AMD Radeon HD 7750 and 7770 review [Guru3D.com]

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Feb 15, 2012.

1. actionjksn

actionjksn Member

GPU:
    EVGA & BFG GTX 275 SLI
    No cigar

It's just not quite good enough. If they had just added a couple more compute units, or whatever the next higher amount that is necessary. I assume they [Compute Units] have to be added in even numbers? That would have probably been enough with this excellent architecture to make it a compelling choice. The 7750 should have been what the 7770 ended up being. But they will just end up lowering the price on this and making something to replace the 7770's spot. Like maybe a 7775 or 7780? I guess it also depends on what Nvidia does. I hope Nvidia has managed to deal with their power consumption issues. They better have, as well as AMD has done on this generation of GPU.

2. actionjksn

actionjksn Member

GPU:
    EVGA & BFG GTX 275 SLI
    128 bit

I don't think the 128 bit bus was really part of the problem with that fast GDDR5 memory. The low shader count on the other hand, well that is definitely a problem at this price point. People tend to want to upgrade to the newest generation to get significant performance boosts. That is not happening with only 10 compute units. 12+ compute units and they would have had a winner.

3. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    Quoted for great justice!

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    These are being marketed as Entry Level cards (according to Hilbert's article). If you have an HD5770, you would be stepping down from the mid-range market to the entry-level market. Yes, you'll see 5-50% performance gain depending on the game, but it's hardly worth it. If you want to buy a gaming card, look towards the HD7850 or higher.

^ I think that should be required reading before posting in this thread.....

5. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    20% higher performance from the reference clocked HD 7770 vs. the HD 5770.

+Lower power consumption...

I think the HD 7770 will be a great budget card...(later on)
    HD 6850 is on sale now...

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  6. AcceleratorX

AcceleratorX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti OC
    The new GTX 460 V2 is purportedly faster than the old by up to 10% and yet I've seen no benchmarks anywhere. If this card goes up against the new GTX 460 then there's a clear winner there......

(Of course, the 7770 still wins on power consumption)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  7. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    Horrible price point should be $120

8. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    I thnk F@H should be tested along with the other benchies then so we can see the difference between GCN and VLIW5 shaders then there will be no more questions about how it'll perform during F@H :nerd: