AMD Radeon R9 Fury X - Official Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Megabiv

Megabiv Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    These cherry picked games are also running an a bizarre range of settings, I mean who would buy a high end GPU to run a 4k display with in game settings set to MEDIUM with no AF? Why not just simply put all games to maximum and set the 4k resolution with AFx16 and either AA on or off (throughout all tests) and see which is the better performer. Heck even the numbers from AC Unity are poor on both cards with those settings so why not just see what they can do flatout since we all now we can run 4k games if you adjust the settings.

2. vajoiner

vajoiner Active Member

GPU:
    Mystique G200
    yeah, i think i'll wait for the guru to bench it. thanks.

3. MasterfulSaber

MasterfulSaber Member

GPU:
    STRIX GTX 970|RL2455HM
    True that, would love to see benches on max settings with maybe just AA on/off. But I guess we'll just have to wait a wee bit more.:eyes:

4. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    May be his words sometimes seem to be a little biased(may be I am biased to opposite?). But his charts are rock solid to me.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Read before writing. You are quoting re-posted text from the source, wccftech, not mine.

You just cherry picked a result yourself.

6. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    All very curious, next week's Fury X review feels like Xmas coming early, kinda excited still :)

7. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    No those charts HH showed us do not have the 100MHz OC on them, but This one does showing the improvement the Fury X gains with it:

[​IMG]
    (source the vid cardsz site)

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Looks like Fury will be faster than 980ti (which means it will be faster than TitanX too). Well done AMD, nVidia needs a price reductions, especially in Europe.

9. Fury X will be faster compared to 980ti in majority (if not all) of cases, combined with raw performance that are always on AMD side, I don't see how 980ti would be competition to it (except at lower price, or for lower power consumption - small margin).

Also, after future update of the products, raw performance of Fury will be even more visible (same thing that happened with HD 7000, 200 series etc., compared to nvidia cards at the time, they did trade blows, from perspective of just year latter, nvidia products was far inferior, and still are, as they was). Just something to keep on mind.

10. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I hope the Fury X brings a price drop so I can splash my money on one of those 980 Ti's, if the custom Fury Xs don't come with a dvi port.. :)

11. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 FTW
    [​IMG]

Agreed 100%

I'm not mixing anything. Veteran commented that the Titan will destroy the Fury X regardless, and my comment was that I hope so considering the Titan is $400 more than the Fury X.

I agree. I'm hoping that this causes prices to drop $50-100 for the Ti. Probably a pipe dream, but it'd be nice for it to happen right before I pick a couple up.

12. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I would not be surprised. When Pascal comes they will just drop support for Maxwell just like they did with Kepler.

Also, prices in Europe are just insane. nVidia needs to something or they wont stay competitive. 550€ for 980? No thanks.

14. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    Not really current, although 290x superior to all kepler cards, which wasn't suppose to be, but nvidia playing dirty tricks with the Kepler downgrade issue.

I do hope amd scores wins with fury, cause those 300 series are just a fail, better buy 200 series with lower price.

15. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

16. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    I'm starting to notice that trend from NVidia, if they do that again a second generation running they are going to start losing a Lot of loyal customers who don't like such lag/drop in performance compared to AMDs old cards & getting their resale prices trashed.

17. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    8GB and 16GB HBM2 will be standard for 2016(/2017). 32GB on Tesla/Quadro.
    Those are the facts!

4GB card no matter how fast, is direct opposite of forward looking card. It just is. And this is un-spinable

Then again everything in sight will be demolished once 16nm, HBM2 and Pascal land, so perhaps 4GB is not such a big deal after all.

18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I dont know why are you so surprised. nVidia always doing this.

In Europe you could probably get Fury for the price of 980, not 980ti. I know what i'm goona choose. ;)

19. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I wanna get a fury x dude but no dvi-d port lol.. :D

20. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    haha oh **** that's just not funny -.-"

Win for AMD ^_^