AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.7.2 drivers: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Download the all-new Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.7.2. This release supports Death Stranding, F1 2020 and Hyper Scape open beta. This release also has fixes following up from the previous...

Download: Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.7.2 drivers

Support For
    • Death Stranding
      • With the high preset on the Radeon™ RX 5700 XT, achieve up to 8% better performance playing Death Stranding with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 edition 20.7.2 than with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.5.1. RS-337
    • F1 2020
      • With the ultra-high preset on the Radeon RX 5700 XT, achieve up to 5% better performance playing F1® 2020 with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 edition 20.7.2 than with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.7.1 Hyper Scape Open Beta. RS-336
    • Hyper Scape™ Open Beta
    Fixed Issues
    • Launching VR applications using the Oculus Rift™ headset may cause corruption or a system hang on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
    • AMD Bug Report Tool may fail to load the available application lists and does not time out when failing to load.
    • Previews for video content on Netflix® using Microsoft® Edge browser may fail to load or appear black.
    • Wallpaper Engine or system folders may sometimes be detected as a game by Radeon Settings game manager.
    • Valorant™ fails to launch from Radeon Software Home screen or Gaming tab.
    • Hyper Scape™ may experience an intermittent game crash or hang on Windows®7 system configurations.
    Known Issues
    • Brightness flickering may be experienced on some VP9 video content playback through applications or web browsers on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics product system configurations.
    • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
    • Performance Metrics Overlay and the Performance Tuning tab incorrectly report higher than expected idle clock speeds on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products. Performance and power consumption are not impacted by this incorrect reporting.
    • With HDR enabled, Windows® desktop may experience flickering, and performing a task switch while in a game may cause colors to become washed out or over saturated.
    • Audio may experience instability when connected through an Audio Video Receiver via HDMI® on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products
    • YouTube playback may become frozen with Microsoft® Edge player and Chrome™ when played on an extended display on some AMD Ryzen™ 7 3000 series and AMD Ryzen™ 4000 series APU system configurations.
    • Modifying the HDMI Scaling slider may cause FPS to become locked to 30.
    • AMD is investigating isolated reports of intermittent system hangs while exiting system sleep on some AMD Ryzen™ 3000 Series Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Graphics.
    • Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
    • AMD will continue to monitor and investigate any new reports of black screen or system hang issues during extended periods of gameplay closely. Users are encouraged to use the new Bug Reporting Tool for any issues they may encounter.
    Footnotes
    • RS-336 - Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of July 13, 2020 using a test system comprising of Intel Core i9-9900K CPU (3.6GHz), 16GB DDR4-3200MHz memory, the Radeon™ RX 5700 XT graphics card and Windows 10 x64 with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.7.2, and 20.7.1. Playing F1® 2020 at the ultra-high preset on 2560x1440 using the Radeon™ RX 5700 XT, with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.7.2 scored 128.6 FPS while 20.7.1 scored 122.7 FPS, showing a 5% uplift driver over driver. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. Performance may vary.
    • RS-337 - Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of July 13, 2020 using a test system comprising of Intel Core i9-9900K CPU (3.6GHz), 16GB DDR4-3200MHz memory, the Radeon™ RX 5700 XT graphics card and Windows 10 x64 with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.7.2, and 20.5.1. Playing Death Stranding at the high preset on 2560x1440 using the Radeon™ RX 5700 XT, with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.7.2 scored 101.1 FPS while 20.5.1 scored 94.0 FPS, showing an 8% uplift driver over driver. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. Performance may vary.
    Package Contents
    The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.7.2 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.7.2 Driver Version 20.20.01.09 (Windows Driver Store Version 27.20.2001.9003).

Jackalito, Embra, srdjan1995 and 6 others like this.
  2. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Member Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    Why they still use 9900K for gaming?

Are they just saying "hehe, for gaming use amd gpu and Intel cpu"?

Honestly I can see why they would advertise a 3950X with 2080Ti, but can't see the reason why to test the amd gpu with the competition cpu... :/

3. P.O.N.

P.O.N. Member

GPU:
    AMD Vega 64
    At least the bug in bug report is fixed. You never know when you gonna need it with a Vega64 card.

Caenyss likes this.
  4. BlitzTown

BlitzTown Active Member

nope

Attached Files:

• xt.PNG
      xt.PNG
      File size:
      28.3 KB
      Views:

5. Oversemper

Oversemper Member

GPU:
    Radeon 7
    Coz this is done not by a marketing department but actual drivers' developers who realize that ryzen may bottleneck some games, so 9900 makes drivers improvements more prominent. Ain't nothing to be ashamed of, when you are an honest guy.

