AMD Radeon Crimson ReLive Edition 17.3.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by SpecChum, Mar 6, 2017.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    The OpenGL driver was definitely tweaked in this release. CEMU has much less artifacting, and much better performance. Try renaming the .exe of the games to avoid loading a profile, and see how they will run "vanilla".

2. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    I've got a boost to 1.9 million dc.
    Edit: dx11, ofc.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  3. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 8GB
    Still same bug. Have to toggle gpu scaling for EDID overrides and CRU to work.

It works with a small but annoying work around.

4. riot83

riot83 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Ventus
    Too bad these drivers to actually work with Ghost Recon Wildlands. My friend has a 390x, just bought him the game yesterday to play some coop. Since these are not WHQL drivers the games anticheat wont let you start up the game.
    http://support.easyanticheat.net/kb/launcher/dse/?lr=en-us

even after trying the suggested cmd commands the game wouldn't start, so he had to roll back to prev. drivers.

5. Last88

Last88 New Member

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G
    Hi, thanks to you and to other guys for the help.
    Well, i tried everything, even switching to different drivers, an nothing helped me to get proper performance.

If i try to edit .exe games, steam won’t launch the game (doesn’t recognize the proper .exe and ask for file check up).

I think this is the key to solve my problem, but i need to bypass steam check up on the game .exe, what can I do?

thanks again to everyone for the help!:)

6. vestibule

vestibule Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 Zotac mini
    Agreed: what a shower of ---- the id tech 5 engine is.

7. LIGuitar77

LIGuitar77 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7790 2GB OC
    They both play very well here. Just look at my specs. So we can probably assume something is wonky on your end. Or maybe you're being too particular. I dunno.

8. kandata94

kandata94 Active Member

GPU:
    R9 280X DirectCU II
    The renaming thing doesn't work anymore.
    I had several issues with wolfenstein TNO and i solved with windows 7 + catalyst 14.6 (i think there is something wrong with crimson), read here http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=412664.

In the meantime check:
    -if the clocks on your cards are ok ingame, because mine wasn't and i had to force max clocks with amd overdrive.
    -the texture cache directory. You need to create a folder named Wolfenstein The New Order in AppData\Local\MachineGames for the texture file.
    -try to shut down completely amd shader cache, because it create a file in the opengl cache folder related to the game and it can hurts the performance.
    -settings in game ppf max to 16 and vt cache size on high and remember that the first section is the worst in terms of performance

9. Spartan

Spartan Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5393965&postcount=45

id5Tweaker, but if you want the best performance, then win7 + some old fart driver and disable Vsync.

10. Last88

Last88 New Member

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G
    thanks guys, i tried everythin. folder in appdata, win7 x64, id5 tweaker tweaking vsync ing ame, on/off, in driver crimson, on/off, disable freesync, everything. clocks are normal clocks under p-state 7 (full load) on Polaris, so that’s not the problem.

I think the problem is crimson-related.

Only these 2 games i cannot fix, everything else runs properly on my rig, no problem in every other games.

I cant rollback to catalyst cause Polaris is a brand new architecture, born under Crimson era.

when i had the 390, games ran well on win 7 x64, but the 480 runs like sh*t on both 7 and 10.

11. bjoswald

bjoswald Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 550 4GB
    Not sure what I did wrong, but I've been having trouble with this set.

Did a clean install from non-WHQL 17.2.1, rebooted.
    Screen flickered a couple times before setting resolution.
    ATI tray icon consistently restarts itself (appears, disappears).
    "Wattman profiles were reset due to unspecified error", even though I haven't touched it in either set.

WTF?

Will try DDU I guess...

12. Seren

Seren Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    I did a hot install and so far, just testing CSGO, am not happy with the driver. It set GLOBAL frame target to 60 and it took me 7mins to realise it was that in the middle of a game...

They mention fixing stutter with chill enabled, I still get stutters but that's CSGO's ****ty sound system... I didn't notice any other stutters that weren't the result of sound channels being overloaded before 17.3.1.

13. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    Driver signatures are different than the drivers being WHQL. 17.3.1 are signed, just non WHQL. Whatever issue you have is not the anti cheat, and I would guess it's not the driver either.

14. nevernamed

nevernamed Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FTW3
    I did manage to OC my monitor using the built in custom resolution in relive.. I don't think the overrides are going to work anymore. I think this was on purpose

15. THEAST

THEAST Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7950 + HD7970 CF
    I also agree with you on this one; it is quite likely AMD would never fix the EDID override problem because they have probably "broken" it intentionally to prevent people from using 3rd-party apps.

16. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    Updated from inside Crimson Relive Panel, chose Clean install, no sign of Relive Panel after update!

Looks like another install, this time doing oldskool uninstall, DDU, install new drivers method (with suitable reboots).

17. ninja750

ninja750 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Pulse
    someone with 380 has tryed this release?

18. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    Someone already asked but no one replied: Is the color saturation back?

19. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Not so dude... I am running R9 390 with these drivers & I am enjoying wildlands with no problems running game at all...

Issue may be elsewhere...

Peace...

20. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Me, no problems so far.

Used DDU*.