AMD Radeon R9 Fury X - Official Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 19, 2015.

1. gUNN1993

gUNN1993 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 Windforce 3
    Ever considered working for a major news outlet with spin like that?

2. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    I guess that the response to his quote was too easy to resist.

3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Those have been usually game ready drivers that introduces SLI support and performance optimisations. AMD rarely manages to do that.

4. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    That's not true anarion, don't speak what you don't know about.

5. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I am having more issues nowadays with Nvidia drivers than I had with AMD. I really wish people would stop talking sh*t about AMD. Nvidia are BAD right now.

I HATE FANBOI'S.

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It isn't.

There isn't much wrong with that though, i only get it as 13€ difference not 130€.

Just done a quick calc and $650 is 572.41€ add 20% tax as it's 20% in France and most other EU countries and it's 686.89€, so 700 isn't exactly milking it.
    Nothing to do with the HW manufacturers as it's your government who is taking the extra.

My brother in law just sold his two 970's and has pre-ordered a 980ti at £499.99 which has a tax free price of £416.66 which is $661.70.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  7. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    agree, but it is not either a gamer card... it's 50/50 of both and so not bad but not good either in both activity...

you have the power of a gamer GPU and the mem size of the quadro (despite the previous one where far more interesting for workstation, and so where listed in the "pro" catalog too).

about firepro: there is a total abandon from AMD logistic... lack of drivers... lot of anouncement but no GPU in stock and month to wait... no support at all...
    if NVidia is in 99% of pro config, it's due to AMD, not to their team. (btw this is sad i think)

8. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Here is the Fury X manual:
    http://support.amd.com/Documents/amd-radeon-r9-fury-x.pdf

Cooling solution is by Cooler Master:

9. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    Yeah but unlike the previous Titans, the TX doesn't actually boast that immense double precision performance. The VRAM is indeed good but I feel it's an overall letdown from the previous Titans. This makes CAD and scientific calculation slower on this card.
    But you're right, rendering doesn't require DP performance so render guys should be happy.

10. meth curd

meth curd Active Member

GPU:
    2080TI FE
    tx is also the go-to card for deep learning (specifically convolutional neural networks that require a lot of memory)

11. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    That is true, well pointed :).

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ah, well I assumed that 650$ is with tax included.. Nvm then, thanks.

Although 780TI pricing still got me a little curious., It was said to bee 600-700$ and in end it was the same in EU, 600-700€ max..

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Nah, the tax rate varies so much over there that everything (exc non luxury stuff that is exempt) is before sales tax, which makes shopping confusing at first.
    It's still usually under 10% though, so nothing like the 20% we pay.

Maybe it got a US price-cut that wasn't didn't get much press, differing rates or something.
    I wasn't paying much attention around that time but don't see anything like a GPU ever being cheaper in the EU than in the US.

14. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    That's the point that seems lost on people as to what good driver support actually is. It doesn't always mean they're perfection but at least nvidia, on a far more regular basis, is trying to do things to make their hardware work even better.

Nvidia is by no means a perfect company. No doubt there.

AMD though is a sinking ship and it's due to their own incompetence. No way in hell I'd spend $500+ for a piece of hardware from a company that's sinking so fast and has diminishing support. (look at their numbers the past decade) The past few years I've only bought cheap or 2nd hand AMD cards and I'm slowly avoiding those too.

15. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    Let's all only buy nVidia and Intel so that there will be a monopoly. That will make things better for everyone, for sure!

16. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    The problem with this is that if you are spending money to support an incompetent company, that might only encourage them to continue it (usually takes some seriously bad reports to shuffle management around). After all, fanboys will still support them right? Competition naturally creates or fades out companies. Whether or not they survive is often dictated by the strategy and decisions the company makes, which then affects the company image and products the consumers see.

By constantly making bad decisions or being outplayed by the competition, it means that leadership in the company isn't up to snuff and needs to be replaced. The company may eventually require a complete restructure and may be bought out if it goes bankrupt, however this is all normal. Supporting a failing company isn't something you should be doing. Unless of course, you have the credentials and knowledge to move up to the management level to seriously change things around.

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    It will. Instead of paying in lifetime of same performing card 5% more for AMD due to electricity bill.
    You'll pay double for card upon purchase. But because it will be so expensive, there will be huge performance difference between those who can afford top and those average.
    Games will be still developed in average in mind, so those on top will always have good experience (not like today).
    There will be close to no evolution, so people with top card will enjoy it for very long time.
    Same as with intel right now.
    Or you can acknowledge that AMD is under transformation last 1.5~2 years. And to see results in this business takes much longer as development cycle for CPU/GPU architecture may take even 6 years.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  18. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    Intel has been focusing on Performance/Watt, which they are doing really well at. AMD really needs to step it up with Zen in both IPC AND P/W. The reason being both servers and mobile devices view this metric as extremely important. Desktops, as important as they are, isn't the entire picture, nor where the growth is at.

Games aren't developed with PC averages in mind, they are developed with consoles in mind. Whether or not PCs get any additional eye candy/is playable or not is up to the developers. If it were developed for PC averages, then Nvidia would reign supreme due to market share.

My statement isn't directed at AMD now, but more about general economic principles. Supporting a noncompetitive company is useless and futile. AMD will be in this situation if their Zen architecture fails to impress and make sales like Bulldozer, then their CPU market will be effectively dead. The unfortunate fact is that AMD needs to step it up, and quickly as well. No one is going to wait for them to get back on their feet. The market is relentless and fast paced. Those that can't keep up will eventually fade away , regardless of how large they once were (just look at Nokia, BB, etc.).

19. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Dude, everything you say is wrong, I'm sorry.

20. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    Well... AMD's driver support has been notoriously slow for the last year...

Not to mention the DX9 Cryengine bug, software VSR issue, Mantle recording support, nor the extremely annoying but hard to reproduce/fix "screen can't wake up" issue that has been going on since GCN1.0's launch. The first two had to be fixed by users for a long time (VSR is ongoing for older GCN cards).

I've been using both brands (I had a 670, and I have laptops with Nvidia and AMD switchable dGPUs), and both are far from perfect, but Nvidia at least output drivers quicker. At the very least, it lets the consumer feel better. AMD's snail pace of driver development isn't very encouraging, especially for multi-card users when new games launch.