AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.7.2 drivers: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Member Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    crash after crash with this driver. 5700 XT. Rolled back to 20.4.1 with minor black screen bugs that can be fixed with windows, ctrl, shift and B

2. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 6800XT
    Like many said countless times --- check your OC and the whole system's stability. See Undying's posts last page as an example. What was a "stable OC" with 20.5.1 and earlier needs to be re-checked for stability.... kinda for me obvious with every driver release... but I come from a black-screen plagued since 2020-branch world... so I might be just extra sensitive and careful..... But since 20.5.1 wsl (and newer) all is stable, fine and dandy even in most hardcore scenarios.

3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    WHQL tends to have similar OC, Betas not so much.
    Taken from my own experience. Im still on 20.5.1 WHQL (Very good driver BTW).

HD64G likes this.
  4. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 6800XT
    Won't argue with you my friend... but ... let's say -- starting with the WSL branch that is (you know the background and my countless tests with VEGA64 and Black Screen ) :p

HD64G and OnnA like this.

5. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Member Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    I don't have any overclocks. there is a switch on the card (Red Devil) for dual bios. that does OC, or puts it in silent mode. Would a feature like that cause the issues?

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Have you ever tried lowering the voltage of the upper state?

Something I found with my card was the default voltage asus set for the card makes it crash under load, so I lowered it's upper state voltage of 1150mV to 1132mV, I realize your card is much newer than mine and will probably have different voltages.

I'm just using the radeon software to lower the voltage, it's easy enough to use *shrugs* something for you to try.

HD64G likes this.
  7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    No more Black screens for You bro, that's what's matters most :D

PrEzi likes this.
  8. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    I agree, on the other hand Polaris looks very dated now. In 2017/18 I tested several Polaris models and settled with the XFX RX 580 8 GB for a year. But for 1080p gaming with maximum details on a high refresh Freesync monitor it quickly reached its limits (it is still fine if 1080p at 60 Hz is all you need). I snapped my Vega 56 around the same price point last year and it certainly provides the performance I need. But I had my fair share of issues with several models there, too - it is certainly the chip I had the most fun and trouble with in my life. :)

9. itpro

itpro Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    27.20.1028.6 from Windows Insider Dev Channel. Dated as 17-Jul-20 and available by today.

HD64G and OnnA like this.
  10. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    20.8.1 Next week probably - Horizon Zero Dawn.

Undying, OnnA, Krteq and 1 other person like this.

11. itpro

itpro Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    Hey guys, I need some help here. Do you know anything about radeon color settings? Are they global, used for all applications? HDR of windows 10 is dull and washed out when you watch SDR content. Only with HDR content colors pop up. But I found the solution with the help of radeon software. Contrast, brightness, saturation. Also 6300K is the best real white, D63 is superior to D65 (6500K). Thanks for any input provided.

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Pretty certain those display settings are global and works with the monitors info and if available also it's actual calibration if done through hardware colorimiter or how it's called. (The really handy but incredibly expensive little device. :p )
    Although I don't think I ever attempted to set these on a per-profile basis so maybe these actually do work as both. :)

If you for some reason would prefer changing some of the display settings although since that page covers overrides like the refresh rate and scaling modes plus VSR I would expect global only unless some of the more advanced settings are hidden when handled from a game/app profile.

13. HD64G

HD64G Member

GPU:
    SapphirePulseRX5700
    Indeed, the settings of radeon settings for display color is applied to all.

14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    GPU Scaling - Integer Scaling - when and why we are using those settings?

15. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    old games that dont scale well .. like 4:3 resolutions ect

LocoDiceGR likes this.

16. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 6800XT
    Actually Integer Scaling is used in old games, but actually has to do with the difference between normal scaling --- resizing the pixels and blurring them, or preserving the "8-bit-ish" look and just adding more pixels (preserving the pixelated but sharp look).
    Here's an example :
    https://www.amd.com/system/files/2019-12/317800-integer-scaling-example-1920px.jpg

Pyrage, OnnA, HD64G and 2 others like this.
  17. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    Yep. And it really depends on the game, some games just didn't age well and will look like crap no matter what, but some of them still look great and Integer Scaling just brings them to a whole new level. Like a "Gaming in the 90-00's but with a 50k dollar setup" feel.

Passus likes this.
  18. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 560 w8 4 Vega 56
    itpro and PrEzi like this.
  19. itpro

itpro Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    I know. But until amd gives new driver, I am forced to use this as usual with fast ring, we have no choice. WU sees only driver package.

20. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    you can still install any drivers with DDU plus disconnected network

itpro likes this.