AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive 17.1.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 30, 2017.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    If the hints from the Linux driver are to be believed, they are in the middle of a 2D driver rewrite they didn't expect they had to do.

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    What GPU do you have right now?
    Last time i saw 2x270X

Im now on Kraken :grin2:

Happy to see you BTW :thumbup:

3. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    OnnA: Update your profile :)

4. michaelmk86

michaelmk86 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    can someone confirm that Radeon Additional Settings are working now on a 3xx gpu?

5. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    been working since forever here, 8Gb Sapphire 390X

6. Pale Horseman

Pale Horseman Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Master 4090
    OK, so after reading on this thread a bit, I prepared to install 17.1.2 from 16.5.11 by first reducing power limit back to 0% and removing Trixx, run DDU, then install drivers.

As long as I don't touch Wattman settings, seems to be stable so far and no more stuck clocks issue.

Still sucks not being able to max out my card, so I still hope they can fix or provide Wattman as optional.

7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I've played around with Wattman and it's working OK, so go ahead and use Wattman. It's 3rd party apps is where the trouble begins with changing clocks. I use Wattman via game profiles to do my overclocks (so I OC only when needed) and I use either AB or TRIXX to do custom fan profiles for when I OC.

8. Lavcat

Lavcat Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7900 XTX
    Earlier in the thread I reported 17.1.2 broke my WoW running under Windows 10. I've been trying to figure out why. The symptom is I only get one frame. Not one frame per second, just one frame.

I thought at first the game was frozen, however if I alt tab out of WoW and then alt tab back in, the game has progressed and the display updated. Alt tab back and forth again and get a new frame displayed.

WoW runs fine in 17.1.1 for me. Has anyone else seen a problem like this in 17.1.2?

9. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    Like 17.1.1 i have problems in Black Desert Online, miss textures, crash, driver reload...

like this:

http://i.imgur.com/1q92dbo.png

with 16.x.x all is fine in game.

I send a report to AMD

10. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Looks like the driver is censoring the game for you. :D

11. miiksu

miiksu Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 Nano
    Do u see chill under wattman global tab? That's been my problem in these Crimson drivers that I don't have chill feature.

12. Aragorn

Aragorn Active Member

GPU:
    XFX RX480 8GB
    hello guys

i start playing resident evil 7 with this driver.

The game is smooth at max graphic setting, i have only a bit stuttering some time.

anybody have some suggestion for best graphic setting? :)

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    VRAM usage will build up even on lower screen resolutions so the 69xx GPU models have something like 3 GB was it? Well it depends on screen resolution and such too just how much RAM and VRAM will be used but even without the resolution slider I can play for about half a hour before stuttering becomes very noticeable, dropping texture quality (The "cache" as it turns out.) helps a little bit as it'll unload faster resulting in a little bit more noticeable fade-in or how to call it as low-res textures are loaded into full detail alternatively full detail textures fade to low-detail.

The game also has some areas where it loads new parts of the map and if the game starts stalling when you traverse one of these (The hallway near the kitchen with the first puzzle locked door after the dinner scene for one.) that's a pretty good indicator it might be time to save and exit the game so it can unloads all that memory it's been using up. :D

Eh not sure I'm explaining it correctly but basically the game really likes RAM and VRAM and will build up and start stuttering after a while unless you have a 6 GB+ VRAM GPU (AMD 8 GB models and Nvidia 6 and 8 GB models or above.) pretty sure this happens even at "standard" 1920x1080 though it takes longer compared to my own screen res of 2560x1440 or that with the in-game res scale set to 1.5x (3840x2160) really cleans up aliasing but it doesn't take long before the VRAM is completely filled and it starts stuttering as texture and other data is swapped around. :)

EDIT: I must have misread, 8 GB should last a while though it wouldn't surprise me if the game were to fill that up too under prolonged gaming sessions.

As for in-game settings motion blur and DOF are a matter of preference as is chromatic aberration and everything else it's been called though I prefer to disable it for image clarity without having the colors shifted/separated. :D

TAA with the resolution slider at 1.5 or 2.0 (Or higher or custom values via config file editing.) should help a bit too, technically AMD VSR together with TAA and the res slider would probably provide some really nice results but while the 400 series allows up to 5120x2880 instead of 3840x2160 as with previous AMD GPU's (Or ~2880x1600 for GCN 1.1 GPU's) I don't know how well that would work outside of Crossfire since the 480 has a bit less hardware in it.

Still a powerful GPU though but probably not for 7680x4320 or even "just" 5120x2880 in more recent games since they're either very demanding as is or just poorly optimized, or at worst a bit of both heh.
    (Well there's "only" a few million more pixels, hah yeah framerate drops off pretty quickly above "4k" for most any GPU.)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  14. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    agree, not working with 16.12.1, working with 17.1.1

the thing is.. WHY there's nothing in the driver's changelog specifically about this feature? something like "fixed R9 3xx wattman issues"?

15. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I believe they addressed one bug, but not all of them. Just enough to make the driver usable. How long it will take them to address 3rd party app compatibility depends how much pressure MSI / Sapphire leverages onto AMD.

16. Lavcat

Lavcat Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7900 XTX
    Yes, the Chill feature appears for me. I must say it was a little hard to find. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the screen.

17. chris89

chris89 Master Guru

GPU:
    RADEON R5 M430 2GB
    Does the RX 400 series have 5120x2880 in VSR or is it that you need a display to do the res and the gpu can support it?

I'm on 390X, I managed to get 4k vsr finally 3840x2160 but only on the desktop... doesn't show up in the game menu's on some games and others it does yet the game Fallout 4 crashes going in. Had to set to 1080p to go in... Or run stock driver @ up to 3200x1800... I really would like to see the driver have VSR 5120x2880 on way more GPU's including GCN 1.1 and well beyond.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  18. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    :bigsmile::bigsmile:

19. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    To continue my previous post: the bigger issues have been fixed for me, but two issues seem to remain.

With my MSI 390, WattMan still doesn't seem to work. Some of the values in WattMan can be changed (fan speed, memory speed) while others refuse to move (voltage). But regardless of whether or not a value can be changed, it doesn't seem to apply. I'll change some values, click apply, and the card doesn't actually change.
    Thankfully, MSI Afterburner is still working for me just as before. I don't know if my different experience with WattMan/AB is because this is a MSI card or not, I know little to nothing about this.

The second small issue remaining is that a few games screw with my window's gamma/brightness settings. When launching them, or sometime when closing them, my entire screen becomes bright as hell. This happens with both Grim Dawn and The Evil Within. This is easily fixed, all I have to do is open Display Settings -> Advanced Display Settings -> Color Management -> navigate to the Advanced tab -> push the "Reload Current Calibrations" button.
    This brings back gamma and brightness to my default values, which allows me to keep using windows/play those games with normal values. But it has to be done whenever I play those games, and if I dont reload my settings the screen/windows remain overly bright.

Overall, still very happy with those drivers for fixing the major issues I had with previous ReLive drivers.

20. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Yes, while wattman seems to work as overdrive for my card, the extra features do not work. But idd, Afterburner does work for voltages.

As for the color profiles, I installed the driver from my monitor in windows 10 and found the same issue from time to time, even after a reboot with mixed up gamma values. Clicking the appropriate profile does fix it, but I deleted all the profiles I made and uninstalled the .inf driver for my monitor. That definitely fixed it.