AMD Radeon Crimson 16.1 Hotfix

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by d2kx, Jan 7, 2016.

1. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Well my low-end CPU says thanks to them.
    I can see that when i buy dying light i can actually put some view distance on it, without getting massively bottlenecked XD

I will becnhmark it too in a couple of hours and leave the results here too.
    Thanks.

2. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Total score a bit low for me, but graphics score increased a bit:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    I can confirm the graphics artefacting in Shadow of Mordor is also fixed (probably the same cause as FO4/GTA V issues)!

Now I can finally actually use this Crimson driver.

PS: 3DMark API overhead: DX 12 : 17+ M draw calls. First ever past 17 million score.

4. Spartakush

Spartakush Member

GPU:
    R9 290 @ 1150/1500
    Literally have no idea what these drivers have done to my CCC. None of my Catalyst Profiles are working at all, I usually use Morphological Filtering in games but after updating to these drivers it just doesn't work in any game. I'm also fairly sure that NONE of my catalyst settings are doing anything, including AA and the shader cache (no cache file is being created even when cache is on).

I've never had a problem like this before, and it's driving me nuts. Can anyone please tell me if their catalyst settings are still working on these drivers? (More specifically, MLAA), you can tell if MLAA is working because it blurs the fraps overlay a little bit.

Thanks! Really annoyed I'm getting problems with these drivers, seems like everyone else think's they're great :(

EDIT: I have already done many uninstalls with DDU (newest version) and tried reinstalling. Same result every single time, 15.11.1 drivers worked perfect.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016

5. Grabber

Grabber Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD 7850
    Why does the build-in updater in Crimson can't find 16.1 hotfix? Just like previous driver, I must go the AMD's website and download it from there.

Fix that issue.

6. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ti Trio
    This thang straight up broke my dual monitor setup, now only the secondary one works,
    Primary is black screen and if i unplug the secondary primary is still a black screen. gotta
    call gg on this one.

7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I saw this and was about the jump out of my seat and then realized I don't have a 290... Maybe it's just one way of AMD saying "fixed for all GPU's". I'll have to try it out.

8. SniperOEM

SniperOEM New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280 3gb
    I'm in the same boat.

9. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Why is HDMI connection not working after a boot up from shutdown? Since the first crimson driver and the problem has yet to be solved. And the ACU soft shadows + fxaa or no aa combination flicker issues still present since 15.7.

10. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ti Trio
    Or not.. i just had to run pixel clock patcher again :wanker:

11. Spartakush

Spartakush Member

GPU:
    R9 290 @ 1150/1500
    It seems the only way I can get settings to apply is by using the global profile, managed to get MLAA working in Witcher 3 this way. Really annoying though because I like to make a profile for every game. Looks like this driver just broke individual game profiles?

I have a modded 390x bios on my 290 so I did initially think that had something to do with it, but if you're getting it too then perhaps it is an actual driver issue. Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one getting this, I think I might roll back to 15.11 for now (again, lol). I wouldn't mind if it was just one or two settings not working, but it seems that now the only way I can use the shader cache is if I force it on globally for everything - not my ideal solution :(

12. boerenlater

boerenlater Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 610 silent
    same

13. Erizo

Erizo Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 3 GB
    I was so happy when I saw the word hotfix :( but still when I overclock and increase voltage I will get a black screen on reboot until the drivers are uninstalled in safe mode :/ Back to 15.1.1 unless anyone knows any fixes?

Edit: Erm thats not my GPU anymore, running an R9 290 Tri-X Vapor-X OC

14. leszy

leszy Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire V64 LC
    FireStrike 1.1
    With 15.1.1 GPU score 11331
    With 16.1 GPU score 12384
    Nice jump for me, with my old CPU.

edited:
    I am sorry , I mean 15.11.1 and 16.1

15. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    How do you overclock your card?

16. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Indeed 1000 points increase in a 6 month period, nice that the 290 still gets performance boosts. Great way to keep a GPU for a more long time.

17. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    I have a similar setup and I never had such issues.

I'm using MSI AB for OCing my card.

18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    Thats about right. When i got this card i was little over 8k and now im at 9.5k graphics score in firestrike. Way to go AMD. This is how you keep your cards updated.

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    Going though the profile atiapfxx.blb file with these drivers and comparing against the 15.12 dump these seem to be new:

There's profiles added for Just Cause 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Ashes of the Singularity, Battle Born and Portal 2 under OpenGL (For Linux?)
    (Some like Just Cause 3 have the <use Area="PXDynamic">HighPerfGPUAffinity</use> attribute which I assume forces full 3D clock speeds consistently for performance reasons.)

Crossfire flag changes in Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight, Assassin's Creed Syndicate and Call of Duty Black Ops 3
    (No idea what these flag "bits" even mean so I can't say what's been changed but hopefully performance has either increased or stability has improved.)

Also Crossfire profile tweaks to some MS Windows apps like Edge.
    (Probably disables Crossfire in those or so I assume at least.)

EDIT: From a elevated cmd prompt (Such as right clicking on the start menu and selecting the admin version of the command prompt in the list there.) you just use atiapfxx.exe as so: "atiapfxx.exe -r -sys -s test.xml" and it'll dump test.xml under the Windows SysWOW64 folder which if you did the same with the previous installed driver you could use something like Winmerge to compare both files and see what was changed. :)
    (I do not have the skill to check the actual .dll driver files for their profile changes however so I can't tell what those might contain, usually profiles exist first in the .dll code and then in the atiapfxx.blb file so it's possible to discover some new findings if you have the knowledge to work with said .dll files.)

20. billydydcoen

billydydcoen Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060 OC TUF
    With this driver it's still needed to check the vsr option at each reboot?