1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Radeon Crimson 16.1 Hotfix

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by d2kx, Jan 7, 2016.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    I think i found a ''bug'' on these drivers 16.1 Hotfix on my R9 380 4G,
    When i watch movies on MPC-HC suddenly freezing for 1-2 sec's and continues,
    i didint have this problem previously.

anyone else?

--MPC-HC 1.7.10.56

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  2. Weekend

Weekend Member

GPU:
    R9 270X 2GB
    k-lite codec pack 11.7.5 standard no problems. at least on 1080p.

3. streetwolf

streetwolf Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    I'm running Firefox Nightly 64 bit and all Flash content is crashing on me. I narrowed down the problem to HWA set enabled in the Flash settings. The crashes only happen with the beta versions of Flash 20. The latest one is 285.

I really don't know if it's Crimson 16.1, Flash, or Firefox. The stable version of Flash 20 267 works fine.

Anyone come across this problem or perhaps can test it out? It might not be just a Nightly issue.

4. LIGuitar77

LIGuitar77 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7790 2GB OC
    Been using Flash betas here forever, religiously. As of last few months, I cannot stress enough to stay away. Terrible. Absolute junk to the extreme. Standard releases have remained ok.

5. streetwolf

streetwolf Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    I tracked the problem down. If interested here's the bug report:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1240220

6. BugMeister

BugMeister Member Guru

GPU:
    2x RX480 NITRO+OC(8G)
    - I tend to agree, AMD have enough problems with the actual driver itself..
    - especially with regard to basic crossfire functionality..

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  7. kurtferro

kurtferro Member Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    I have bug in video setting, if i set custom brightness after PC restart it go to 100% and all video are black, i can use only default profile.

8. heroxoot

heroxoot Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    I think as long as Crimson has been around I have had troubles with netflix in Firefox browser. It chugs hard and causes my whole pc to move slow when playing. No issue in Chrome, but I dislike chrome because I can't have space bar set to my mouse to continue playing.

9. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vapor-X R9 270X
    So, i was trying some other AMD gpu in my PC (R9 270x) and had to uninstall 16.1 with DDU, and after I did everything, i uninstalled drivers again, put my GPU in the case, installed drivers, but Radeon Settings won't show when i right click or not in the down there, near the clock. I tried uninstalling it with ddu again (multiple times), but still the same thing. Radeon Settings can be opened, but it won't show in mentioned places, as it was there before. Any idea on how to fix this?

10. LIGuitar77

LIGuitar77 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7790 2GB OC

11. Weekend

Weekend Member

GPU:
    R9 270X 2GB
    same happened to me. tried ddu, amd uninstall program (with the green amd icon) no luck.
    got it working by uninstalling through windows "uninstall or change a program"
    if it's not showing on windows uninstall, try that fail install again and then uninstall through windows.

12. mjorgenson

mjorgenson Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW-RX 480
    I still have issues with black textures in GTA V......all textures turn black except the sky. Had to roll back to 15.11. Never had this issue before Crimson.

Here is an example.

[​IMG]

13. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vapor-X R9 270X
    Ok, thanks bro. :) I will try it, and will let you know in few minutes if it work.

14. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 380 4GB
    For last few days gta 5 is the only game i play and i have totally no visual glitches in it.
    Windows 10, r9 380 4GB and crimson 16.1.

Have you tried game's files verification? It looks like missing some files or corrupted game's archive.

15. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vapor-X R9 270X
    @Weekend, it works mannnnn... Tnx you so much. Did I ever tell you you're awesome? 'Cuz you ****ing are! :) :)

16. Weekend

Weekend Member

GPU:
    R9 270X 2GB
    same problems, same solutions. most of the times at least! xD

so, I had this problem in first day of my crimson. back then I didn't updated ddu (or it wasn't updated to cover crimson).
    I don't know which ddu version did u use but if it's the last version, you better let them know of the flaw.

17. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    I dont recall seeing this problem with the latest version of DDU. Can someone else confirm?

18. AHPD

AHPD Active Member

GPU:
    R9 Fury Tri-X @4096SP
    I have been swapping between a Toxic R280X and Tri-X R9 Fury. Swapping between them does leave leftovers from the previous device, though the driver is exactly the same (All GCN's use the same driver).

DDU is working as intended. My OS is Windows 10 Pro x64 10586.63.

19. heroxoot

heroxoot Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    yay frame rate control works per game now. But Settings still doesn't auto start in the notification area of windows until I right click the desktop and click on it. Oh well. This still makes VSR not on when it starts up the PC.

20. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Dunno if this has been asked, but since upgrading to crimson 16.1 hotfix every opengl game crashes.

Is there a fix or i need to roll back? Should 15.1.1 or 15.2 be fine?