AMD Radeon Software Crimson 16.4.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by d2kx, Apr 5, 2016.

1. NAZ2222

NAZ2222 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC 6800XT 16G
    LooL if I dont do the hyst tweak in regedit I cant still have smooth frames, toggle On or Off, Wtf is happening with the 380 chips drivers...

2. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Okay, it is official, Frame target not working on far cry 4 or the division here. So what is up?

Not working on any game for that matter via games profiles, and it has to be set on global for it work. Anyone else having the same issue?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  3. RickMoranisFan

RickMoranisFan Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 Fury
    Did 16.4.1 kill Radeonpro for anyone else? It still somehow managed to work fine all the way into Crimson up to 16.3, but it now crashes on startup with two different cards (Fury, 390X) post-update

4. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    works fine for me on win10 290 vapor-x

5. k4sh

k4sh Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070 @ 2139-2152
    How about bezel compensation ? With 16.3.1, i still have to install 15.11.1 CCC over Crimson to make it work properly.

6. anish81

anish81 Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 290 DCUII OC
    Me :)

Also frame rate target control does not work with in game vsync.

7. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I can disable per profile in radeon settings? Why is this an issue? Because I've been disabling for games I don't need the cfx and for games where it does not work properly and everything is fine...

8. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    All the games you just wrote are nvidia games with crappy cfx support. Not sure how cfx is in amd games haven't been playing anything new anyways. Considering it is up to devs more then up to gpu makers to deliver us multi gpu support now it is hard when they have to support two vendors that do it tad differently. And even then sli and xfire both have good amount of issues in different games. And of course when things work the scaling can vary from 20 to 99% most of the time being closer to that 20% :D How fun is that double the power used for 20% more fps.

AMD and Nvidia ain't without faults but the technology is there to be implemented by game devs, I just don't see big studios supporting small as hell field of multi gpus. And then amd and nvidia simply cannot fix something unless they can and will work with the devs, here I would think amd does not have the money or the time to dish in to that situation so they are tad worse off then nvidia. We multi gpu users are minority of minorities in gaming.

For me I have so huge backlog of games that I can use the xfire correctly since game devs have fixed the issues that plagued the titles. And the more we go towards dx12 we just might lose the whole multi gpu thing totally unless devs make it work.

That new dual fiji is aimed at VR which actually makes sense. That VR might be the saving grace for multi gpu setups to get 100% scaling.

9. THEAST

THEAST Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    If you create a profile for Skype and disable CFX, and then launch Skype, will your second card stay in ULPS sleep? If it doesn't, then CF is not really disabled. This is exactly what happens for majority of games; when you disable CF, the second card still wakes up, even though it won't render anything anymore, and it will still break games that have CF-related bugs.

I don't play that many games, so I cannot give you that many examples, but among the few games that I play, I had a CF-related bug which prevented Dark Messiah of Might and Magic from launching, even if CF was disabled in the game profile, until I disabled CF globally. AMD silently fixed the bug a few drivers ago. I still have this bug, though:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/200510/discussions/0/648811670516025966/

Which again cannot be avoided by disabling CF in the game profile. There was also a bug with madVR crashing in a CF environment which could again not be fixed by a profile, but that was also fixed by AMD in 16.1.

Needless to say, I am yet to come across a game which actually breaks under CF (I am not referring to negative scaling or CF-related stuttering here) but works fine if I disable CF in a profile for that game.

10. emsir

emsir Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    So let us know what your issue was and how you know they fixed it. Maybe others have the same issue.

Do you really think AMD just fixed your issue, because you reported it, over night? I don't think so.

11. emsir

emsir Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

You simply can't install Crimson drivers on a 6000 series card. It's not supported . Only legacy drivers. Look here and don't post something not true.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows+10+-+64

12. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    That is just weird. If I had that game I would test that thing. But for the games I had CF issues I simply disabled the game profile and it worked no issues anymore. I have ULPS disabled as a whole.

13. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    It's clearly stated, by the very link you posted, that 6000 series is still supported with 16.2.1.
    Hell, I use 16.2.1 with my 5650m.

Don't post something (that's) not true.

14. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Really?Are you sure ULPS is STILL disabled?

Check again.

I see ULPS re-enabled again by driver itself AFTER i tried to disable CFX in a custom game profile selecting "disabled"!!!

Look at GPU-Z, global and per GPU timings.

:3eyes:

15. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I will once this thing updates. Will come back to you. Tho no more crossfire option in crimson settings xD

16. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Did you guys have VSR on HD7000?
    I swear that I was having officialy the VSR Options on my HD7870 on prevously drivers, I don't remember if that was 16.1 or later
    but now it says unsupported in Radeon Settings on newest 16.4.1 drivers.
    Maybe its restricted to HDMI Connection, cuz I have my graphic connected by DisplayPort.

17. emsir

emsir Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    AMD Desktop Product Family Can't you read ?

From AMD:

AMD Product Compatibility

The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition driver is compatible with the following AMD products.

AMD Desktop Product Family Compatibility***8203;
    AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics
    AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics
    AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics
    AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ HD 8500 - HD 8900 Series Graphics
    AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 - HD 7900 Series Graphics

18. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    No, I have new 1440p Dell monitor & Asus HD7870 and no VSR option. Custom resolutions doesn't work. So no higher resolution at all :(

19. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
    I have it on my 7850. I'm using DVI connection though.

20. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    So why they didn't get any newer drivers since 2 months? :banana: Sorry dude, but AMD left legacy cards. I would be very astonished, if they released another package.