AMD Radeon Software Crimson Hotix November 30

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by rflair, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX6900XT
    Zucht...

- clockspeeds still dropping on several games, sometimes as low as 400-500
    mhz on CF FuryX, mostly in 5K;
    - SW Battlefront is not fixed, I see a little more textures now ie. the black
    surface artefacts are pushed a bit further away now;

A new one, I cann't use redefined profiles for crossfire anymore with games who have a defined CF-profile, anymore :mad::bang:. This is essential to play Fallout3,-NV and Skyrim enb. without any errors and good perf. I always use "Fear".

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  2. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64
    How do i even do that. I have alot to report :D

3. RexOmnipotentus

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Dat is even zuchten inderdaad ;):p

4. s0x

s0x Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8G

5. nichenstein

nichenstein Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 295x2
    Originally Posted by PrMinisterGR View Post
    The installation still takes 11.000 centuries, in a freshly formatted Windows 10 TH2 system. Got the same problem.... fixed whit 1h of unstalling and reinstalling driver...

6. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Write down the complaint on a toilet paper sheet, it would be more or less as effective to solve drivers issues but at least you can use the "report" for something useful.

:D

7. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    http://www.amd.com/report

It is like a black box of magic.

:pc1:

btw I also have the issue of not being able to run any OpenGL games.

8. RexOmnipotentus

GPU:
    Vega 64
    If i don't report anything, it will never be solved.

If i enabled Vsync and FreeSync at the same time, i get huge framedrops in unigine valley (22 FPS max instead of 84 FPS max) and Anno (18 FPS instead of 59FPS). Before Crimson i didn't have this issue. Fallout 4 doesn't seem to have this issue. Not sure if any other applications have it.

Of course there is the core clock fluctuation with FreeSync enabled. In some cases those fluctuation give me a performance hit of 10 - 15 procent. In the worst cases my framerate gets cut in half. I'm having this problem since i started using FreeSync back in august. AMD was talking about a problem with FRTC and CrossFireX, but it's not related to that.

Disabling FRTC and framepacing 'fixes' the core fluctuations, but it also disables FreeSync somehow. I also need to either use Vsync or FRTC to lock my FPS or else FreeSync doesn't work. If i lock my FPS with RTSS to 50 FPS (my FreeSync range is 33 - 60) i still get tearing. If i do it with FRTC, FreeSync is working and i get no tearing. The problem is that FRTC is giving me such huge frametime spikes that it's best to play with FreeSync enabled.

Only solution is to use another framelimiter. I use RTSS and the frametimes are nice and steady. However, AMD decided to change FRTC. I did lock both FRTC and RTSS to 59FPS as usually, but i was getting alot of micro stutter in fallout 4. Turns out that if you set FRTC to 59, it actually locks the framerate to 58. What happened is that FRTC and RTSS were fighting with each other. FRTC was pulling the framerate down to 58 and RTSS was pulling it up again.

Well, isn't FreeSync just awesome :D Thank god afterburner exists :p

9. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
  10. RexOmnipotentus

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Hmmm, if i change my resolution to anything lower than 4K i also get that issue sometimes (not all the time). If i set it to 1080p only 25 procent of the screen displays the game, the other 75 procent is black.

11. heroxoot

heroxoot Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Driver settings per game profile are still not working. Can't frame cap specific games have to do it globally. AMD please, these features are ancient.

Had this before. It happens when you change drivers and switch VSR back on. I have to reset the resolution setting for a few games to solve it.

12. Yakk

Yakk Member Guru

GPU:
    Graphics card
    Ugh, I'm in the same situation. I just don't have the strength to go through another reinstall process. I keep reporting the issue every release, but nothing... :bang:

13. RexOmnipotentus

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I'm not using VSR, i have a 4K monitor. But my guess is that the problem is the same. Might be a game related.

14. Berdugoo

Berdugoo Member Guru

GPU:
    INTEL 4000 w/ AMD 8750M
    anyone experiencing slow boot and shutdown with this new radeon crimson? i having trouble with it...tnx

15. Commander_HK47

Commander_HK47 Member

GPU:
    PC -R9290(flashed to X)
    Feel like I've done something wrong with as many people running into issues with Crimson. Used DDU to clean out 15.11, upgraded to the Nov 30 crimson driver set and fallout 4 is smother/no crimson graphical bugs while playing at 4k.:nerd:

But really, great performance gains (at lest in F4), no issues with Afterburner. I'm Happy.

16. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    TUF OC RTX 3080
    Not here !

17. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX6900XT
    Is there an other way to set per games profiles, I really want to set my CF profiles the way I want.

een nachtje slapen doet wonderen, dan kan je de amd-problemen weer even aan ;)]

18. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Black screen at startup still not fixed with the hotfix. No having this issue?

19. putino

putino Active Member

GPU:
    2x AMD Radeon 8970M / 4gb
    What kind of issue are you experiencing with 7970M?

20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    NP with this ONE, Stable and GooD performance.
    IMO they still developing Crimson ;-) so we're Beta Testers after all, but bright side of this is, when they polish them properly in the Future we will have very Good Drivers.
    As always i have installed CCC from 15.11.1 not Crimson, working OK, i need Gamma Presets from Desktop Color in the Tray.
    I hope in the future they will merge all CCC options in Crimson.

Also in the previous Crimson they were Graphical glitches in Shadow of Mordor (not disatrous but still, i Played game and it was not noticable in Play: It occurs when you look far down in the right upper corner, a little
    transparent box lol)

In our RadeonMOD i have turned On ATI Shader Cache for all games.
    Ne01 Out :)