AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.5.1 driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 27, 2020.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Update:
    Hmm, after alternating between Spartial Sound on/off. Recording seems to work even at 32bit again. Strange. I'll leave this just in case someone has this issue.

Edit:
    After further digging it was Enabled Audio Enhancements that was doing it. I uninstalled DTS Sound Unboxed and it was still doing it.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    OnnA and JonasBeckman like this.
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Interesting, always nice to hear more on how things are with the software and features including potential problems or workarounds. :)
    Other than the Navi GPU situation I haven't kept up very well with Adrenaline 2020 or it's changes in general and components to it such as ReLive or the overlay and other functionality.

3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
  4. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti/RadVII/2070S
    Radeon VII doesn't support that apparently. :mad:

5. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I will admit in adrenaline 2020 I'm not sure if it's still called relive.

Wanted to add that I'm using DTS surround sound from Microsoft store which requires Spartial in order to use it. This decreased the audio from 32 to 16bit.

I've tried 20.4 point one, 20.4 point two, and 20.5 point one all with the same results. Until I came across an old post and the AMD forms about the audio not working while capturing. Which gave me the idea to start trying to make adjustments to the audio.

That's when the magic happened. I got that notification upper right hand corner that was finally recording.

It's intriguing how the same issue would reappear between three different drivers. I even used both ddu and amd's solution during those uninstalls. Apparently it's some sort of Windows audio issue will conflict with the drivers.

Now I want to disable it again because I was really beasting it in modern warfare and i don't know how. :confused:

Edit:
    Sigh...
    I simply don't understand nor agree with the decision to remove features from the GUI without having to resort to Registry tweaks.

Both Shader Cache and Relive were a toggle feature before Adrenaline 2020. And those aren't the only ones. I don't recall the others.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  6. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    Shader Cache is still there under Settings / Graphics / Advanced / Reset Shader Cache (global toggle)
    Regarding Relive I don't know what toggle you mean in the 2019 branch cause I haven't used it really.... but under Settings/General and then Recording Section and Streaming section you will find tens of different toggles....

Or I simply misunderstood what you mean with toggles.... per Game settings by chance? For Shader Cache there might be a technical limitation to cleanly purge the cache selectively I don't know.... else it would make sense.... but Relive on the other hand makes sense as a "global" toggle...

7. Jumy

Jumy Member

GPU:
    9700pro to 5900xt
    AudioEndpointBuilder is responsible for the effects, if you want to experiment you can change the dependencies of the service and also disable it but theoretically you risk losing this effects
    however, i do not remember exactly the problems i had, now has my fix base reg for remove effects his filter and disable the service, using them for years, i found something in forums for audio enthusiasts (don't remember the source), if you have doubts or don't know what you are doing, forget it!!
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dhcp]
    "DependOnService"=hex(7):4e,00,53,00,49,00,00,00,41,00,66,00,64,00,00,00,00,00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WlanSvc]
    "DependOnService"=hex(7):6e,00,61,00,74,00,69,00,76,00,65,00,77,00,69,00,66,00,\

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Audiosrv]
    "DependOnService"=hex(7):52,00,70,00,63,00,53,00,73,00,00,00,00,00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{6bdd1fc6-810f-11d0-bec7-08002be2092f}]
    "UpperFilters"=hex(7):00,00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71a27cdd-812a-11d0-bec7-08002be2092f}]
    "LowerFilters"=hex(7):00,00
    if you have separate audio card or integrate, avoid windows effects and use your real audio control panel/setting
    if i m correct max DTS is 24bit

8. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-012

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-023

These were simplistic features you could control. I would at time disable Relive as I noticed better latency with it off (even though I didn't enable it in game).
    As for the removal of Shader Cache toggle. It' boggles my mind why they removed it. Games have internal cache schemes and we really don't need this like we use to now.
    This all started back in the day with nvidia's focus group members were taunting about the forums that Nvidia hardware loaded fps games faster. AMD soon followed. Now game developers are more keen on implementing this themselves as far as I know.

So again, why was the feature to disable it removed from the GUI? It makes no sense. But neither are the missing custom features for Video Profile that Navi users simply haven't gotten yet. But found if you are a Vega owner.

So yeah, these drivers aren't perfect. They still have features that are "missing" with no explanation as to why? It's not reported as a "problem or "issue" in their release notes. And you are wasting your time "reporting" it as they've simply ignored it.

