AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.4.2 driver download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Download the all-new Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2. This release supports the launch of Gears Tactics and Predator: Hunting Grounds. This release also contains improvements to stabili...

AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.4.2 driver download

Maddness likes this.
  2. BlitzTown

BlitzTown Active Member

Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products. stilll no ix

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Am I imagining things, or does that list of "known issues" seem to be pretty consistent across driver releases?

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Yeah unfortunately although AMD has added a few additional issues that have also been around for a while and there's some unlisted issues such as recurring problems with browser hardware acceleration or media playback.
    Profiles not saving or defaulting, Wattman inconsistencies and longer standing unfixed issues for Polaris, Vega and Radeon VII in addition to Navi as well.

NVIDIA has a few as well as usual with display drivers and how complicated this is but some of these really should have been resolved by now let alone 1+ year of remaining unfixed which is a real problem.

5. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56 Red Devil
    For me at this point the new drivers is way better than the first release in Dec 2019. With that said it is still far from good. I still get weird black screen and aplication hang issues when I Alt + Tab while gaming.

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    At least it's acknowledged in the release notes though who knows how long it will take to get fixed.

Feels like AMD really ought to freeze things for a while and work out existing bugs but they probably don't have the team size to handle major rewrites or overhauls while also supporting the upcoming GPU hardware and the current games and apps and existing bugs and all that much as seeing long standing issues fixed would be really welcome at this point and it probably would also affect investors and all that stuff as a sort of admittance to how bad things might be much as the driver situation has improved and there's been a lot of fixes as well. :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/g6t1ih/radeon_software_adrenalin_2020_edition_2042/

Stuff like this just needs to be worked out and resolved at this point.
    (And other issues, stability, performance and all that which gets listed or confirmed as still being a problem by users.)

Nice fixes as with many of the post 19.12.2 Adrenaline 2020 drivers since early February or so but there's still more that needs to see a resolution and for some of these longer outstanding issues it never should have taken this long in the first place.

7. mentor07825

mentor07825 Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 5700XT
    What I find interesting is that Enhanced Sync is off by default in all of the gaming profiles that come included in the drivers. I turned it on two nights ago to give Doom Eternal a try and it just caused nothing but stuttering, all the way to the main menu.

I've left it off now and I don't intend to return to that functionality. Anything that can resolve my intermittent black screens is a bonus.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Enhanced sync never worked correctly. Its function is to smooth out the framerate above your refresh rate and always ended up stuttering. I've heard its the cause for some bsod also.With frame limiters and freesync it should stay disabled indefinitely.

9. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    RTX2070 SUPER
    Enhanced Sync does not work properly for now and due to that it's currently disabled in all profiles.
    My experience is same as @Undying mention, nothing but stuttering.

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Any reason why Radeon Settings reports my monitor's freesync range as 30-60hz on a monitor with a variable refresh range of 30-144hz?

11. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Yeah, I would just disable it. I've always had my suspicions of freesync.