AMD Radeon Software Crimson 16.7.3 (16.30)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by d2kx, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Not Recommended for 480 Owners

2. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti FTW3
    Hehehe, thanks for that bro :)

Now I am soooo glad that I chose this R9 390 last year when my local Pc distributor replaced my GTX 970 (due to the vram scandal)....

Extremely underrated but Superb perf. for the price & really showing its strengths now in the face of future tech...

On a serious note though, gutted for new RX owners... Gotta be a downer to face these kinds of issues when you just wanna be enjoying your investment :(

Peace :thumbup:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  3. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    For me, this driver has been rock solid.

4. Seren

Seren Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    So far this driver is working fine for me but haven't played any newer games.

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Great drivers , no problems to report. I got a little boost in performance coming from the old 16.5 drivers to this driver in DiRT Rally and NFS 2016 on my single 290X OCed @ 1225/1400Mhz on H2O. This Video card it's like wine , it keeps getting better and better as the time goes by :)

6. randomizer

randomizer Master Guru

GPU:
    5600 xt Gaming OC
    These drivers + new patch for Rise of TR runs beautifully on AMD RX 480! I can now have all effects on on 2k resolution without AA and it's very playable with AMD Freesync :)

7. Seren

Seren Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  8. DrunkenDonkey

DrunkenDonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    2xPC 290 PCS+
    I've got a strange issue with this driver, installed over the .2 whql: hdmi audio dies if the computer goes to sleep before playing any sound. Normally when I get home I hit the power, then go to settle stuff and when I'm back it is usually sleeping. No sound, and what is weird, all programs trying to output some audio get EXTREMELY slow, i.e. even the tray sound properties take minutes to open. Starting the computer, playing anything and then leaving it to sleep no issues.

9. Odellot

Odellot Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF RTX 3090 XG438Q
    No problem using this driver on Our Family PC with Reference RX 480 OC to 1360 @ 1.080v...Rock stable..:D

10. Berdugoo

Berdugoo Member Guru

GPU:
    INTEL 4000 w/ AMD 8750M
    does anyone encounter freeze on installation? and what is normal issue this or how to fix it??? ty... :bang:

11. geko95gek

geko95gek Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ 6600 XT
    Trying it on my HD 8970M 4GB.

Updated the driver via Device Manager as I like to stick to my Catalyst since I despise Crimson with a passion. So far running smooth, will play some games later tonight!

12. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 4GB
    These drivers work just fine, no crashes whatsoever. Well, atleast on my old HD 7750. Can't say about newer cards.

13. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Working fine here, and just updated to Win 10 1607. BLEEEET! :rock:

14. moaka

moaka Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 ti MSI GX
  15. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6800 XT

16. moaka

moaka Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 ti MSI GX
  17. Heat-40

Heat-40 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 ti
    The new Win 10 1607 update decided to bin all my drivers and update them with older ones.

18. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 4GB
    It probably downloaded ones from Windows Update and installed them over yours. Drivers from WU are a bit older then the ones you can download from AMD/Nvidia websites.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Do a clean uninstall and install the latest 16.7.3 manually.

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Yeah Windows 10's insider builds do much the same sadly, if you don't go into the temp folder it extracts everything too before rebooting to start the install some of your drivers might be "adjusted" a bit.
    (So you need to go into the driver subfolder and delete it all to retain current installed ones.)

In particular the AMD display driver was always redownloaded as version 15.x something with the older CCC2 stuff even if WU has newer versions on it's servers.
    (It's all simple .inf and .cat files along with the driver files themselves so it's easy to check what the OS thought you should have, usually it's very old stuff long since replaced.)

Intel's network driver is also usually targeted even if you use a much newer version and the AMD HDMI audio driver too, those were the three I had to always remove with every new build downloaded. :)