AMD Radeon Crimson Edition 15.12 December 17

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by twtaylor, Dec 17, 2015.

1. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    Drivers have now been released, get 'em while they're hot:

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-software-crimson-15-12-driver-download.html

Release Notes

***8203;

***8203;Download Full Release Notes

This driver is not intended for use on AMD products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their manufacturer for driver support.
    When installing the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition.
    The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.

Resolved Issues:

[83112] Radeon Settings driver update check is not available for minor driver versions
    [83111] System has higher idle power usage on Windows® 7 when running with Radeon Settings
    [82050] Star Wars™: Battlefront - Snow flickers in a few locations in the game
    [82240] Star Wars™: Battlefront - Sky rendering may be broken in some game locations
    [82645] Fallout 4 - The compass may flicker during gameplay on AMD Radeon R9 390 series products. We continue to investigate the issue with AMD Radeon R9 290 and AMD Radeon R9 295X2 series products
    [82667] Star Wars™: Battlefront - Shadowy textures are visible around hills/structures/caves
    [81890] Just Cause 3 - Texture corruption may be experienced during gameplay
    [54874] Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 - Poor AMD Crossfire™ performance may be experienced
    [82338] The driver installation may fail while installing the ACP component
    [82426] The font size in Chinese language installations may be too small
    [82438] The label range values in some AMD Freesync™ installations may be incorrect
    [82536] The Radeon Settings dropbox does not close when it is clicked on a second time
    [82603] The AMD Overdrive™ fan settings is always set to ON after first edit on reboot
    [82586] Language shows up as Chinese Simplified when Chinese Traditional is selected in Windows® 7
    [82656] Radeon Settings crashes on the Display tab when cloning a display via HDMI on some notebooks
    [82671] Overdrive™ fan speed is reset to Manual on exiting from a 3D game or application
    [82766] Radeon Settings does not get upgraded in some install scenarios
    [82691] AMD Overdrive™ cannot revert to default settings in some situations

Known Issues:***8203;

[82789] Total War™ : Rome II : Choppy gameplay may be experienced
    [82788] Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 - Frame freezing during gameplay may be experienced
    [82794] Just Cause 3 - The system may hang when task switching on systems with AMD CPUs and GPUs
    [82775] Just Cause 3 - Flickering may be experienced during gameplay and on menu screens
    [82778] Anno 2205 - Water splatter may flicker during in Ultra high mode on 4K displays
    [82779] Fallout 4 - Gameplay may be choppy in AMD Freesync™ mode in Ultra mode at 1440p resolution
    [58978] Dirt Rally - A crash may be experienced starting a new race with AMD Crossfire™ and AMD Freesync™ enabled
    [59475] Elite: Dangerous - Poor performance may be experienced in SuperCruise mode under Windows® 10
    [78139] PowerDVD - 3D playback may fail on some configurations using an HDMI 2.0 dongle
    [79428] Starcraft 2: Flickering may be observed in the 'Episode 3' campaign
    [80251] Fable Legends: The DirectX® 12 benchmark may fail to launch on some configurations
    [80836] Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 - Flickering or poor performance may be experienced when running in AMD Crossfire™ mode
    [81402] Assassin's Creed Syndicate - A crash may be experienced when setting game to Ultra-High graphics mode
    [81403] Flickering may be observed on some Freesync monitors while playing Wolfenstein - The New Order and Battlefield™: Hardline with Vsync disabled
    [81448] A system restart may be experience when waking the system from sleep mode on some systems with Intel processors
    [81489] Unable to create 4x1 or 2.1 portrait mode SLS with 4K displays
    [81651] Star Wars™: Battlefront - texture corruption may be experienced if the game "Field of View" setting is > 100
    [81736] Call of Duty Online - the game may crash if the Printscreen key is pressed on a 4K monitor
    [81777] Launching a game from the Game Manager may launch on a single display after enabling and disabling AMD Crossfire™ in a 3x1 AMD Eyefinity™ setup
    [81809] A crash may be experienced if an HDMI™ display is a cloned display device on an HP Envy 15 notebook
    [81844] Unable to change resolution if a wireless display is the only connected display
    [81856] Marginally increased power consumption may be observed during video playback
    [81859] Flickering may be experienced on some monitors when AMD Freesync™ is enabled
    [81915] Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Building textures may be missing on some AMD Freesync™ displays with Vsync enabled
    [82083] Ark Survival Evolved - Poor performance may be experienced when running in AMD Crossfire™ mode
    [82093] Star Wars™ : Battlefront - Some flickering may be experienced in shaded areas of the screen while game levels are loading
    [82213] Star Wars™ : Battlefront - Some users may experience minor flickering or corruption at different game location or while viewing the in-game cinematics
    [82387] Assassin's Creed Syndicate - The game may crash if the Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay" is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay"