But lets not get it twisted, the drivers do "work" as intended from my experiences. Yes, every once in a while there are flukes (as I mentioned earlier).

In the meantime I'm going to try a few rounds of MW2020 and see if my accuracy is still the same now that "recording" is enabled now.

Edit:
    @Jumy
    Thanks for the reply will look into that.

9. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    About this, I agree 100% about the shader cache.
    One good example is MW 2019.
    With pre 2020 driver, I'd disable the shader cache and it will solve an stuttering problem I have.
    Now, I need to disable it system wide and I know some games are affected by having it disable, like Overwatch. Longer loading each match.

10. Jumy

Jumy Member

GPU:
    9700pro to 5900xt
    unfortunately each additional function only creates degradation in performance, now we can use the browser function in driver video :eek:
    audio speech is very complex, don't believe in miracles because almost everything is just filters and effects, mix, reverb, echo etc etc, the consequence is only a degradation of the audio and many many and again many problem and incompatibility between font-coder-link with his spec limit-final, then if you like some effect you choose but the best thing is the simplest and cleanest based on the start format
    record becomes even more complex

ps. avoid a videocard for audio and all HDaudio system i think is the root

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    I moved to POT player. it has working HW acceleration, therefore you can use and adjust RIS in full screen.

OnnA likes this.
  12. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    As for HDAudio...all you have to do was disable it through device manager.
    Then use AMD GUI to disable HDCP (Display > Override). That should help with the major microstutter.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    Jumy likes this.
  13. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    I’m using PotPlayer for a long time but I cannot detect any sharpening, please share what player settings do you use.

14. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Preferences > Filter Control > Video Decoder > Built-in Video Codec/DXVA Settings > Use DXVA
    This will enable HW acceleration and Driver will be able to use RIS.

You may as well manually add pot player executable to list of profiles in Radeon Settings. (To have easier time adjusting settings.)
    Before <ALT>+<R> did work in full screen. Now it does not work. But it is working in windowed mode and RIS affects windowed mode too. (So, there is reasonable way to adjust it.)

OnnA and passenger like this.
  15. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Thanks man. I have enabled DXVA in player and I have profile in Radeon settings with RIS @100% but still nothing. I don’t know what am I doing wrong.

16. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    When I use Radeon Settings overlay, I always set it to sit on left side, so I can see result.
    As long a video is playing (refreshing frames), I can turn RIS ON/OFF and see change immediately.
    It may be subtle on quality content, but setting 100% on blocky content is quite noticeable.

17. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    I know what you are talking I’m testing the same way with overlay on a side and I have tested various video formats and different resolution from 240p to 4K but nothing. I’m going to uninstall player download the latest version, default everything, and see if thing wanna come alive.

18. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    New Chipset Drivers 2.04.28.626 released on 3.06.2020 on AMD site >
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-strx4/trx40

AMD Ryzen™ Chipset Driver Release Notes (2.04.28.626) Highlights
    Release Highlights

• Installer displays more descriptive messages in case of errors and installation failures
    Fixed Issues
    • Driver uninstall fails if the Windows user accounts for install and uninstall are different
    • Resolved condition where GPIO driver may not upgrade from previous chipset driver version
    Known Issues
    • Installer may fail to launch if executed from a folder name with non-Latin language
      • Workaround: Execute the installer from C:\AMD
    • Manual system restart required for Windows® systems configured with Non-English OS Pack
    • Windows Installer pop-up message may appear during install
    • Moving installer window during install process may cause installer window to flicker/move around the screen
    • Cannot open installation log file after completion.
    • Installer may not downgrade to older version
      • Workaround: Manually uninstall latest package from control panel and then install older package

OnnA likes this.
  19. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Who is on vanguard program? PM me, Thanks!

20. Jumy

Jumy Member

GPU:
    9700pro to 5900xt
    exactly, you are saying sacrosanct things (leaving aside religions eh ;)), so with my above .reg you can remove also some dependencies of services otherwise with not disabled possibility, windows audio (base for all audio if disable=no audio) depend on AudioEndpointBuilder (effect only), with this .reg you remove this dependency and you can have a "pure" windows audio with disable AudioEndpointBuilder otherwise impossible o_O
    :D another step for pure simple base and probably remove few incompatibilities with relive..... relive it is a part unknown to me (i don't know and ignore existence) but a base with healthy roots will certainly be better