AMD Radeon Software Crimson Hotix November 30

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by rflair, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    I'm hoping Horizons will fix supercruise too

2. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti FTW3
    Drivers & features are working good for me generally with crimson 15.11.1 hotfix, but the compass is still fu*%ed up in FO4, so AMD have fixed nothing with regard to that... :bang:

Don't know about the other game fix's yet, not got round to testing them...

3. biggyca

biggyca Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 GALAX
    i fixed it (clean install in safe mode with ddu).
    THANKS ANYWAY.

4. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 570 4GB
    I messed around with the overdrive function in AMD Radeon Settings, the GPU isn't stuck at UVD clocks. What I did was uninstalled my previous drivers using DDU, ran Ccleaner, then used Glary Utilities 5's deep registry cleaner which found an additional registry key, and installed this driver. Everything's working as it should, played Assassin's Creed Syndicate for a bit, performance was okay. No anomalies so far.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015

5. vancook

vancook Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8 GB
    GTA V have flicktering in mini map when mark a point on the map

This problem is very annoying

I'm going back to catalyst 15.11.1 beta

6. Dmented

Dmented Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080 ROG Strix
    Fallout 4's compass still glitchy for me as well. Does AMD test their drivers? The hell.

7. Pinky Floyd

Pinky Floyd Member

GPU:
    Fury Nitro
    Terry Makedon retweeted my tweet to him about fallout 4 compass and the r9 390. He said they are aware of it and working on a fix.

8. Pinky Floyd

Pinky Floyd Member

GPU:
    Fury Nitro
    It hasnt been fixed yet for the 290, its in the release notes that they are working on it.

9. vancook

vancook Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8 GB
    when the computer is sleep mode, the sound of hdmi not working. You must restart the PC to work again.. Is a problem with driver amd or realtk ??? or windows 10 ?

10. AMDFreeSync

AMDFreeSync Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB
    Compass work when I hook it up to 4K HDTV HDMI but 21:9 show the mess up compass. maybe it's a Display Port thing? it work with HDMI on 4K.

11. Alpha_Tay

Alpha_Tay Active Member

GPU:
    -
    1ms timer resolution bug again?

this new crimson has a new feature that doesnt even exist at last crimson, that pop up your default browser 1st restart after install, ask for register various AMD newsletter, that default browser pop up load before windows taskbar and everything else, even before windows internet component loading yet, WTF.

i check again, the 1ms timer resolution bug doesnt happen 1st restart after install until i double click to start radeon settings at taskbar.

at 2nd restart, there is no 1ms timer resolution bug without double click to start radeon settings at taskbar.

at 2nd restart, launch chrome browser, some website would make timer resolution rise to 1ms, after finish surfing web, close chrome browser, the timer resolution still stuck at 1ms.

UPDATE: it seem that without letting Radeon Settings cnext.exe auto run at windows startup, the 1ms timer resolution bug wouldnt happen, launch chrome browser, some website would make timer resolution goes to 10ms or even 1ms, but closing those website or chrome, the timer resolution would fall back to 15.6ms default. if letting Radeon Settings cnext.exe auto run at windows startup, the timer resolution would stuck at 1ms when any software request that and it would stay 1ms forever until restart or end process cnext.exe

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  12. realmadrid

realmadrid Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1050 TI MSI OC
    i have probleme overdrive memory idle 1375mhz temps 51 idle wtf ? fix it amd fan work great no probleme

13. romul

romul Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    is this a stand alone driver or i need to install it over the last one?

14. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I liked broken Crimson Fan con-troll much more than this "Fixed".
    Before fan was stuck at 20% even while I do not use Overdrive. Card was Idling at 26°C and reached 47°C under load.
    Now, things works as 'designed', at idle fan runs at only 15% and Idle temperature is 28°C so 2°C higher than with broken driver.

Fan speed remains at 15% till GPU reaches... well, it stays there. After 35 minutes of load I got GPU to 51°C (That's 4°C more than with broken driver.)
    I run out of patience after 55minutes when it remained at 51°C and default idle 15% fan speed.

Luckily I have friendly Afterburner which I use with games for OSD and fan control.

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Every driver is a stand alone. Unistall old one, use DDU then install updated driver.

16. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF
    Last great drivers was 15.10beta for Radeon 7970 crossfire, after that its all bad. So bad actually that after Crimson drivers I had to re-install Windows 10 again because crossfire didn't worked anymore no matter what...omg, what a nightmare...

17. billydydcoen

billydydcoen Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060 OC TUF
    i'm a bit disappointed with this driver. Installed today with no problem, normal temp, right mem/core clocks, good overall performance BUT i had a cnext.exe crash in idle state, so, i'm back to catalyst 15.11.1; i miss some feature but at least i have rock solid driver stability. I'll wait for the next crimson release, more stable, i hope...

18. Johannah

Johannah Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    Is it many ppl who have the problem that the cards refuse to speed up to thier max mhz ? and instead chill around at around 5-600mhz in some games ?

19. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Am I the only one here who hasn't had issues with the first release of the Crimson drivers? Seriously what are you people doing that's screwing things up so bad?

20. ddelamare

ddelamare Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    I've tried the hotfix and was playing Dirt Rally for about 20 minutes and my gpu fans wound up to 100% for 2 seconds... Killed the game immediately and checked the temp, 92 Degrees!!

I'm already down to one 280X, i cant afford to loose the last one.

Move back to pre crimson drivers, i have lost all faith :bang: