AMD Radeon Software Crimson 16.3

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by d2kx, Mar 9, 2016.

1. realmadrid

realmadrid Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1050 TI MSI OC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

is ok now or i go down like 4-4-4-11

2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Don't go that down it won't work at all. That is DDR 2 territory.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Take a look at the difference in bandwidth.

[​IMG]

4. realmadrid

realmadrid Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1050 TI MSI OC

5. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700XT Gaming OC
    No. In Rocket League, I get an annoyingly amount of screen tearing with FPS limited to my monitor's refresh rate (60Hz). Usually it doesn't bother me because it's not that frequent and noticeable like get a tear once in a while but with these drivers it is very frequent, almost constant and not only that, when screen tearing happens, it's really choppy which ruins the gameplay. I play with Vsync on now. Screen tearing is also more noticeable in GTA V as well and other games.

Could be the new Power Efficiency. I have it on disabled but before I used ClockBlocker.

6. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    Limiting FPS to my refresh rate always, always caused horrible tearing for me as far back as I can remember, before getting a FreeSync monitor that is. :D

7. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Here is the link to the bios. It's nothing special, just the latest version of the 280x bios I could find, that worked correctly with my blue PCB Sapphire 7970. The bios has a UEFI GOP, and below are the exact characteristics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After you tighten the timings, it is EXTREMELY important to check the memory using a tool like MemTest x86. Preferably, let it run all night and check if you have errors in the morning.

1866 is quite hard for a lot of DDR3 to get actually, especially since he has a limit from the chipset for some things.

1T is the best, in memory timings the lower the better, just don't overdo it and make sure you test with Memtest before daily usage. Memory corruption can f*ck up a lot of things, be careful with it and have a backup because it can corrupt files and OS installations.

8. yafatana

yafatana Member

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390 nitro
    I installed the 16.3 driver after using ddu
    and here is my settings
    maximum tessellation is missing
    and
    power eff is on by defult normal ?
    according to amd it must be toggled to off .
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    AMD Optimized = Tessellation level is set automatically depending on the games profile setting in the display driver. :)

I prefer to set it to manual or what it's called and then I use 32x as the difference between that and 64x is pretty minimal unless you view via wireframe or something while still providing a small performance boost.
    (16x is also pretty minor against 32x so that works too if you'd prefer.)

(High texture filtering quality, surface format optimizations off and 16x AF is enforced too with anti-aliasing to enhance and adaptive AA instead of supersampling due to the fps hit SSAA incurs, allows for EQAA in compatible games, there's edge-detect too if you hate high framerates, looks good though but extremely demanding.)

Power efficiency = On means that the GPU bios (The 390, Fury and Nano too I belive.) and display drivers work to lower power usage but in games this can sometimes cause stuttering and frame dips, Clockblocker worked around this but now there's this driver setting you can disable to remove some of these power savings functions while still allowing the GPU to regulate clock speeds somewhat. :)

10. AHPD

AHPD Active Member

GPU:
    R9 Fury Tri-X @4096SP
    How the hell can your card beat a Toxic R9 280X which is clocked 1150/1600Mhz?

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/7183028

Granted not the latest drivers, but almost 400 points more is a bit steep to get.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Maybe he override the tessellation level in the driver. it boosts the scores/performance by quite a bit. If i do it too, make something like 8X i can reach those scores as well. Otherwise its around 8200 range (9500 graphics)

12. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    uh oh dual channel broken on my pc. And getting a new motherboard is stupidly hard already for this set. Oh well. Make do with things I got.

13. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Not the latest driver and his CPU doesn't seem to be overclocked. Furthermore, the only difference we have is the VRAM clock. I went that high since 16.2 I think. My card has been slowly gaining since the 1018.1 driver, very slowly, but with each release. In the physics score we have a difference of more than 1,000 points, in the graphics score it's just 500. I believe that in combination with the driver, the tighter timings I have on the ram, the OC and the latest driver make up the difference.

14. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Possibly the best motherboard you can get for a reasonable price is this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/b004um05tu/geizhals07-21/ref=nosim?m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I have the same, it has been really nice to my Sandy. The bios is a bit rougher than others, but the build quality is top notch, you get UEFI, and you have full speed on all PCIe because of the Hydra chip. In the end, it gave me the same OC with lower voltages than my previous MSI P67A-GD65, and it allowed me to tighten the timings of my RAM, which wasn't even possible before. The other things I see are 200 euro ASUS motherboards, and questionable quality ASRock and Gigabyte motherboards that I wouldn't touch with at 10-feet pole. I was lucky, I got it when they had them only for 75 euros :p

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  15. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    So power efficiency is for 3xx series only, why? Nvidia has had that in for ALL cards.

16. Weekend

Weekend Active Member

GPU:
    1660 S
    I don't think GCN 1.0 has any power efficiency even the GCN 1.0 cards on 3xx series... (r9/r7 370 is GCN 1.0 right?)

17. Hana88

Hana88 Member Guru

GPU:
    Ati radeon 7970@ 1100/145
    [​IMG]

so... it's monday 14th...

18. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    That simply means "max clocks" for NVIDIA. You can do something similar with the Crimson panel and Overdrive per profile, I believe.

It's AMD, which means 23:59 Hawaii time.

19. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    2 Hours From now!

20. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    :infinity:
    it turns off some power function in the bios.

2xx doesnt have those functions.