1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Radeon Picasso Surfaces, the Raven Ridge Successor?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX480 GTR 8GB
    If AMD delivers Picasso, maybe it's time to reconsider out HTPCs and maybe mobile gaming. Proven track of previous AMD releases show that they mean business, I wish them to maintain focus and deliver and get a bigger share in the mobile department. It could be such a game changer.
    Not saying that Raven Ridge doesn't meet our expectations, but somehow releasing only 2 models and motherboards without proper BIOS support kinda annoyed me, and not only

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  3. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    Not only that, driver support for APUs has been less than stellar, and the laptop "U series" has had serious power consumption issues. What a shame.

4. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    PS5 needs to launch in 2020 to make a difference. 2019 would be a disaster IMHO. Nobody needs a new console right now. Get a mature process in 2020.

The Pro will be just fine for another 2.5 years.

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -NDA +AW@240Hz
    As someone who build Raven Ridge systems and uses one, I can say that manufacturers had compatible BIOS ready at release day of APUs.
    Within 2 months all new boards already came with compatible BIOS. NO issues there.
    This is being misread. Column placement/text below those columns indicate other thing. It may be confusing for someone that APUs did not have initial 14nm release.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018