AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.2.2 driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Working find on my end after the update.

2. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    You are 100% correct. I've noticed a hit to fps after the update. Hey RTG, you need to re-optimize Division 2 after the update please, thanks!

Edit:
    OK, I have about 95% of my frame rate back by deleting graphic settings.cfg
    restart the game
    then re-add all the settings I had before back into the cfg manually. As doing it in game just doesn't seem to work. FPS remains the same in game.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  3. Kaerar

Kaerar Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    He's definitely not the only one. First black screen I've had on the primary monitor was with this driver. I've had the secondary black screen with much older drivers when I just got the card, but it's been fine since then until now.

Having said that it hasn't done it again since the CRU driver reset.

4. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Division 2 New York Edition

Hey, wait a minute, the in game settings have slightly different values when you look at graphic settings.cfg now!!!

I'm glad I just put the file in the trash bin instead of deleting it out right.
    99% fps regained now.

5. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti/RadVII/2070S
    lol this is fiction https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/03/02/the-division-2-pc-performance-warlords-of-new-york/

2080 ti can't do ultra 4k 60fps (watch the digital foundry video on perf on base game) never mind radeon vii. :/

Just to clarify the fiction part is what ubisoft says you need for 4k/60. The article is actually pretty good at looking through all sorts of cards. Radeon vii is, according to that, well ahead of 5700xt. That steve fella at gamers nexus craps on rad 7 saying 5700xt is the same perf but looking around that isn't true in many games at 4k. 5700xt still good price to perf, nice card for sure but, for now, radeon vii still the daddy. :p

6. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Division 2 is broken after the update 8, and ITS NOT RADEONS FAULT.

Div2 team have to fix it.

7. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Member Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    DayZ goes black but the screen doesn't go blank with these drivers. I reverted back to 20.1.3

8. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    It also runs like complete crud

low gpu usage and major jittering/tearing

9. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    By the way, although it is not crashing anymore (thanks to HBCC disabled), the gaming experience in BFV leaves still a lot to be desired in DX12 - stuttering and spikes make it inferior to DX11 even with low quality settings.

10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Division2 DX12 working fine on my setup, tested day ago.

Played so far:

BFV DX11 + Reshade = OK
    Forza H4 DX12 + RIS = OK
    The Division 2 DX12 + RIS = OK
    Ghost R. Breakpoint DX11 + RIS = OK
    Far Cry® 5 = OK
    Wolcen DX11 + Reshade = OK
    MtG Arena + YT = OK

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Interesting, even with the new system the game still initializes into D3D12 if I try to enable it but then goes back to D3D11 shown by overlay information or checking the shader cache. Thought it was a limitation since upgrading the GPU and it didn't recognize it and just went back to default but since other posts here or the Division 2 topic mention 5500 - 5700 series cards and the game running under DirectX 12 maybe it does work then, good to hear it's stable too. :)
    (No issues with games like Monster Hunter World now that Capcom fixed the crash problem it had since the prior update for D3D12 and Vulkan just makes stuff work either native or via wrapper because some reason or another. :p )

12. UkOldGit

UkOldGit Member

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Red Devil 5700XT
    I was pleased to find the new driver fixed the texture problems in Modern Warfare but it seems it's also introduced another problem when using the display port even with every option disabled in the GUI.
    I was using the display port and the screen gets corrupted as the game starts up, seems like the wrong frequency or something is getting sent to it.
    I did find if I set the monitor refresh rate to 60Hz instead of 144Hz then it starts ok, I can then tab out of the game reset back to 144Hz and it's still ok.
    This only happens with 20.2.2, 20.2.1 and 19.12.1 are ok.
    The only work round for me and few others that had the problem was to connect the monitor using a HDMI lead and everything is ok.

I've included picture of what it looks like, maybe a member of the vanguard could find out if this is a known problem or pass it on to AMD if it isn't.

[​IMG]

pharma and Jackalito like this.
  13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    In theory but it works much better if you disable enchanced sync and use freesync with a frame limiter -2fps below refresh rate.

14. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Impressive!!!
    It seems you are woke to some of this. I still believe that RTG needs to re-optimize for Division 2 after the update though. I'm now getting weird fps dips that I didn't have before. The draw distances, etc in game don't seem to offer the same numeric value in .cfg file. But doesn't seem to take the old values of the .cfg.

I have seen fps tied into game's network connection in the past and do wonder if the influx of players are contributing to the fps problem now? I've seen a queue of 80 just to "log into the game" when starting it. So, there are a lot more people playing this game now then just the other day.

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Warlords itself while a smaller map does have a bit more vertical exploration and there's a lot more clutter spread over the area mimicking the later Dark Zones in the original starting fairly orderly and then you realize it's quite chaotic especially the patched in Zone 8 and 9 areas. :D

Although with the streets being narrow lines and tons of sight breaking objects culling and draw distance management should do a good job of keeping memory usage and draw calls and all that a bit more ordered than some other open world games and the LOD and such is also fairly restrictive when looking into vistas and such and it's just a huge mass of low poly blocks though it's masked fairly well and it's better earlier games even so while maintaining better performance at least for what it can do.

Shader effects weather conditions including full on storms and more roaming gangs of AI actors also contribute. (Street ninjas of New York rather...trash viking chain gang members almost everywhere here going trashcan and longbow and that trashcan lid is SOLID!)

Or you get a small mass of Warhammer 40K fans aka the cleaners who cleanses the absolute everything with fire and volumetric flames are suddenly everywhere, they even have some new fancy BIG RED BARREL OF BOOM props that make a suitable big explosion. (If I was a game developer I'd add a green one just for the sake of it but I suppose color coded for convenience is a thing and most other traps are red too for that reason. :p )

Small map but no less demanding on the hardware and there's the occasional fancy vegetation area too although most clutter is random street and city props but a ton of it.

16. Cosmin

Cosmin New Member

GPU:
    XFX rx 5700xt thic
    I have a 4%performance loss in F1 2018 with this driver

17. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    So today is the day I got the first black screen with my VEGA64 Liquid.... I must admit that the frequency of this might be lower that the earlier 2020 drivers but definitely higher than the earlier 2019 branch.... Will continue testing and drop a notification here in case I will get another one.

18. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Interesting, I haven't played it yet. Still on the 1st one. But I see that Ubi did a good job on how far you can go in the game. I went into a zone, unaware of the skill level and was one shot...LOL. So yeah getting that level 30 boost will come in handy if you don't want to grind for the next week.

---------------------------

I've always go to:
    Disk Cleanup > Select DirectX Shader Cache > Clean up system files

Whenever I install new drivers and when a game gets updated. When it comes to game updates I do that along with:
    Reset Cache in Radeon Settings > Settings > Graphics > Advance > Reset Shader Cache

It couldn't hurt to give that a try to verify performance.

19. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Disaster :D

20. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    Installed on day one, no issues as usual :)

BFV - OK
    War Thunder - OK
    Doom 2016 - OK
    H&G - OK
    The Talos Principle (Vulkan) - OK
    Opera with HW accel. enabled - no issues
    VLC / KODI 18.6 both with DXVA - no issues
    26-33/167MHz with 144Hz DP WQHD AOC display

Jackalito, LocoDiceGR and OnnA like this.