AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.3.1 driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Download here

Support For
    • DOOM Eternal
      • Achieve up to 5% better performance playing Doom Eternal (Ultra Nightmare settings) at 1920x1080p on the Radeon RX 5700 XT with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.3.1, versus Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2. RS-333
    • Half-Life : Alyx
    • Ghost Recon Breakpoint
      • Vulkan API

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    Jackalito, LocoDiceGR, Embra and 4 others like this.
  2. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Nice.
    Just in time for reinstaling Windows.

Thank you, Hilbert!

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Nice, good amount of fixes for 20.3.1 here and some new VLK extensions too though also a list of known issues as always. :)

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Added Vulkan® Support
    • VK_EXT_post_depth_coverage
      • This extension indicates support for shader modules that use the SPV_KHR_post_depth_coverage extension. Fragment shaders using the SPV extension can control whether the SampleMask built-in input variable reflects the coverage after the depth and stencil tests are applied. This extension is only supported on AMD RDNA hardware.
    • VK_KHR_shader_non_semantic_info
      • This extension indicates support for shader modules that use the SPV_KHR_non_semantic_info extension. Shader modules using the SPV extension can include non-semantic instructions that can be safely removed from the module.
    • VK_EXT_texel_buffer_alignment
      • This extension provides a mechanism to query alignment requirements for uniform and storage texel buffers that cannot be well communicated via minTexelBufferOffsetAlignment.
    • VK_EXT_pipeline_creation_cache_control
      • This extension provides flags that can be used by an application to inquire about potential high cost that could be incurred during pipeline creation. The information can be obtained prior to carrying out the create operation, which would allow the application to adjust its behavior accordingly.
    Fixed Issues

• Frame skipping or choppy audio may be experienced in videos captured using Radeon ReLive.
    • Some games may experience stutter while using Instant Replay or third-party applications that stream or perform screen capture.
    • Hotkeys may fail to apply to scenes in ReLive scene editor when the scene has a custom name.
    • Webcam elements may fail to appear on screen when a custom location is set during ReLive recording.
    • AMD A-Series/E-Series APU Processors will reflect older Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition Settings user interface.
    • Zero RPM toggle may fail to reset or appear when disabling advanced fan tuning options in Performance Tuning.
    • Radeon Software may automatically close when a live stream is started or stopped.
    • Desktop cursor may intermittently remain visible after toggling Radeon Software’s overlay in some games.
    • Red Dead Redemption 2™ may experience a blank screen when launched using the Vulkan® API.
    • Radeon Software may experience an application crash, or a system TDR may occur, when VRAM reaches 8GB or more with HBCC enabled on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
    • DOOM™ may experience an intermittent system hang or application crash during gameplay.
    • Space Engineers™ may experience an application or hang during gameplay when Grass Density is turned on.
    • A system hang or black screen may occur when exiting SteamVR™ with multi display system configurations.
    • Monster Hunter World™: Iceborne may have lower than expected performance in some areas of the game on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
    • Video playback may exhibit corruption on Interlaced content in Movies and TV on Ryzen 3000 with Radeon Graphics Processors.
    • PassMark™ may experience an application hang on some Ryzen with Radeon Graphics Processors.
    • On Radeon RX Vega and older discrete GPUs and on APUs, enabling integer display scaling could result in a reduction of frame rate.
    • Integer display scaling may not show up as available in Radeon Software on some GCN-based GPUs.
    Known Issues

• Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
    • Performance Metrics Overlay and Radeon WattMan incorrectly report higher than expected idle clock speeds on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products. Performance and power consumption are not impacted by this incorrect reporting.
    • Radeon Software may open with an inconsistent window size or may not keep its previously set size when opened.
    • Modifying the HDMI Scaling slider may cause FPS to become locked to 30.
    • Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
    • Desktop or In-game corruption may occur intermittently when HDR is enabled.
    • Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may experience a system crash or TDR when playing games with Instant Replay enabled. A workaround for users experiencing these issues is to disable Instant Replay.
    • A system crash or hang may be experienced when using Edge browser to play Netflix™ content.
    • Some users may still experience black screen or system hang issues during extended periods of gameplay. AMD will continue to monitor and investigate reports of these issues closely.

