AMD Radeon Crimson Edition 15.12 December 17

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by twtaylor, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Insomnia

Insomnia Member

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
  2. LIGuitar77

LIGuitar77 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7790 2GB OC
    This file is a Microsoft driver, and it is known to cause BSODs in the past. It certainly is not part of Windows 10 based on the date:

Code:
    6: kd> lmvm emsc
    start             end                 module name
    fffff800`ff5f0000 fffff800`ff5f9000   EMSC       (deferred)             
        Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\EMSC.SYS
        Image name: EMSC.SYS
        Timestamp:        Thu Jul 05 21:56:47 2012 (4FF645DF)
        CheckSum:         0000FD46
        ImageSize:        00009000
        Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    So rename that file to EMSC.SYS.BAK. Then type regedit in the Start screen and press Enter. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services to find the regkey with that name or similar. Double click it. Then on the right side, double click Start. Enter a value of 4. Click ok. Reboot. If video is not working well yet, use DDU in safe mode to remove Intel and AMD video drivers. Boot to normal Windows and install latest Leshcat video drivers: http://leshcatlabs.net/

Let me know how it goes. Might be one other thing to look at, but that is not too promising.

If needed still for now, uninstall old Cyberlink software and see if there is any luck.

Quickly, a supporting document of reference for the hell of it: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...le-in-my/8236b532-9f6a-4fc7-ad61-2be39b81103c

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  3. Insomnia

Insomnia Member

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    Thank you

Really appreciate your assistance. Will try this right away. One more thing: where to I find this file you want me to rename?

4. LIGuitar77

LIGuitar77 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7790 2GB OC
    \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\EMSC.SYS is the same as C:\Windows\System32\drivers\EMSC.SYS, so that.

One other thing after all, if needed to try, uninstall any cell phone software if present.

5. Insomnia

Insomnia Member

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    Uninstall both intel + AMD?

Wouldn't I lose my display if I uninstall both intel and AMD drivers through DDU? And should I use recovery media in the eventuality if even this doesn't work?

6. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    On next reboot in normal mode OS will load the same basic VGA driver it uses in safe mode because you have just unninstalled all GPU drivers.

Your display is not going anywhere by itself.

:D

7. Insomnia

Insomnia Member

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    Not Working, same BSOD at 50% driver installation

Thank you for the help. Still facing the same issue. Should I try recovery media?

8. FarEast

FarEast Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 780Ti Gaming
    beware of this driver..i just installed it on a friend pc with a brand new sapphire r9-280 and it died after 1 hour..getting pink artifact everywhere

9. Insomnia

Insomnia Member

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    Which intel Driver to install?

Which intel driver should I install? The one from the dell website says that my "computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements

10. A2Razor

A2Razor Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega FE Liquid
    I'd be curious if the fan-profile issues still exist in 15.12 to some degree. Not personally had an issue with my Fury-X on 15.12 yet, however I've also just been in Visual Studio alot over the last few days. I know, it's supposedly fixed ... but it's a thing where it's better safe than sorry and probably best to still monitor.

Did you happen to have any monitoring tools (with an OSD) open around the time that it died that may give an idea on what your temps were?

Beyond that, I've had several videocards in the past that just coincidentally died in their first week of use. They're analogy wise like lightbulbs and pretty hard to predict when they'll burn out.

11. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    If i was using an air cooled GPU (its own fans) i will not trust AMD drivers to control his temp based on last (and previous) drivers fan control problems.

Afterburner has a good fan control feature who allow to set a custom fan speed profile based on real time GPU temp monitoring.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  12. Insomnia

Insomnia Member

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    Still Stuck with the error guys!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Please help. BSOD with Thread Stuck In Device Driver error still not letting me install any AMD drivers. System crashing. Have tried everything proposed so far.

13. heroxoot

heroxoot Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Setting frame rate or Vsync still only functions in the global profile, not per game. Disappointing as hell. It is literally all I want to work.

14. rafaelluik

rafaelluik Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 280
    Disable the iGPU, easy.

15. FarEast

FarEast Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 780Ti Gaming
    no i didnt install any monitoring tools yet because i was updating windows at that time and then after restart artifact appears..

16. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    What if he's on a laptop with dual graphics?

17. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    These WHQL drivers are complete and utter junk for crossfire users. They are broken so bad and in such a fundamental way that I don't know how AMD can seriously put these out with a straight face.
    Profiles in games that worked before no longer work. You cannot set a custom profile. You cannot turn on crossfire globally. If you go to the legacy CCC setting for crossfire and change anything, you cannot hit apply. Just embarrassingly bad.

18. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    The fact that CFX and games profiles are broke is not so important.

These are "little" details compared to what we gain in this completely "new" drivers.

Now we finally have a brand new name for them and a fancy red animated themed background in the GUI settings and new marvellous social connectors possibilities to say "thanks" to AMD right from inside the GUI.

We should be happy for their gift!

:banana:

19. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I have no problem what so ever. CrossFire is still working like before and i can still change the CrossFire profiles.

20. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    So go to the extra tab, which takes you to the old ccc. Go to crossfire, check the box that says turn on CFX for apps without a profile. Hit apply...nothing...oh and in the Crimson under game you can indeed use a custom profile you are correct , however it doesn't really do anything it still won't use it.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015