AMD Radeon Crimson Edition 15.12 December 17

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by twtaylor, Dec 17, 2015.

1. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC

What TV are you using? I just got an LG recently and would be curious to try this out.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  2. Insomnia

Insomnia Guest

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver

Still no breakthrough. Any attempt to install AMD drivers leads to BSOD with THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Insomnia

Insomnia Guest

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    Post a link to that thread

Please post a link to the thread you said was similar. HWinfo Monitor is rightly detecting my card as 7970M, so is device manager as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. I am hoping this isn't a hardware issue. I faced no symptoms of hardware failure, no over heating, no burning smell etc.

4. Insomnia

Insomnia Guest

GPU:
    ATI 7970M

5. GeRmAnOs

GeRmAnOs Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6950XT
    I got problem with install manager,everything installs but install manager dont and i dont get cotext menu icon to enter crimson settings.Settings runs fine when i open with start menu shortcut but i got this-->> abload.de/image.php?img=beztytuu0jp6b.png

Cant post links yet ,sorry.

I dont install HDMI drivers cos i dont need them ,this could be the problem??

Product: AMD Install Manager -- Error 1723.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action SetInstallDir, entry: SetInstallDir, library: C:\Windows\Installer\MSIC48F.tmp

6. WeSbO

WeSbO Guest

GPU:
    Fury X stock
    Yep happended to me also, I only install the drivers and control pannel no acp no hdmi audio.
    What I did is used the AMD removal tool, then did a DDU in safe mode, then reinstalled, all is ok now. DDU doesn't take everything out.

7. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Thanks to share, i previously tried to set my TV at 1080p 120Hz.

As a 3D active TV it has possibilities to increase from 60Hz to 120Hz cause at least internally it can do it for shutter glasses (1080p+1080p SBS FULL 3D).

I will try again, last time the check was not even performed as custom res in drivers, no black screen, nothing.

:3eyes:

8. Insomnia

Insomnia Guest

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    How to delete these drivers + Step-wise Windows reinstall guide

@LIGuitar77 Thank you for your enduring support and precious time. Do I use the same method as you conveyed to me earlier? That is, adding .BAK to every file and then adding 4 to the start file in registry?

And eventually, please detail step-wise guideline of how to go about reinstalling windows without carrying over this headache to the fresh setup. Thank you!

9. Insomnia

Insomnia Guest

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    Email Address Request

@LiGuitar77: if it's okay with you please send me your email address so that I can forward you the sfc scan result log file

10. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    It seems this driver conflicted with Corsair Link at my end, so be cautious if you have it.

11. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Reinstalled Windows 10. I can now use apps with no profile. Still can't get R6 siege to use AFR or any custom profile though

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  12. dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy Guest

GPU:
    980Ti
    i have to report a bug, when i'm tryng to disable cross fire on a specific game, it still work the cf, it's only my problem?

13. Zweite93

Zweite93 Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X Core Edition
    "AMD install manager has stopped working."
    For f**k's sake AMD! What the f**k is wrong with you?!

14. Insomnia

Insomnia Guest

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    Wrecked my PC trying to get AMD DRIVERS to work on windows 10

First it were the BSODs with the thread_stuck_in_device_drivers. And now, after repeated attempts to rectify it, the system wouldn't even boot to windows. The new BSOD says BOOTABLE_DEVICE_INACCESSIBLE!!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

And this is what Dell support has to say in response to my plea for help:

Dell doesn't have enough resources to offer support for windows 10 for alienware M17xR4!!!

Are you kidding me???? One of the biggest computer manufacturer saying that it does not have the reaources to offer support for the latest Windows OS for Their elitist product, and even that for only one previous edition of the machine sold a couple of years ago.

SCREW DELL AND MICROSOFT!!!! I'm done with them! Never getting another alienware...

15. Zweite93

Zweite93 Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X Core Edition
    Oh and now I can't even install old 15.11.1 beta drivers, because "AMD install manager has stopped working".

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    this is not amd's problem.

17. Alph4Dawg

Alph4Dawg Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC
    So, is there any good reason to move from 15.11.1 to 15.12? I am asking because I'm not planning to move as games that I play work like a charm with 15.11.1 (Rainbow Six Siege and Battlefield 4).

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I don't think so, it's essentially the same driver with WHQL.

19. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    there are a couple of fixes to Radeon Settings itself, but other than that, the driver is just WHQL 15.11.1

20. A2Razor

A2Razor Guest

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    In this case supposedly the fanspeed 'bug' was fixed in 15.12 [according to some people on various forums] that existed in 15.11 & 15.11.1 Crimson (that's a pretty major issue). Yet on the otherhand there's been reports of cards failing under 15.12 (which may mean it's not actually fixed), so it's very hard to say. I'd personally suggest to just monitor fanspeeds with something like Afterburner and make your own judgement call on if you update.

--There's always the saying that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. If you're already monitoring your card and know that you're unaffected, then I'd just leave things be. 15.12 doesn't bring anything that game-changing in fixes or optimizations, and certainly nothing that effects your two games compared to the earlier Crimson releases.

EDIT: I guess the main point that I'm trying to make is to play it safe, despite that this was claimed fixed already.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015