AMD Radeon HD 6750 1GB - Dual Monitors Question

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Ad Astra, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Ad Astra

Ad Astra New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6750 1GB
    I recently picked this card up assuming I would be able to run dual monitors off it using one DVI output and one HDMI output.

I did so, and it works, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get each output to look the same. Basically the coloration is different between the two. The DVI output looks a bit nicer - it seems brighter and sharper. It seems like I should at least be able to get the HDMI output to look like the DVI output, but I could easily be wrong.

So my question is, is it possible to make the displays look identical via some setting I overlooked? Or are HDMI and DVI outputs inherently different to the point where I won't ever get them to look right next to one another? (and hence need to buy a new video card...d'oh!)

2. trapper_87

trapper_87 Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS IceQ 7970
    Are the monitors the same? If they aren't then thats your issue right there. If they are the same you might need to dig into the actual monitor settings and compare them.

3. Ad Astra

Ad Astra New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6750 1GB
    Yeah, probably should have mentioned that they're the same - a pair of HP 2711x monitors.

In the Catalyst Control Center, I'm offered slightly different options for the two. The one with the DVI input shows only the set of resolutions it supports, while the HDMI one shows those along with a set of "HDTV" options - I'm using the 1080p setting beneath the "HDTV" options currently, and the resolution sizes seem to match correctly (the DVI monitor is set at 1920x1080). Still, the HDMI monitor's colors are a bit different regardless of which setting is selected.

I guess I could try tweaking the settings beneath the "Desktop Color" sub-option, but I doubt I'll ever get them to look the same. I was hoping there was something more basic I was overlooking.