AMD Radeon Software Crimson 16.3

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by d2kx, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    I've played around some more with FreeSync and got it to work on 16.3. I had to set FRTC to 59 FPS instead of 60 as it was for older drivers, but it works now.

Problem now is that 16.3 on W8.1 hangs my system when starting Dragon's Dogma, though it works on 10.

I think I gave 16.3 enough of a chance, I'll wait for the next version and keep 16.2.1 until then.

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Im finally running Crimsons :D

Power Efficiency OFF is working fine for me, no more clock bouncing, both cores are locking maxed, and don't shift :cool:

EDIT:

This is on Win 7 btw :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  3. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    Fury Nitro 1070/600
    I used to use combination Crimson (15.11.1 for HD 8650G and 15.12 for HD 7970M) and everything was fine.
    I wanted to make same things for 16.2.1 (last pre-GCN driver) and 16.3. No way. Crimson detect HD 8650G only.
    I used every method, which i know. Set "Performance" for Setup.exe, disabled ULPS, using Device Manager. Everything don't work.
    AMD forgot about Switchable Graphics?

4. Jkhan

Jkhan Guest

Where's power efficiency setting in crimson? Can't seem to find it.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. It was in the Global settings. I was looking for it in the game profiles :bang:

5. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    This is such a ****ty situation. Report that to them, and if nothing happens by the next release, we should try to do something about it. There are thousands of laptops like that out there.

6. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    Fury Nitro 1070/600
    I sent report. I hope they fix this issue.

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Ive not noticed any. :)

8. janos666

janos666 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    I wonder if anybody else have a problem with audio bitstreaming because I never got it working under Win10.

I assumed it's probably a driver issue because AMD started to ship a different sound driver (the System / Audio Bus is no longer handled by the MS driver [it used to be and usually still is for many "sound card" devices like Realtek mobo-integrated sound]) and I knew MS made some changes to WASAPI (mainly to achieve lower latency).
    But several driver packages came around since 15.7 and it never seemed to work.

I also updated my media player and the audio codecs recently and bitstreaming is still dead.

As a last resort, I tried to rewire my system on a casual way (VGA--->AVreceiver--->HDTV) because I normally use separate HDMI connections for audio and video (one cable from the VGA's native HDMI 1.4 port to the HDTV's 1.4 port and another cable from a DVI-D port of the VGA card with a DVI<->HDMI passive adapter to connect the HDMI 1.3 capable AV receiver, so I can utilize the frame-packed 3D support over HDMI 1.4 and also get HD audio through the old pre-3D era [but otherwise high quality] AV receiver).

It's not a big issue since nowadays open-source and free codecs can properly decode the usual HD formats (a few years ago you had to use bitstreaming or resort for SD quality) and the receiver is happy with 8-channel 24/96 LPCM.
    PCM decoding and WASAPI shared-mode mixing is even preferable in most cases (you might wish to hear some important real-time notification sounds like online market price alerts and such even if they disturb the movie).
    But sometimes it would be nice to have bitstream working, even for diagnostic purposes (to make sure by real-world testing that this new Windows mixer don't cause any human-detectable quality loss when a matching format is used).

9. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64
    It looks like AFR Compatable mode enables CrossFire for me in games like Anno 2205 and ESO. Before CrossFire would only work with the "enable CrossFire for games without an associated profile" checkbox.

10. SimBy

SimBy Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 290

I only use Kodi so can't speak for any other media player. I'm using Yamaha RX-V863 receiver connected to Sony TV and have no problems bitstreaming in W10.

11. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    I'm pretty sure I did. I was getting odd FPS drops with low clocks in weird situations in games like R6.. Of course they didn't give the option to switch off power saving for 290x, but clock blocker has an immediate impact in these scenarios

12. billydydcoen

billydydcoen Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060 OC TUF
    any driver after 16.2.1 make Batman Arkham Knight crash with the rendering thread exception error, i tried 16.3 and the Vulkan beta package, no luck. Rolled back to 16.2.1 + Catalyst Control Center. Really disappointed

13. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    Great find! Works for me too in DCS World, Red Faction Guerrilla, and Elite: Dangerous.

14. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    for me... Kodi and several older games are taking ages to fully close and return to desktop. Its been like this for a while.

anyone else?

15. SimBy

SimBy Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 290
    I had problems with Kodi closing slowly in the past, but it's probably not the same issue you have. In my case I just removed every non essential Kodi plugin/add-on. Always closes quickly now. I'm on bare minimum (Confluence skin, Global search and essential scrapers).

I'm still on 15.2 so not sure if something weird is going on with latest versions.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016

16. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Doesn't work for games like Rainbow Six:Siege

17. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Did CrossFire ever work with the game? I mean, did it work with the checkbox?

18. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    nah either UBI or AMD has it completely disabled, no way to force it on at all. The beta you could enable it, but it had MASSIVE graphical issues. I think because the game defaults to TXAA is the reason, TXAA renders every other pixel in a grid then upscales it with a smoothing algorithm, you can disable it though.

19. heroxoot

heroxoot Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Oh wow when I start windows radeon settings actually starts with it and sits in the notifications. And VSR stays enabled after reboot. Wow and it only took them like, 5 driver versions? Damn Nvidia, watch out, AMD is getting hot. :bang:

BUT NOW IT DOESN'T FIND MY GAMES WHEN I SCAN. Freaking hell.

20. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    No need to rollback. Just copy the AMD DLLs that work for Batman into the games directory.