AMD Radeon Catalyst 16.8.2 HOTFIX 16.30.2511.1001 (12/08/16) Download

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by CPC_RedDawn, Aug 12, 2016.

1. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Not for me! I'm still hving issues with anniversary edition. I've tried modding my 280X bios to include UEFI, tried it with secure boot disabled, tried it with other OS selected under the secure boot options. It still bluescreens/freezes or crashes randomly. The same system has a hard drive with 8.1 installed in legacy mode and has had no such issues for the past year and continues to function. I can run for sometimes 0 seconds, or 30 minutes idling, or opening chrome crashes it, or opening GPU-Z 1.10 freezes the entire machine, etc. :bang:

I'm at a complete loss here. Windows is up to date, the drivers are DDU cleaned and all other system drivers are up to date, the UEFI on the motherboard is up to date. All stress tests pass flawlessly. WTF is the issue!!!? :bang:

If I had the money I'd buy a 1080 and put my current 970 in that machine. So sick of this bullsh'it.

(The install was from MSDN ISO and is fresh, not an upgrade. It's a week old now which is how long I've been delayed by this).

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    The ISSUE is New Windows 10 !!!!
    This issues continue to happening after the April/May update and its not FIXED till now !!!!

It's great OS but still needs some Magic Touch. Now im Happy that everything is OK on my Side (Tweaked it Heavily and its Fast and stable)
    But after the Redstone i can't log in into my MS account anymore, and Forza Apex cant log in into xBox Account ! But xBox App working well :bang:

Ahh

Not every issue is Driver related ! Most of them now is Windows 10 related !

3. s0x

s0x Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8G
    Went back to 16.7.3 (somehow API Overhead test isn't crashing anymore) and DX11 ST seems to be back to normal.

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/aot/160668/aot/160589
    Left 16.7.3 - Right 16.8.2

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Worked perfectly fine here on 14393.67, and on 14901.

5. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Every single driver is layered, with the core layer being motherboard (chipset) drivers. On my system, I have issues running any 14.x+ or later RSTe driver on my X58 RAID. (Probably related to the firmware installed on the mobo) I also had a memory leak due to Win10 installing an archaic SM Bus driver. This would crash/hang my system after about a half hour, even if just idling.

My solution was to get the latest Intel Chipset package, and running it with "-overall" switch to force update all components. Same install suddenly became super stable. Since you have a fresh install, I bet you didn't do this, assuming Win10 installed the best chipset config for you.

6. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    thats only useful if Intel changes the name of the devices.

Mostly, it just re-installs the same infs again.

7. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Actually, I did. That's one of the first things I do. I'm well aware of the preference Windows has for outdated SMBus drivers. Glad I'm not the only one!

I use Snappy Driver Installer to help me get all the drivers. I'm going to reinstall again with 14393.67 but this time just use CSM legacy mode and forget about ever having a pure UEFI or even CSM UEFI system.... :'( I'll reflash back to the stock 280X G1 bios that doesn't have UEFI enabled (but is present) and just suck it up until I can get a 970 G1 in there.

The BSODs come from the AMD kernal though. The 8.1 install I have on the same hardware has all the same drivers. Is secure boot actually useful to anyone anyway? I've had nothing but trouble with it.

8. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    Secure boot is basically a bootloader securing mechanism.

9. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Um no. I can assure you 100 percent that any such perceived 'archaeic' SM BUS driver will make absolutely zero difference to how the system run. Ignore the date listed in the device manager for Microsoft installed devices, they will all be dated around 21 June, 2006.

When you use the -overall switch with the Intel driver setup, all it does is change the name of the device and the date, the rest of the files refer back to the very same Windows machine.inf that comes with Windows. Even for device ID's that weren't out when that version of Windows comes out (causing a yellow bang in device manager), all it does it match the Device ID with the appropriate machine.inf listing. This is actually the main purpose of the installer.

The only reason why Intel allow for the 'complete' driver installer is to give people the warm happy illusion of seeing a later date in device manager. Any perceived 'better performance or stability' etc after an such installation of these null device drivers is either psychological or symptoms that your install is somehow bung.