6. panogr

panogr Member

GPU:
    MSI 5700XT Gaming X
    maybe they want to check how gpu is working when the cpu is a bottleneck ;)

7. BlitzTown

BlitzTown Active Member

is the 9900k not a good cpu?

8. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Optics...AMD should include their own CPUs in these tests. It's just that simple.
    IMO this is an oversight on their part that should be rectified moving forward.
    As it's clear it's not about what cpu is faster. It's showing solidity by standing behind your own products.
    Notice I said included not remove 9900K results. As I find it hard to believe they didn't already test their own CPUs. They aren't releasing those results.

D1stRU3T0R likes this.
  9. itpro

itpro Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    Tomorrow I'll be receiving my Samsung G7 monitor. What is the current situation with HDR and Windows 10? Is anyone able to tell me how things faring with that latest 20.7.2 driver here?

10. mentor07825

mentor07825 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 5700XT
    Evening itpro, I just did a warranty on my Samsung C27HG70 of two years and replaced it with an LG 27GL83A yesterday. From personal experience HDR in a Windows 10 environment is still in its infancy in terms of support. Some games can and do look worse with it on, such as Monster Hunter: World. I also did not get a lot of luck with HDR content through PLEX.

It definitely provides a taste as to what is to come, but going on personal experience I would not buy a panel for HDR media consumption. Maybe as part of a workstation money making set up, but that would require expensive panels for that line of work, I would presume.

Still, that’s a nice monitor you bought and a definite step up from most TN panels.

itpro likes this.

11. itpro

itpro Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    Thanks for answering @mentor07825 . Well I have an outstanding IPS LG ultra-wide monitor, three years still kicking with superb clarity for programming and editing, with zero dead pixels, zero backlight bleeding and zero IPS glow. Just the usual grey blacks. I am anxious and stressed. I hope my qled va will not freak me out. Windows 10 and AMD is a high quality combo until now. I pray that enabling HDR will not destroy my experience.

HDR should be enabled globally? Youtube and apps are able to identify it? Or games only?

12. pakoo

pakoo Member Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT
    Gpu scheduling support for 5700 xt?. Thanks

13. BoobZ

BoobZ Active Member

GPU:
    XFX r9 290 DD
    Nope...

14. mentor07825

mentor07825 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 5700XT
    Games only. I never could get YouTube HDR content working correctly but you may have better luck than I. As for how to enable it, depends on the games. Windows 10 Store games like Forza I had to enable HDR in the OS first before starting the game, whereas Assassins Creed: Odyssey just enabled it immediately within the game options menu. I also couldn't get Plex HDR content transcoded correctly, so all the colours were washed out no matter what I did, but when viewing on an OLED television through an app it was perfect.

I get what you mean by the blacks but I'm okay with it. Still, when HDR works correctly it's pretty cool. I remember booting up No Man's Sky for the first time, and in HDR, and the white just burned my eyes! My friend also screamed at me that her eyes were burning as well! It was pretty funny.

Overall, good panel and an interesting experience. You'll enjoy tinkering around with it and see what works best for you!

itpro likes this.
  15. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Awesome!

GamerNerves likes this.

16. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    When you measure GPU performance, you want to eliminate any external bottlenecks. If you care about every last frame you can squeeze in, the 9900K is better than AMD's AM4 offerings.

17. Lipici

Lipici Member

GPU:
    Waiting fix for
    Brightness flickering may be experienced on some VP9 video content playback through applications or web browsers on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics product system configurations

I installed uplay for watch dogs 2 and its manifest continously.

18. Gorez

Gorez New Member

GPU:
    ГПУ 3.60HGs 8 ГБ
    When updating the driver, the eFootball PES 2020 stopped working with my Radeon RX 5000XT. Rollback to version
    20.5.1 is everything normal?

19. Pictus

Pictus Active Member

GPU:
    RX 5600 XT
  20. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Hmm, were is @JonasBeckman? I miss his posts.
    There are far to many tweets in this thread. /jk
    :D

So far with this driver there is a large performance uptick in Death Stranded that puts the:
    5700xt (108fps)
    1080ti (109fps)
    2070s (108fps)
    at 1440p. Make it a tie.

In F12020
    5700xt 121 fps
    1080ti 120 fps
    2070s 117
    Blowing the 2070 out the water with a 17 FPS lead :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020