1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Radeon Software Crimson Hotix November 30

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by rflair, Dec 1, 2015.

1. endbase

endbase Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Pretty normal for this driver and the last crimson driver !

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 570 4GB
    No, that isn't normal. There's another user who reported the block being stuck to UVD scheme just like yours. This can't be a coincidence.

3. billydydcoen

billydydcoen Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1050ti
    No it's not, base clock for our videocard it's 150mhz for the memory clock and 300 mhz for the core clock. Try to open task manager to look at something that is rising your gpu usage making it too hot at idle state, some virus/malware make this stuff

4. fardeenah

fardeenah Member

GPU:
    R9 270X 2Gb
    reinstalled the drivert, it seems fine for now , will keep on checking it

5. endbase

endbase Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Nice that you hace solved it for me it is different with my R9 380 always has been a bit high because of "intelligent" fan control :p

In iddle the fans turn off how brilliant is that it is hard coded so I can not realy do anything about it but on the other hand it does not realy bother me as long the fans speed up if the temperature get's higher :)

6. Grabber

Grabber Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD 7850
    Why doesn't the build-in updater, find 15.11.1. :3eyes:

Just use that function, AMD.

7. putino

putino Active Member

GPU:
    2x AMD Radeon 8970M / 4gb
    Well. Do you play AC:S? I'm still unable to play it with Crossfire enable with a similar configuration, since it doesn't render properly in full screen (i.e. if I set it in full screen it still goes in windowed mode without border, not in a proper full screen and therefore the Crossfire can't be enabled).

I suppose that this bug has not been corrected yet. It's still there since the Catalyst release 15.11.1 beta and not yet resolved.

Code:
    [80314] Assassin's Creed® Syndicate - Game cannot be launched in full screen mode on some laptop systems with an Intel processor and an AMD graphics device

I've sent several reports and asked the customer care of AMD, but I didn't get any answer so far.

Same issue, I needed to install it manually using the Guru3D link.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  8. PNeV

PNeV Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    For those saying about the 50c idle temps, I noticed I get the same when I use Chrome and have Facebook open, it seems to put the clocks into Low Power 3D (strange I know). Having Facebook open on Chrome in the background also stops my overclock applying in games (sticks at stock 880 rather than 1100).

9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    Maybe the game is so undemanding that new power saving feature downclocks the card hard.

10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    Got hardware acceleration on for chrome?

11. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti Sli
    Are the dropping clocksspeeds for the Fury also fixed? And SW BF is corruption free now in CF?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  12. gyigyo

gyigyo Member

GPU:
    palit gtx 460 768mb
    My 290x idle temp is 56c its too hot... what the hell? the previously driver have 30c!! this is what amd call FIX??

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Wth are you guys doing. Disable everdrive and use AB.

My temps at this moment :

[​IMG]

14. Sharoth

Sharoth Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2080 OC
    I can't apply any manual fan speeds... I toggle it on, adjust the slider to where I want it, hit apply and it goes back to toggled off and slider resets to 20%... wtf...

15. gyigyo

gyigyo Member

GPU:
    palit gtx 460 768mb
    I don't even use AMD overdrive... I use only AB with default clock/fan setup now my idle temps is 60C its too hot the previously driver have 25-30C. even the catalyst diver was better like 45-50C...

16. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    Seriously i love AMD and i hate to say that this was exactly what i expected to happen with the first Crimson release. It's chaos. Why doesn'T AMD learn from this kind of issues? It would have been better to release a catalyst with only a few minor fixes and work a lot longer on Crimson. Why do they always rush things and cause issues like that? And why does it happen so often that AMD claims that they fixed smth when it is not.
    I want them to be able to compete with Intel and NV but seeing things like this happen it's just a question of time till AMD is done. They seriously need more testing and a better quality control on this things.

17. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    Oh these kind of things happen for anyone making drivers/software even with a lot of testing and quality control...

18. Yakk

Yakk Member Guru

GPU:
    Graphics card
    Everything works, except ULPS. My 2nd R9 280x still does not turn off and stays at 300mhz when in desktop mode. Been 4 driver revisions now this is happening and its getting annoying cause my PC is pretty much always on and wasting power.

19. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    Everything works fine here. I didn't have Overdrive enabled, the 2d clocks/voltages are correct, and the fans spin up as they should.

20. endbase

endbase Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    I have it enabled any way to disable it again I can't find it