Here is an excerpt from an Intel chipet 'driver' that covers SMBUS. All the inf's follow the same format.

I highlighted the lines relating to the SMBUS controller. Even for things under Needs=PCI_DRV.HW, which does utilise a driver file, it just links to the one that is already in machine.inf anyway. If it is installed, it is installed, the only difference with installing it is just the name in device manager. This name is non-functional (display only), and the date and version also are non-functional apart from allowing or blocking installation of 'later' drivers.

Now, to the Windows driver side of things. First of all, the date descriptor at the top of machine.inf is like the following:
    DriverVer=06/21/2006,10.0.14901.1000

(Redstone 2 insider first release, they still list 21 June 2006).

Now, further down in the machine.inf file:

So the Intel driver points to the null driver. Even if it pointed to a point that actually did something, if the device is already installed by Windows it points to the exact same information, so the only difference is the label in device manager.

The sole purpose of the Intel drivers is for Windows to properly recognise device ID's that aren't included in the OS (such as newer device ID's). Anything beyond that is so people can think Intel is better because of 'updated' drivers.

The HECI, AHCI, USB (on Windows 7) drivers etc however are real drivers, with real payload.

It's almost as far as to say that it is 'impossible' for any of these Intel inf's to actually make a difference on a system where the devices are already properly recognised. If there is such a situation where there is a difference that isn't psychological, then sorry to say there is something wrong with your system configuration. If this is such a case, it would probably be better to reinitialise all devices. This can be done by deleting 'PCI Express Root Complex' and restarting, if it allows you to do so... (that is from memory, but not recommended!).

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    It's there to prevent execution of undesirable code during boot sequence. Therefore if ti is enabled, it will not allow loading of another OS from flash disk.

Apparently that's good for local access control, but unless one has password on BIOS too, then it has no meaning for that purpose anyway.
    People who buy some 2-in-1/tablet/netbook devices are often cut off access to linux due to secure boot being enabled and not accessible from BIOS at all.

11. nilo

nilo Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS HD7970 IceQ2 CFX
    Still bombing!!!

[​IMG]

12. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    That's true. There are ways around it that don't disable it, but nothing automatic as of yet.

13. jasoncowboy

jasoncowboy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390
    Looking for help installing this driver :D. When I installed the driver package it went just fine but after finishing installing the driver my screen just went poop black but the pc, mouse and keyboard still responding as in working normally (i still even hear the music and stuff). It just stay pitch black like that until i reboot then i thought it would go away but after the windows boot into the login screen, it just went black as well. Anyone knowing the issue can help this poor soul out? Thank you!

14. s0x

s0x Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8G
    @jasoncowboy, try removing it completely with DDU and installing it after.

15. Turanis

Turanis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Don't forget to disable AV and disconect network cable from your computer.
    You should try to delete all temp files from c:\users\your name\AppData\Local\Temp.
    Also you should try a clean up with Ccleaner (from filehippo or else).

16. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    none of that is really necessary.

just DDU into safe mode.

17. TonyTurbo

TonyTurbo Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 @ 1750/1180
    Still getting this annoying flicker on desktop with Freesync, even though the released notes say the issues is fixed. It's clearly not as plenty of people still reporting it. As soon as you play a game, once you exit back to desktop or alt+tab that's when the flicker starts. Only way to then get rid of it is to disabled and re-enable Freesync or change the monitor refresh rate.

This has gotta be fixed soon, its incredibly annoying.

18. Deyo238

Deyo238 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire TriX R9 280X
    Don't know why, but I have massive stuttering with this and all 16.8.x. drivers in Unreal Tournament, Assetto Corsa (UT stutters immediately, AC after a few laps laps driven, until that everything is normal). If I rollback back to 16.7.3. everything works perfect.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Idk, i'll be trying UT tommorow just to test this.

20. Starks

Starks Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI AGP 6600GT VIVO
    I'm having bad luck with this driver and others on Windows 10 rs2 builds.

Getting kernel panics and hard freezes during driver installs.

Can't boot to Windows afterwards.

Have to DDU the drivers in safe mode before I can boot normally again.

I just want to use my 7730M ffs.