Radeon Software may experience an application crash, or a system TDR may occur, when VRAM reaches 8GB or more with HBCC enabled on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.

We need to test Division 2 ;)

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Factory Reset = OK
    Freesync is working Fine now, i've set in CRU 32-74Hz for FS range.
    Tested Forza H4 & Wolcen -> smooth sail as it should be :D (HBCC set to 16GB VRAM)

Good Release.

Note:
    Always save (Export) settings when all is set up.
    Thanks to this You'll have all Games Stats up to date.

UPD.
    BFV Multi = OK
    The Division 2 noHBCC = OK
    Ghost R® Breakpoint = OK
    Rainbow Six Siege VLK = OK
    The Outer Worlds = OK
    DOOM Eternal = OK

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    Jackalito likes this.
  6. P.O.N.

P.O.N. Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 4080
    I'm very glad to see the HBCC problem on Vega cards been addressed and not overlooked. But although with HBCC On I can finally enter the main menu when running The Division 2 at DX12 (witch I couldn't with 20.2.2 driver), the game is not running properly, there are clear frame drops and I had a screen freeze when loading the benchmark forcing me to reset the PC (I could run it though on my second try, and I couldn't replicate this freeze issue). The GPU is also underperforming when HBCC is On. At Ultra 1080p DX12 I got 82 FPS with HBCC On and 91 FPS with HBCC Off. Anyway, it is better than before the update, but no reason to keep the HBCC feature activated.

Jackalito and Krteq like this.
  7. FAQU

FAQU Member

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB
    Previously I've been stuck with 19.6.3 as with any version newer than that Freesync refused to work unless I disabled one of the monitors (dual monitor setup)
    This release (20.3.1) fixed the issue. Freesync is now working properly on my setup.

Everything else seems to be working fine as well.
    Overall a good release.

8. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    So you all want to tell me this is a driver of doom, huh?

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    I have it default ON, only Disabling for Div2 DX12 (not tested Yet)

UPD.
    It's better to have it at OFF for The Division2 & Ghost R. Breakpoint
    Game is not crashing with artifacts now, but it's less smooth.
    Ghost R. launch & Play w/HBCC NP (if not launching delete cache in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache)

We need to giv'em some time to fix all of this issues.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    Jackalito and P.O.N. like this.
  10. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9
    Yay, Doom 2016 working with Vulkan again. Couldn't even load menu on 20.2.2, BSOD every time.

Only tried for about 2 minutes tho, so can't attest to long term stability, but didn't work at all on last driver for me, so...

Jackalito and P.O.N. like this.

11. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    its a DOOM Driver yes, haha!

Jackalito likes this.
  12. babayaga12

babayaga12 New Member

GPU:
    Vega 56 Asus Strixx
    Hello can anyone help me My Freesync not work i have a Vega 56 and a Aoc g2790px in the osd from Monitor give not a Freesync Option When i play Assassins Creed Odysse i have 40fps but the feel so Stuttering when i move the camera in game. 5.png

Kiryxa91 and LocoDiceGR like this.
  13. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    I have that monitor, there is not an option to enable in the OSD
    even in desktop, you have only to open the OSD, go to "extra" section, and under "freq V" you see "freesync" instead of a number (for example 144 or 60)

that's how it works on my rx580+19.9.2+g2790px

Jackalito likes this.
  14. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Hmm, Vega 56 and AOC AG271QX here and FreeSync is working like a charm.

15. BlitzTown

BlitzTown Member Guru

Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
    :(

16. frankuzzo

frankuzzo New Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 8Gb
    I've a Vega64 Nitro and has some problem with Diablo 3. When started, the game freeze and reboot my pc. Anyone has same problem?

17. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    [​IMG]

I thought there were more options for custom o_O

18. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Vega 56 w/ 64 BIOS - No such issue here

[​IMG]