AMD Radeon Crimson 17.7.2 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jul 26, 2017.

1. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    I need to post my issues with this 17.7.2 Drivers.
    They are very bad.
    Installed fine, first start of bf1 it crashed the pc with little squers on screen, like wtf it never happend before, then i force-reboot the PC with freeze it with black screen after the uefi-post right in the time when windows loads,
    I enter the emergancy mode and delete this ****ty drivers, windows boots and I have revert to 17.7.1,
    I don't remember any problems like that for a long long time, if I remember right, the last one was the 14.X branch.

EDIT: I just notice that they re-release this drivers, I download them yesterday with the 26th in package name, but now on website there is 27th, I'm gonna give them a test.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  2. streetwolf

streetwolf Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    Doesn't work for me.

3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    well they dont have our ****ty systems, they test the drivers on their machines, and their machines are working great, without bloatware like ours.

Simple as that.

4. TUMIK

TUMIK Active Member

GPU:
    RX470

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I know it's hard to read people's emotions if you don't add a stupid smiley, but I was actually happy to get a reply, back when I wrote it, not that it matters.

6. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Unfortunately that guy is right, there are some games cursed with last driver, I wrote about that on page 3...

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    New one from 27Jul also don't work with TriXX 5.2 or 6.4/6.3

8. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    No. Just tried the july27 on 7870.

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    On moded BIOS Fury (with tMOD + HBM v MOD)
    This is only TriXX 5.2.1 MOD that is working OK with all drivers up to new one !

TriXX 6.3/6.4 not working for me :bang:

IMO they f.up something and thats all ;)
    Like in 17.2.1 EDID lolZ

Waiting for 17.8.x

-> Here my working TriXX (If you can't OC your GPU in any tool -> try this baby, Moded & HEX edited by me :nerd: )

https://mega.nz/#!Ac82AB7T!zsxYESeVStmCSvjFCoVJO8epkAeBbsWkk3baV7yTonc

10. miiksu

miiksu Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 Nano
    Yep. Skipping this one. Can't play with 300/500 clocks. Need my OC and powaH.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    You need to edit BIOS with PowaH 220/240/240 -> Will be better (almost X but it will eat only ~82-240tW like mine)

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Also:
    "With 17.7.2 AMD just ruined their next "new" ADL overclocking API, which they introduced with the very first version of Wattman. So any tool based on it like AB or WattTool stops working again. ADL2_OverdriveN_Capabilities_Get and ADL2_OverdriveN_SystemClocks_Get are no longer working at all, they are replaced with

ADL2_OverdriveN_CapabilitiesX2_Get and ADL2_OverdriveN_SystemClocksX2_Get. Updating third party tools could make it working, but... AMD still provides SDK just for old and currently killed overclocking API. I'm wondering again, if "backward compatibility" terms mean anything for AMD deverlopers?"

13. Dennisbest

Dennisbest Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7950
    The stuck clocks are fixed by uninstalling(not just disabling) MSI afterburner , for me at least. GCN 1 UVD bug not fixed of course.

14. miiksu

miiksu Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 Nano
    I can do @1153/500~650. Modded bios :banana: But OC'ing memory does not give me any performance boost. I still need OC software for higher voltage to maintain card stability.

15. Oxezz

Oxezz Member

GPU:
    R9 290 VaporX @1150
    Okey good news for W7 users.
    Finally a lot of problems that i had with the first W7x64 driver package seems to be resolved, as many users suggest in Reddit there was a problem with W7 driver package now its fixed for anyone still having issues download the lasted from driver amds page
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017

16. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
  17. inouext

inouext Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
  18. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    I am sorry, what part of my post is FUD again?

Why must I install CCCSlim from a Pre-ReLive build of driver and run CCC from it when ReLive as a whole should be an all in one solution for something as very basic as to be able to control features like Brightness, Contrast and Saturation?

And from your reply, it's obvious that you don't have the slightest clue on what I am talking about. Allow me to elaborate. AMD themselves have said in their slides for their newly revamped release that features like Brightness, Contrast and Saturation controls are only available for RX 400 & 500 series of cards.

[​IMG]

But people with much older cards have reported to have the option being available for them. So far this option on older cards seemed to have been a hit or miss but the fact that AMD went on to make something as basic like this "exclusive" to their latest iteration of cards makes you want to wonder what other potential features are we being locked out from in the older cards?

Before you became frequent/showed up on this forum, a time when R9 290/290X cards were AMD's Flagship, and AMD implemented Virtual Super Resolution aka VSR in response to nvidia's DSR (which has been available on their cards for ages) with the release of their AMD Catalyst Omega 14.12 set of drivers. However, VSR was only available for GCN 1.1 and 1.2 cards. Then a couple of us used modded drivers and made it available on even older cards, and made it support a much higher resolution than AMD officially did. When an AMD rep was asked to clarify their stance on VSR support on older cards, we got replies like the following:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To the point Hilbert himself had to clarify things:

[​IMG]

And thus, the Hardware Scaler reference for AMD locking out gimmicky features on older cards was born.

I am not even going to get into the whole drawcall bottleneck fiasco apart from saying that PrMinisterGR was trolled by some of the most loyal AMD fans on this forum for trying to prove a point. Eventually, we saw the truth unfold.

I don't think I even need to explain myself here. Older GCN cards don't adjust Power States as it should. This bug has now manifested on R9 200/300 series of cards now and then and now have carried itself over to The Fury cards. People who suggest that I should mod my BIOS and lock the frequency to my OC clocks still are affected from this bug that makes unnecessary power draw. But they're too big of an AMD fan to even care and tells me that I must STFU and accept sub par support for older cards like a Fury.

It's funny how you make claims that I sprew FUD when all you're doing is defending a company that has been piss poor at supporting their own products.

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Per-display adjustment is (somehow.) limited to the 400 and 500 Polaris models but the settings should exist for all AMD GPU models though it'll affect all connected monitors I'm guessing instead of being separated.

AMD did make a bit of a mess up with the initial July 26th drivers however which broke a few features on Windows 7 so the new drivers have a date of July 27th instead and ships with a recompiled driver which should correct this.

No idea if it has any improvements for Windows 10 though, being just a little bit newer I think it's just a quick release to fix that one problem.

AMD does seem to be a bit hit and miss with the 7000 series GPU's with their recent drivers though, it really needs to be fixed if they still claim to support these. (Things like the locked clock speeds too.)

EDIT: Should be under "Display" and then the first thing you should see is that there's settings for color depth now.

However these new color settings are separated off into their own section under "Color" found next to the "Specs" and "Identify" settings to the side of the display info.

I'm using display port though (1.1 from the monitor, GPU supports 1.2 I think.) so I can't say how it is for HDMI if that differs at all, DVI might differ too in what settings are available for users who are still using that. That is to say AMD might have missed something or how to call it though I would have expected both DP and HDMI to have been tested during the development of this driver and ideally a couple of different revisions of each too for newer and older displays.

20. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Before I pulled these drivers off of a machine equipped with a R9 390 at work that's hooked to two DELL 21" displays, I can confirm that Per Display Adjustment was available for both monitors.