AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive 17.1.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Virs

Virs Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 390
    Another issue that seems to be present but rare: in some games mixing 2D elements and 3D elements, the 2D elements seem to introduce flickering issues. In Rocksmith I see it more easily when playing Score Attack (top of the screen) or Session Mode (most of the screen).

2. chris89

chris89 Member Guru

GPU:
    1 bit of video ram pcie
    If your ready to ditch that continuous headache of software overclocking. Send me your BIOS .rom and we can see what the Hawaii is really all about. :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  3. sayem57

sayem57 Member

GPU:
    Zotac RTX2080Ti amp
    For the first time i tried radeon wattman oc and my 390x card died...

I overclocked only 5% on the core to check what happens and suddenly there is no display output. Then i realized my card display output is dead. When i turn on pc my computer reaches windows desktop (Just a quick note i have club 3d dp adapter for 4k60hz otput, not sure if that somehow damaged my card).

This is my first amd card and before this i always bought nvidia card, but after using amd card i was really surprised by the 4k performance of thsi 390x and was hoping to get the new 490 or whatever they release but now it seems i have to buy a gtx 1080 since i cant wait that long.

The good thing is that i still have warranty left and the vendor dont have any 390x so they will offer me options to adjust the price and take any new card :)

4. michaelmk86

michaelmk86 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    MSI AB isn't working properly with this driver? I thought that this is weird because I use MSI AB for almost a decade with many different gpu's from different brands without any issues, so I think it is the AMD fault here and not MSI AB.

5. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G

Ok. :infinity:

6. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    There is no way your card was actually damaged by that.

7. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    :funny:There are people still believing OC'ing can damage hardware in 21st century.

They can't understand it's all about overvolting (or overcurrent damage) and maybe sometimes if you are unlucky unavoidable hardware malfunction.

8. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    Or maybe they really want that new card :nerd:

9. chris89

chris89 Member Guru

GPU:
    1 bit of video ram pcie
    The first thing I did when I received my 390X 8GB is benchmarked it once on stock bios. Then immediately bios modded it as the temperatures and variables among ratios were all off and way out of whack. If you card is still going, I can mod them to not fail... Run Way Faster & much more reliable.

The 290/290X/390/390X is bound to fail shortly after purchasing simply because of 95C Core temp allowance and ASIC beyond 100C. I mod to 88C, and you can push the card as hard and as fast as it can go while also having thermal protection below the damage limit.

Just imagine a 390X @ 1,250Mhz Core on a reference 290X Blower fan and heatsink... 75C Core Temp Load/ 75C Core VRM Load no biggie.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Considering what I remember of the 290(x) getting that thing to below the target/threshold of 95 degrees required a pretty big increase in fan speed though I do not know how the 390(x) has improved on that original design.
    (Thought the target was 85 degrees on those GPU's, probably a more aggressive fan profile too by default ramping up quicker to contain the heat these GPU's otherwise tend to build up at high load.)

11. chris89

chris89 Member Guru

GPU:
    1 bit of video ram pcie
    I suppose no one has tested and done this but myself, unless I am incorrect?

290/290X/390/390X have all the same issues and flaws in common. First being BIOS being #1 front center biggest problem of these GPU's. Which is EASILY correctable by BIOS mod. The Second problem is thermal application and preparation of the Core DIODE and CORE VRM. Third the Airflow Restriction Between Slots On All Cases In General. Fourth is the actual Mounting Grill & DVI Fan Obstruction.

After resolving all of the above issues, you would then find the 390X @ 1,250Mhz Yields Precisely 1 Percent Fan Speed to 1 Degree Celsius Typically.

What we would also notice is fast amounts more air coming off the exhaust of the gpu than stock at far lower fan speeds. It can run inaudible in this configuration. Since the CFM output of 30% is equal to stock 60% fan speed.

Mathematically the above statement would be correct as the DVI Port's block literally HALF of the exhaust Outlet. So with it gone, we double the thermal performance of the cooler.

By Stock is 40-50% to 25 Degrees Celsius... Meaning it's very difficult to cool the card by stock with temperatures soaring well through the roof and fan noise in the Extremely Unbearable area.

I can mod the card to use less power, therefore run cooler and in turn I can actually get it to run well faster than stock... Running the ram at 1,500Mhz and 1000mv VDDCI is not ideal at all if you haven't modded the card like mine. Give me a chance and I can really transform your Hawaii.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. Spartan

Spartan Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    How about opening a new thread and not spamming driver threads about Hawaii modding?

13. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Using AB or any other 3rd party app to adjust GPU or memory clocks = instant graphical distortion. Everything else can be adjusted safely.

This has been thoroughly discussed in this forum for quite awhile.

14. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    @chris89

Hey, Chris, Can I send you my BIOS for modding?
    Only question I have, does it keep the EFI on?

15. chris89

chris89 Member Guru

GPU:
    1 bit of video ram pcie
    ^^^ To The Above Post^^^
    Yes, sure does. Sounds Good. Did you mean UEFI?

This thread is discussing 17.1.2 drivers which I tested and know for sure they are not performing as well @ 4k as for instance 15.12 WHQL. Some sort of internal driver power throttling when at the highest of resolution and details.

As far as overclocking goes, Afterburner and all those apps are all so worthless with the 390X. Sapphire Trixx works way better. Only use for MSI Afterburner is it's Riva Tuner Statistics Server to relay OSD data from HWInfo for instance while in game.

16. michaelmk86

michaelmk86 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    I haven't try this driver yet so I don't know if AB will work for me or not.
    As I said before I am using AB for almost a decade (I have changed 6 gpu's all these years, 3 nvidia and 3 amd) and in all the cases AB work flawlessly. So AMD must have done something "wrong" with this driver.

17. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    Yes, UEFI.
    I'll send you a PM with the BIOS, thank you!

18. chris89

chris89 Member Guru

GPU:
    1 bit of video ram pcie
    I just think were progressing in technology and MSI Afterburner doesn't do what it did for the GTX 400 Series and so on. That's when we didn't know how to BIOS mod, let alone actually yield a Masterpiece of a GPU BIOS... BIOS is the way to go these days, if the BIOS is dialed in Precisely then there is no other choice than to be straight Blown Away.

This is all I was able to pull on firestrike, but the clocks are not for gaming. There's a big difference between benchmarking clocks and gaming clocks. Though they were on the stock card untouched. Now I'm sure it would be higher. The card consumes almost 200 more watts when the memory is at 1758mhz, so the card could consume an entire power supply at the max speed. That's why for gaming we want to save power and have hours and hours of stable gameplay. :nerd:

[​IMG]

19. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    I have just made a quick video , using AMD ReLive. It was pretty easy. So far i haven't experienced any issue with the current driver. Maximum OC so far what i have tested on GPU is 1450 MHz . I use an XFX RX480 GTR XXX 8 GB version.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4qWKJf6je4
    AMD FX 8350 still holding up :D

20. chris89

chris89 Member Guru

GPU:
    1 bit of video ram pcie
    Nice overclock man. That's some solid performance.

I don't know if it's an AVC issue or what but I get visual corruption when encoding 99% of the time. Most of the time like 99.9% of the time, the video is so bad that it's trash worthy. One time it came out clear so I don't know. Desktop was fine though. I also like how it had no fps loss like at all at least on my system.