Installing The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition

For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition, please refer to the following support resources:

How-To Uninstall AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Drivers from a Windows® Based System
    How-To Install AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Drivers on a Windows® Based System

AMD Issue Reporting Form***8203;***8203;***8203;

This d***8203;river release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form. ***8203;

***8203; ***8203;
    ***8203;***8203;
    Optional Downloads
    Name File Size Revision Number Release Date Download Link
    AMD Chipset Drivers 42 MB Crimson Edition 15.12 12/17/2015
    *Download
    Description:
    Supports Windows 10/8.1/7 (64***8203;-bit)

Package Includes:
    AMD Chipset Drivers
    AMD AHCI Driver
    AMD USB 3.0 Driver
    ***8203; AMD SB9xx RAID Drivers
    AMD A-Series APU Chipset RAID Drivers
    AMD E-Series APU Chipset RAID Drivers***8203;***8203;***8203;
    AMD RAIDXpert Utility 230 MB Crimson Edition 15.12 12/17/2015
    *Download
    Description:
    The AMD RAIDXpert utility gives you complete control of your RAID arrays within a simple web browser based application. This tool allows you to monitor and manage your RAID arrays in the Microsoft Windows environment or via remote login to your system. For detailed instructions on how to use the AMD RAIDXpert utility, please refer to the associated user's guide.

Features
    ***8203;***8203;
    *By clicking the "Download" button, you are confirming that you have read and agree to be bound by the End User License Agreement. Your download will begin immediately after clicking on the "Download" button. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you do not have a license or permission to use and/or download the software.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015
  2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Hype! So, they are the same as the 15.11.1 ?

3. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
  4. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Now it's up for me.

Changelog/release note:

AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-15.12.aspx

This list is horrible.

It's april's fool today?

:puke2:

5. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    It's not offline for me. It's 308MB in size.

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yes, they are the 15.11.1 BETAs WHQL'd, with 2 new fixes added, which are :-

That Dirt Rally issue of crashing with Xfire and FreeSync must have been going a while, as i get that with the 15.9.1 BETAs. :p

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  7. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    I haven't had any issues with the Crimson Drivers so far but I don't really mess around with them. As long as everything works ok that's fine by me.

8. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Well at least the update function in drivers is able now to update drivers to fixed versions and not only to borked WHQL ones.

I guess the forced power saving functions in Crimson compensate by a large margin the higher power consumption of the settings GUI.

So we are still waiting for the re-fix, i mean the fix for the Crimson fix.

:D

9. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Two years from now "Elite: Dangerous - Poor performance may be experienced in SuperCruise mode" will still be an ongoing issue. Quite funny. Luckily I don't play that game.

10. Lordmau5

Lordmau5 Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 390X
    Yup, the 15.12 Crimson Installer comes with the same display driver that was in 15.11.1, unfortunately.

11. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    It will be fixed in the next driver 15.3.... something :)

as i read on the reddit recently (yesterday i think)

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Least i now know when Dirt Rally sometimes crashes for me, its a driver issue :p

13. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    15.3?

That will be funny.

They need to release a time machine for each customer to use updated March drivers.

15.13 is not an option aswell too bad luck and the year is a month short.

:D

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    So what is this, WHQL certified 15.11.1 betas? Meh, gonna install it anyway.

15. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Yes.

I hope there is something more to be released in December apart the already provided 15.11.1 Beta (Crimson fix) now "WHQL'ed" as 15.12.

This fix really need a fix with a shorter know issues list.

:bang:

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Pretty much what it looks like, I'm on Windows 10 and not 7 and I'm not using the Cnext / CCC's update function so I'll probably not upgrade as any unlisted changes are probably minimal at best and I doubt there's any profile tweaks, basically 15.11.1 WHQL.

Sadly the list of known issues likely affects the entire "Crimson" series in general and not just 15.11.1 / 15.12 but it's at least good that AMD has recognized these as issues and hopefully come 2016 (Ideally early 2016) they can focus on fixing up the Crimson drivers thoroughly and maybe bring back the missing features and such.
    (But it's probably going to take time so I won't expect any miracles from a January driver if there is one.)

17. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

These drivers are distinctly different to the 30 November hotfix Crimson driver. The file sizes are very noticeably different so there shouldn't really be an argument about whether these are newer or not :). Don't read into the version numbers too much, the same version number in AMD could belong to a different build.

18. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Something like this occured in the last (or previous?) drivers release.

The size difference was related to 32 bit drivers version integrated in the same exe or not if i remember correctly.

19. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    Same stupid bug of 15.11.1 , the clock locks to 500/1300 when touch the clocks .

20. Hana88

Hana88 Guest

GPU:
    Ati radeon 7970@ 1100/145
    it happens only if you touch memory clock