AMD Radeon Software Crimson 16.3.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by stasio, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    and that's exactly why I gave up Grossfire, went single, and never gonna look back, encouraging every one of you mgpu users to do the same, while strongly discouraging anyone to opt for mgpu.

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    As far as i know, its not Xfire he was talking about, when on about multi-GPUs, its using both GPUs seperately, like how you can use an AMD and a Nvidia card together to get a boost, Dx12 does away with SLi/Xfire.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  3. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    AMD RTG boss making comments about a brighter future of DX12 multi-GPU support that must be implemented ONLY by game devs.

Is this easier than CFX?...Or SLI from game devs AND GPU makers?

Something like "Virtu 2" with dedicated GPUs from the same or different maker done by game devs ALONE.

:puke2:

ALL the multi-GPU support in hands of game devs for DX12 games is a dream for GPU makers that can (and will) discharge ALL their responsability on multi-GPU support....and an absolute nightmare for GPU owners.

On paper and on the AMD'S showcase (AOTS) this new agnostic multi-GPU support is fantastic.

4. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X

well good for them then, because they have pathetic crossfire support...

5. xSneak

xSneak Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury 3840 core
    I have the same exact problem assuming you don't have teamviewer running. What monitor do you have?

Could you help us by posting in my thread on the amd support section and the UT development bug reports/qa section.
    My thread on amd support section is "unreal engine 4 games minimize upon launch"
    and
    "[BUG] Game minimizes upon launch with AMD GPU & 144hz Monitor"
    in the ut development bug forum.

I think the bug described in the release notes might be related to complaints about the ue editor freezing up when you have certain settings turned on. I can't post links on this forum sorry.

I've had this bug on every ue4 game since i got my monitor last year.

6. Kruse

Kruse Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X 4GB
    Is that weird clock speed issue from a couple of versions ago still around, or did they finally eliminate it?

7. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I doubt that GPU makers are happy that they don't have any control on the SLI/CrossFire implementation in a game. If all game devs decided that CrossFire/SLI simply isn't worth their time, multi GPU system are a thing from the past.

However, i would be very nice if there is an easy way to automatically implement multi-GPU support in DX 12 games. That would be a dream come true for both gamer and GPU maker.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Was just playing an hour and a half with no problems, whan an owesome game :

[​IMG]

9. xSneak

xSneak Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury 3840 core
    something causes it to happen i'm not sure what it is exactly. Some people don't have the problem.

10. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Is VSR still auto turning off for anyone else? These drivers are perfect for Tomb Raider, but I can't get VSR to stay on after turning it on.

11. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    great game, you should add me, nevernamed

12. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    Anybody notice if these drivers improve performance in the division?

13. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I have the game installed all the time but i play it very rarely. UT is great like always but is it me or just few people are playing the game? Every time i try to play this game i have problems with finding servers or these weird ass "game hubs" (wtf is this bs anyway?!... did it come from console peasants?) populated with sensible number of players. 1 player is not worth to play.
    I'm wondering why is so few players of this game, is "pre-alpha" state so scaring people from trying it out? Or maybe lack of steam integration?

14. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    On the display tab on the crimson control panel, click "additional settings" at the top right, wait for that to open then close it.

Turn on VSR and reboot

Done.

Something about registry entries not being created at install and doing this creates them

15. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    yes, opening up ccc lite fixes it...

16. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Don't forget when you open up additional settings to click on the green thumbtack so it will be added to the desktop right click menu.

17. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Good tip :thumbup:

18. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I'm wondering what causes this problem with disabling VSR upon restart. I had r7 260x and currently i own r9 380, on both vsr has always been working properly and never disabled upon restart or by some other ridiculous reason.
    Both gpus i've been using on 8.1 and 10 with almost every released driver version.

19. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Still doesn't work for me. I open the additional settings. Close it and then turn on VSR. Display flickers and then it is on for 2 secs and then it turns off.:bang:

20. GeRmAnOs

GeRmAnOs Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6950XT
    I got this problem from 16.2 and 16.3.1 is the same,my vsr works ok but cant add custom resolution WTF??. Anyone with 280x got this problem??

[​IMG]

When i hoover on button it tells me framelock/genlock must be disabled and my setup must be single monitor or extended desktop.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016