AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.2.1 driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 3, 2020.

1. ThatBusch

ThatBusch Member

GPU:
    ASRock RX 5700
    Yes everything is fine, temps haven't changed from November to December, and i changed nothing except for the driver and then GPU. I used 19.10.2 before switching to the newer drivers, and then this stuff started happening. I also installed windows again.

It is very certainly a driver issue.

2. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Don't mean to be annoying, just throwing ideas out...)

3. ThatBusch

ThatBusch Member

GPU:
    ASRock RX 5700
    Yea but these are like the most common things one will check, provided he knows what he is doing ^^ I've gone through all of these, and i'm certain it's a driver issue.

4. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    @ThatBusch
    You can also try to Disable ULPS via MSI Afterburner

5. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Know the feeling...)

Hope AMD will deliver real soon.

Maybe they can even finally stop Automatic update checks when set to Manual... :cool:

6. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    I know my hardware. No bad PSU or faulty card here (AX1200i & Sapphire(AMD) Vega 64 Liquid Cooled edition. Thermals ok, stock, latest BIOS. I really am tired answering the same simple questions over and over again. It is easy to generalize stuff when the issue does exist in the drivers itself.
    And It IS a driver issue (power management problem with HBM mem I think, was also very sporadically / rarely in 2019, but 2020 branch broke it completely), period.
    Locking at P1/P2 stage (MEM) as minimum helps. See AdoredTV and his video on the issue.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  7. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    I can use it as an PiP monitor (then with two DPs connected) but currently don't use that feature.
    But yeah, I've had A LOT of issues with the whole 2020 branch of drivers (starting from 19.12.2 and ending with 20.1.4, to be frank I was really tired of all the hard resets and haven't tested 20.2.1 much, but based on the opinions it hasn't solved much).
    With 19.12.1 (last from 2019 branch) I can breathe again (or rather - my vega can), don't have black screens, turned hw accel on again, currently day 7 or 8 (my PC is running 24/7 and I turn off only my monitor) and without a single black screen / freeze.
    And yeah, I am 10000000% sure my hardware is stable (did countless hours of TM5 runs with the custom 1usmus profile v3 for HEDT) and thermals ok (water cooled and did a few rounds of monitoring... and no, the services or software are not constantly running in background as I wanted to eliminate all the issues, running them ad-hoc when I need it), and drivers and W10 are all up to date, drivers cleaned with DDU before changing major branches etc. etc.
    Like to keep my working/gaming environment in a good shape.

8. GlennB

GlennB Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 EK
    Yet in every freaking reddit thread people fixed the problem by RMA's their card while for some the problems did not go away. Software errors are easily reproduced and there is a fix called a full reinstall to eliminate any potential driver error that is stuck in the system. For me the fix was the AMD cleanup tool since DDU did nothing (even after about 6-7 driver installs with DDU), after i have yet to encounter a single black screen.

Embra likes this.
  9. bobalazs

bobalazs Guest

GPU:
    RX 480 4Gb
  10. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Glad you found a golden solution for yourself (not that I haven't tried it all already long ago by myself).
    Now leave me be and let AMD fix the damn drivers.

11. OliverYY

OliverYY Member

GPU:
    Memory size
    I had major issues including BSOD’s, weird purple artifacts in the top left corner of my screen and constant game crashes with my RX 5700 XT.

I’ve then removed the AMD drivers, used DDU to remove any left over traces and then reinstalled the latest drivers (at the current time of writing this post this is 19.8.2).

Now its very smooth without any crashes or hiccups as long as I keep enhanced sync disabled. Whenever I enable that all hell breaks loose again.

I have a Gigabyte RX 5700 XT blower model.

12. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    UPLS seems to solve the lowclocks navi issues

13. ThatBusch

ThatBusch Member

GPU:
    ASRock RX 5700
    I think so as well. I played a bit of CS:GO yesterday, after deactivating ULPS, and i didn't notice any major frame drops and stutters. Maybe it was coincidence, will do further tests.

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Isnt the ulps just a way to save power when your using multi gpu system? It should not have any other effect.

15. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    yes and you can't do crossfire with navi cards
    it's an old entry in the drivers
    i don't have navi but it seems that for the majority of the people is working

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Its a placebo, does not do anything.

17. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
  18. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    i tried it too and i can now keep a consistant high Mhz speed in hitman 2 previously it would reach about 1300mhz now it reaches my oc'd boost of 1840 - 1850Mhz and dropping lower much less
    also cpu usage dropped

there could well be some messed up code causing the driver to think a 5700 is a secondary card and treating the cpu gpu even though disabled in bios as primary

this is software so anything is possible

i'll test more games and report back

Quick UPDATE .. old game batman arkham city also keeps boost and that liked to sit around 600Mhz most of the time

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    Undying and ninja750 like this.
  19. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
  20. Akakiy

Akakiy Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 5700 MECH OC
    You can change ULPS setting through RadeonMOD aswell. Before tweaking it I would get stutters constantly while playing League of Legends(especially when moving the camera) But after disabling ULPS I can safely say, atleast for my setup, the issue is gone. Can't really say this is definitive fix as mentioned above through the reddit link, some people had good feedback whereas some others saw no changes.