AMD Radeon Picasso Surfaces, the Raven Ridge Successor?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    If AMD delivers Picasso, maybe it's time to reconsider out HTPCs and maybe mobile gaming. Proven track of previous AMD releases show that they mean business, I wish them to maintain focus and deliver and get a bigger share in the mobile department. It could be such a game changer.
    Not saying that Raven Ridge doesn't meet our expectations, but somehow releasing only 2 models and motherboards without proper BIOS support kinda annoyed me, and not only

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  3. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    Not only that, driver support for APUs has been less than stellar, and the laptop "U series" has had serious power consumption issues. What a shame.

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    As someone who build Raven Ridge systems and uses one, I can say that manufacturers had compatible BIOS ready at release day of APUs.
    Within 2 months all new boards already came with compatible BIOS. NO issues there.
    This is being misread. Column placement/text below those columns indicate other thing. It may be confusing for someone that APUs did not have initial 14nm release.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018