AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive 17.1.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 30, 2017.

1. THEAST

THEAST Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Let me guess, you used DXVA for the upscaler/downscaler?

EVR uses DXVA. I have a feeeling anything that uses DXVA can trigger this bug.

@PrMinisterGR, let's face it, AMD is never going to fix this bug. If we manage to find and avoid whatever triggers it, our lives might become a little bit easier.

2. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire V56 Pulse
    At windowed, everything runs fine.

At fullscreen, everything is a mess.

It's probably something to do with the latest Insider and Game mode.

Btw, I know everything about your setup, Niko...you also know about mine.:)

3. Crazy Serb

Crazy Serb Member Guru

GPU:
    270X Hawk 1200-1302
    For madVR, thats correct, if you check upscaling to be done by DXVA, madVR will trigger the bug

Yes, EVR uses DXVA, but if I set DXVA in LAV and use EVR card does not get stuck in UVD clocks. If I use DXVA with built-in FFmpeg decoder, card does get stuck in UVD clocks. So its not the issue with decoders or renderers, its more like using specific decoders with specific renderers that will make our cards to get stuck in these clocks.

Ofc, we all agree that drivers are ****ty. For ones who think that this is OS related, it happens on both win7 and win10 and I saw bug even on all PCIe versions (1.1, 2.0 and 3.0). That said, I hope we wont have to bring that up again :D

4. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Nah, you don't really mean it, believe me. This is a clear cut case of the driver being bad actually. NVIDIA cards and other AMD cards don't have this problem. Not even Intel cards have it.

5. Crazy Serb

Crazy Serb Member Guru

GPU:
    270X Hawk 1200-1302
    In a meantime in AMD's community office

[​IMG]

6. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Why do you even say this? AMD is even rewriting their whole 2D driver, including the one for GCN 1.0, not just for Windows, but for Linux too. The more annoying fact than the bug itself are people in the forums saying that it's somehow "normal" to break 2D support in Windows for older (but still supported) GPUs.

No man, they will fix this bug, like they have fixed many others. The only issue I see is people giving them a clean pass about it.

7. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    @PrMinisterGR wherer did you find the info, that they were rebuilding the 2D driver?

8. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    So far , i had zero problems. Overall, better experience with AMD drivers than Nvidia. (RX 480@1450 MHz)

To be fair, in some options Nvidia control panel is better, sometimes way better.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  9. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Were trying to submit a fixed version of the "standard" driver it as a common driver for Windows/Linux, with different hardware abstraction layers between them. It wasn't accepted in the kernel because kernel maintainers said (correctly) that the code was unmaintainable, so they are actually rewriting it now because they need Linux support for enterprise Vega customers ASAP.

And here's a quote from the horse's own mouth (Tony Cheng from AMD), in the Linux kernel mailing list thread (this is from December). The initial quoted lines are David Airlie's message, on which Cheng is replying.

10. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    It is happening because AMD use only 2 groups to develop the drivers. Nice to see the model is working out for them. Before they had same approach as Nvidia has now(Nvidia went to 2 groups as well in this year). 3-4 different groups , shading over the resolved bugs multiple times over and over again.

11. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    This drive sucks even more than 17.1.1 idle bug wise, it's not just uvd clocks that are compromised I said it before the clocks can stuck even in 1000/1200MHz state, it's idle bug cause concerns few clock states that can't go back into idle state.
    It will be stupid from AMD side not to fix this cause bug is here for 8-9 months and any sain individual who wants to upgrade will be afraid and/or frustrated with this spectacle.
    The ho ho ho and Christmas are over time to end embargo.

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    That Game will never be fixed enough.
    OMG -> Why?

13. BugMeister

BugMeister Member Guru

GPU:
    2x RX480 NITRO+OC(8G)
    - that is how it is intended to be..
    - UUP ensures that your OS is always up-to-date..

- 15031 build is solid and Game Mode is working very well..
    - no problems at all here..

- the current AMD driver is excellent
    - Fallout4 with the 58G patch is utterly amazing..

- carry on..:thumbup:

14. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    see the problem is , if you are using the consumer version of windows 10, and they decide to push a broken update that effects you,and you uninstall it , it will Automatically reinstall the update While you are troubleshooting the issue which is extremely annoying, and sometimes you cannot even uninstall the update.

For example recently I had a machine with a wifi card start acting extremely strangely random freezes the explorer not responding ect, this occured after an update, i couldn't figure out what the problem was and using the default repair option made the system Unbootable(a repair disk couldn't even find the partition), after reinstalling windows everything worked fine until it updated, of which i figured out it was a conflict between the wifi driver and one of the new updates, after disconnecting the internet so that the updater would stop fighting me, i managed to find an older driver from the windows update catalog and installed that and now it has no problems.

when windows 10 works , it works well, but when things go wrong its downright cancerous.

Anyway in not sure the low clock bug is isolated to just amd hardware, there is a long standing idle clock issue on fermi cards that seems to be related dxva, clocks get locked at 203mhz and sometimes it persists even after a reboot.

15. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    It is present on my system with these drivers, though I don't use it.

As for windows 10, yes that's all to be expected and have happened before, and will continue happening in the foreseen future also.

16. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    Well guess I won't be buying that until there's a few patches out to fix all that nastiness :puke2:

17. Spartan

Spartan Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    Oh well, sucks that I have win updates disabled ;)
    Games just run and crap...

18. Octopuss

Octopuss Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    Is the re-released driver dated 25.1.? I'm having some installation problems so I'd like to confirm that.

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    February 3rd I think, that's the file date at least.

Going to check the sign date and see what that is.

EDIT: Signed by AMD January 26th, signed by Microsoft February 3rd.

EDIT: But the INF driver version lists it as January 25th.
    1702021653-16.50.2711-170125a-310869C

DriverVer=01/25/2017, 21.19.413.0

Though then again these are pretty much the same as the initial 17.1.2 drivers but with a additional Microsoft WHQL signature on them and I guess the CNext settings software is a bit newer too since it seems to be updated almost daily.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  20. THEAST

THEAST Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Why do you think AMD rewriting the 2D driver will fix this bug? Unless you are hoping that the rewrite would inadvertently fix the bug, the only thing that can fix this bug is someone listening to the users, going down into the driver code, finding the bug, and fixing it once and for all. They have had 6 months to do this, they didn't; not sure why I should still be hopeful that one day they will.

If the bug is not fixed by the time VEGA is out, it never will, since the whole driver team will then be forced to work on optimizing performance and fixing bugs on the new architecture. Our cards aren't really "supported" anymore, they are just "not deprecated yet" and that is only a matter of time. For me, a card is "supported" when you still see bugfixes for it in the driver changelog; I don't even remember the last time I saw thing in the changelog.