AMD Radeon Crimson Edition 15.12 December 17

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by twtaylor, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Weekend

Weekend Member

GPU:
    R9 270X 2GB
    I have Global profile on 60 and cs go profile on 144, no problems. works ok.
    all games but cs go run on 60 fps.

2. LIGuitar77

LIGuitar77 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7790 2GB OC
    @Insomnia, you can post the latest crash dump so it can be verified that the EMSC driver is no longer active, amongst other things.

You can update the Synaptics touchpad driver from their site:

http://www.synaptics.com/en/drivers.php

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  3. A2Razor

A2Razor Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega FE Liquid
    Ah, that quick eh and that early in an installation before really getting to gaming. Hopefully you're under warranty (being a brand new card), if not I'm sorry that sure sucks. I'm sure that everyone here appreciates the warning as unfortunate as it is that your hardware broke though (or your friend's for that matter). Maybe because of reports like yours on 15.12, and the 15.11.1 Crimson reports, some people will catch it happening before it's too late.

It's hard to say with these things, you always hope that it's a fluke but then again.. Cards do cook pretty fast if the fans get shut off or don't kick up to proper speeds quickly. Card-killing driver bugs are something we shouldn't even be seeing (in terms of both quality-control and failsafes). You'd think (or hope) there would be both hardware and driver failsafes and other mechanisms inplace to kick in and prevent these types of things .... yet there seems to be reports on both the NVidia and AMD sides repeatedly of it through various drivers.

**Definitely going to second sammarbella's recommendation to use a tool such as Afterburner with a software manual fan-ramp as a precaution.

EDIT: On that note, ironically I've been using Afterburner's software fan-ramps on cards for years and years now. Probably would've ran in to things like this far more often if not for that habit.

GPU vbios controls seem far too relaxed in my opinion, and focus far too much on sound level over the safety and endurance of the hardware.

4. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I must admit that i didn't install the WHQL drivers. I'm stil using the 15.11.1 beta. Is it crimson that broke it for you or is it really the WHQL driver that messed everything up?

Everything is working fine with the 15.11.1 drivers. I can change the CrossFire profiles for each game just fine.

By the way, i'm not saying that you are talking nonesense. Something that is working for me, doesn't have to work for you.

5. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X

You are the first person running crimson drivers, I have ran into that can enable crossfire profiles for games that don't already have one, and actually have them work. Changing to custom profiles isn't the problem, having them actually change for real and work in game is the problem.

for instance here was the last post by someone over at overclock.net

6. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I seriously doubt AMD Q&A and error reporting have more real use than writing down drivers problems on toilet paper.

2 drivers ago, 3 if WHQLed one counts as "new" driver, AMD silently disabled Fallout 4 CFX profile and put the game title under "quality and performance optimizations" in release notes:

Now more than one month later the Fallout default profile is the same as disabled.

We all know Fallout 4 is a small indie title and not one of the biggest 2015 AAA games.

At least before they recommended to disable CFX, now they disable it silently and call it "improved".

:bang:

Maybe in 6 months they will magically found that AFR friendly mode works since day one and set it as default.

7. RexOmnipotentus

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I'm pretty sure that i enable AFR friendly mode for Fallout 4. I'm also sure that i could change the CrossFire profile for Anno 2205 and assasins creed syndicate. I also remember a game (i believe it was also ANNO 2205) that wasn't running in CrossFire mode, because i didnt check the box that says 'turn on CFX for apps without a profile'. After i enabled it, it did work.

Maybe i got lucky and i played games that didn't have any problems with the new crimson driver.

8. sekta

sekta Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    I don't experience any of the crossfire problems you described.

9. rafaelluik

rafaelluik Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 280
    Whoops! :)

10. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X

Are you guys on windows 10 pro? Are you disabling ULPS? Are you using trixx or afterburner? I am trying to nail this down.

11. z8373767

z8373767 Member Guru

GPU:
    Fury Nitro 1070/600
    I can disable my iGPU, but it's not officialy. I used MSI_Enabler to unlock more features for my BIOS. What about other laptops? HD 8750M + HD 8550G?
    AMD, pls.

12. Insomnia

Insomnia Member

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
  13. Insomnia

Insomnia Member

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    Synaptic Touchpad driver Update

I have had my touchpad disabled since the time I bought this machine since I prefer an external mouse. I doubt it could be the problem but will still try updating the drivers

14. Insomnia

Insomnia Member

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    Microsoft approved intel HD 4000 WHQL Drivers for Windows 10 required

Would really appreciate if someone could post a link to Intel HD 4000 WHQL Drivers for Windows 10. thank you.

15. RexOmnipotentus

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Windows 10 Pro; ULPS disabled;I'm using Afterburner to overclock my cards

16. Falcy

Falcy Member

GPU:
    1060 @2.1/4.8
    Here

17. Insomnia

Insomnia Member

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    BSODs all the way

@ LIGuitar77
    Have updated synaptic touchpad drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled intel HD 4000 drivers but still getting the same device_stuck_in_driver_error during AMD driver installation. Kindly, have a look at the latest dump files that I have posted and suggest a way forward. Thank you

18. Insomnia

Insomnia Member

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
  19. Berdugoo

Berdugoo Member Guru

GPU:
    INTEL 4000 w/ AMD 8750M
    amd crimson 15.12 core clock downclocking issue!!! anyone??? :bang::bang::bang:

20. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF
    OMG, just noticed that windows 10 has downloaded these drivers already, thank god I managed prevent them to install. Last time I had to re-install windows 10 because Crimson drivers messed up my old 7970's so badly.