AMD Radeon R9 360 370 380 Are All ReSpin products

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 7, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Wow they are really dragging out the 7xxx series, that'd be 4 years now.

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    People will still buy them since they are "newer".
    Really wish they would move forward, we should be able to run 4k at 60fps right now, instead of the constant milking.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Are they even really reducing in price with inflation factored in?

I'd like to see some charts showing launch price with inflation of these 3 same cards, the manufacturing costs much be going down surely? So they'd be turning a bigger profit.

Especially since you'd be able to get the "older" cards at a fraction of the price.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I'll just keep saving then xD

My 270 is ok for now..

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Yeah.... first, interesting that the cards can still keep up with today's environment (more or less), but second, that they're still making money off it :banana:

7. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SLI
    There is that group of people that will still buy it because it's "new" and they don't know any better because all they listen to are the guys at best buy, tiger direct, and other retailers. You know those guys that just tell you it's better because it says, "R9 3xx".

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Haha amd, all the hype all for nothing, same old story...zzZZzx

9. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    I know there's that group of people, but it's still beyond me... that can't bring huge amounts of market share, so I wonder if all of AMDs bets are on the 390X... whereas nvidia probably sells 960s, although I don't know to whom. :D

10. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    That 380 should beat 960 easily enough, so isn't it okay in that sense? If 380X manages to sit between 970 and 980, the 300 line would be quite competitive, I reckon, with AMD pricing. If 380X merely matches 970, things might get a bit hairy unless the price is excellent. Anybody buying below 380 isn't really looking for a gamer's card in any case.

That being said, I'm only interested in 380X and 390.

A friend of mine was considering one for his new computer, but after I laughed at his plans, he promptly switched to 970.

11. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX 1080
    With all the problems at 20nm and having to wait for 14/16nm this was expected, I mean even tho nvidia released something new its still only 28nm and the 290x still competes well for the money.

12. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    I guess he did the better thing if he wants to stay with nvidia, and game of course.

13. ApexiTT

ApexiTT Active Member

GPU:
    780ti Sli
    lol, I don't understand what the big deal is?? It lets the poor people buy high end products from the past..:p

14. Bansaku

Bansaku Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64
    My HD7950 3GB Boost in CFX are still kicking ass in games. Maxed settings with FXAA on most AAA games I am averaging 45fps+ with Eyefinity, and my system still ranks in the top 3% in Firestrike. With DX12 on the horizon and the implementation of pooled memory I suspect there is plenty of life left in them.

:banana:

15. Or, you can look at it from this perspective, why would anyone invest in design of the product that will preform on same level as the old product that can be re-branded?

If same chip is used for lower end product, that is also good news, that means there are just a few defect chips to begin with (that can be scaled down to lower end products).

It is smart choice, but for new improvements, such as lower power consumption (especially important for mobile markets), yes, it is time for new designs, but, maybe strategy is to not deliver small improvements in new designs by year, but huge improvements in longer time frame (again, probably good strategy).

16. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580X SE
    if you play sometime and at only 1080... then this GPU do the job pretty fine, even with lattest product (and i don't like A(ti)MD :) ) most people don't need more powerfull GPU...

considerating this it is logical to have rebranded GPU of 4 years ago (btw NVidia will (and have, like the red one) do the same, actual 740 is still Kepler.

more on topic, it make a nice line of GPU for medium level, and about the 79**, it might have been swap because of cooler that can't be standard compared to other GPU of the line, (remember the GPU is inclined by 45° and is lower too.)

17. lantian

lantian Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4gb
    the 380 is the same exact chip as 285 so no it will not beat the 960 easily enough, it will be 50/50 ,I for one am extremely disappointment they went this re brand route, guess they don't have enough money to develop more than one new core, this gen once again will have only high end improvements, the same chips for mid/low end, all i have to say:this release looks pathetic

18. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega56 8GB \ GT1030
    This is getting old...
    When it comes to rebranding, my originally 7850 might become the most "futureproof" card ever. Became an R9 265 all by itself and what next?

Can't wait to rename my profile again. :banana:

19. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    I agree to an extent, but the low amount of VRAM (2gb on some models) is really a draw back now with these larger games with high res textures.

They'd do good to cut out at least 2gb on the 7870 rebrands

20. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080TI Gaming editi
    i wonder if we get GTX 770 rebrand next, 770 still going strong.

Both nvidia and AMD should stop milking, we want 4k at least 60fps.