

TheDukeSD Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GT 1030 2GH OC
    Champions of Regnum + Mesa is a no go. Sure the game starts but there are 101 things not rendered. Most of the problems are gone if I use fglrx on 14.04.
    The ones that made the linux 3d engine for CoR are either dead or no longer working so there is basicaly there is no one capable to fix something in that engine code. The bug report ( https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=93114 ) regarding the problems with CoR and Mesa is closed ( they didn't even wanted to see the trace that they requested... taking into consideration that it's a free to play game they could had took a better look not stay in the debug skills of the one that made the bug report ). So it will never be fixed.
    Not that many MMO with Linux client...

You need profiles for games simple as that. You might even have to fake report mesa as fglrx to get some games working properly...

Last time I checked CoR + Mesa on my HD 5670 the situation was far worst compared to hd 7750 + Mesa. In case of the HD 5670 most armor pieces were not rendered at all.

The problems apply to Intel igpu also so it's not only AMD/ATI in this game.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  17. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    On my RX 580 Enhanced Sync is present just after regularly installing 17.9s. Performance in RoTR jumped from 49fps to 54 @1440p max. so cool, but GTA4&EFLC is a 20fps stuttery mess. In Chrome 60 and latest 61, and in Opera there are html errors from time to time, especially around video thumbnails, this is not visible in latest Waterfox. HDMI audio driver is not update since beginning of time so no audio on secondary display and TV, have to use dummy MS driver instead. So not THAT great;)

18. Crazy Serb

Crazy Serb Member Guru

GPU:
    270X Hawk 1200-1302

Running custom bios is not a fix. It is not even a workaround. I do not need more power for GPU, so I do not see any reason why I should buy new GPU and I will not buy same GPU just made in 14mm for 120 euros today. I also do not have issue with UVD bug since 16.7.2 have everything I need. I hope they wont fix it, and I hope they wont fix any future basic functionality bugs for newer cards either. Why? Because some people defend such practices and if let them to do it once, they will do it again. I feel sorry for anyone who thinks that fixing bugs they made should stay bugged.

Obviously, I could not care less about UVD bug because I know what will I do when I need new GPU or newer driver

19. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Finally, programmable sample position is finally supported on D3D12.

Thank you AMD, now bring back FP16 minimum precision support!

20. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 19.2
    I wish AMD would have had the courtesy to mention that this is a beta driver.