AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.2.1 driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Download:
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-20-2-1-driver-download.html

Support For
    • Zombie Army 4: Dead War™
    Fixed Issues
    • Some users may experience higher than expected memory usage when recording with Radeon ReLive.
    • HDR content may become overly dark or overly bright in some DirectX®12 API games on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
    • The camera element may exhibit stutter in recorded clips or during streaming using Radeon ReLive.
    • The scroll bar is missing for some users in the Compatibility tab of Radeon Software.
    • Radeon Software may fail to detect VR games when SteamVR is running or has been started.
    • Radeon Anti-Lag enable and disable beep notifications may be played in error when individually pressing keys assigned to the hotkey.
    • The Snap Settings feature may fail to apply settings for Auto Tuning controls if other Auto Tuning settings were already applied.
    Known Issues
    • Some DirectX®11 API games may experience an application crash when performing a task switch with Radeon Image Sharpening enabled.
    • Enabling feature for Radeon ReLive such as Instant Replay, Instant Gif or In-Game Replay may cause the display or UI to flicker or stutter.
    • A loss of display with working audio may be experienced on a limited number of displays when performing a mode change on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
    • A system crash or hang may occur when running the Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers™ benchmark.
    • Integer Scaling may cause some video content to show flicker when the display resolution is set to less than native resolution.
    • The Radeon Software Overlay hotkey notification may sometimes be displayed during video playback in web browsers or launching some video player applications.
    • Radeon Software may open with an inconsistent size or may not keep its previously set size when opened.
    • Modifying the HDMI Scaling slider may cause FPS to become locked to 30.
    • Some Radeon RX 5700 series graphics users may intermittently experience a black screen while gaming or on desktop. A potential temporary workaround is disabling hardware acceleration in applications running in the background such as web browsers or Discord.
    • Some games may exhibit stutter or appear to be downclocking on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
    • A black screen may occur when performing a mode change with a limited number of displays on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.

2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    More fixes is always good!

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    None of the real issues have been fixed. The list is just getting bigger.

geko95gek, Jackalito, warlord and 2 others like this.
  4. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6800 XT N+
    I'd rather the list get bigger than them just to straight up ignore the actual problems like they have done in the past, but I do agree that they should be focusing on the bigger problems.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    AMD's good at multitasking, they can both increase the list and ignore the issues at the same time.

Jackalito, MaCk0y, warlord and 5 others like this.
  6. Shellar

Shellar Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    updated drivers only over 20.1.4 through DM and got my first ever black screen after reboot. Netflix GPU utilization seems higher in GPU-Z. Will stay with this driver unless problems, 20.1.4 was fine for me so I have something to fall back to.

* "downclocking on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products" - is this the first time AMD acknowledged this bug?

I'm running two displays off 5700XT right now with memory clock elevated. My options are: drive one of the displays off iGPU or off second AMD RX470 or just leave it with single card and iGPU disabled in BIOS. I heavily use both displays for various things and move things between as needed. What option would you recommend?

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    yes and no

8. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Maybe they're saving those fixes for the end of year update. Yay. Go AMD go... :)

Hope I'm way off, but this seems silly already.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Maybe they can't fix the issue because it is connected to the known issue with the 5700 stepping.

Does it occur with the 5600's?

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    They've mentioned it on occasion but it's still one of the big recurring things pointed out and then getting completely ignored by AMD for whatever reason, seems more and more likely to be part hardware but since the Linux drivers are handling the way Navi's GPU clocks fluctuate better software side improvements aren't entirely out nor would a workaround be if that's what it takes.

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yep, I've tried finding out how it works but with limited success but it's just a Navi10 series thing from my understanding of it at least and there's little currently that affects how this works or can effectively force it to not clock gate or how to call it.
    CPU and GPU usage swings and it immediately gets affected which either seems at least to me it should be like the Zen2 CPU and just update faster or have a sort of delay before the GPU reacts just in case it was just a momentary drop and then usage got back to higher percentages.
    (Probably greatly simplifying whatever is actually going on in hardware here or how the software side handles it with drivers and then Wattman even if that has it's issues still.)

12. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    They mention stuttering when gaming in 1080p low settings. First time they mention downclock. Hope they get it right this time as this is a deal breaker for this card. A lot of people return their cards for this issue. And its an amazing card.

What is strange to me is that no review site mentions this issue. Not even explore/investigate it based on user reports. I remember to my surprise the first time I play on my 5700xt. It wasn't the update I was expecting from my 480.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    EDIT: Seems I just missed the listing initially, it's still there in the driver notes. :)

connos likes this.
  14. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    You scare me for a moment.

15. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Try CRU

• The video card will not reduce clock speeds when idle if the vertical blanking/total is too low. Horizontal values can still be reduced if necessary.
      • Older AMD/ATI cards require the "LCD standard" vertical blanking/total to reduce the memory clock when idle.
      • NVIDIA and newer AMD cards can handle some lower values depending on the resolution and refresh rate.
    • Older AMD/ATI cards have a design limitation that causes video acceleration to scramble the screen if the vertical blanking/total is below standard with the video card's memory overclocked or with multiple monitors connected. Skype is known to trigger this problem. Either don't overclock the video card's memory, or use the "LCD standard" vertical blanking/total.

geko95gek and wirapuru like this.

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Installed after DDU and ready to test.

17. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    It's kinda sad. Despite driver is perfect for me once again, many problems and bugs affecting tons of users, meanwhile, fixes are less than known issues. At the same time, Radeon Settings popped up a notification to vote for new features I want to see. Are they serious? AMD is mad at themselves? I wished to see a bullet there with: " • Current features are enough, improve end-user's quality of life ".

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    GSDragoon likes this.
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Im skipping this one, waiting for WHQL now.
    Few days ago installed 20.1.4 :)

geko95gek likes this.
  19. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    finally the downlclock issue is listed in the known issues!

geko95gek and connos like this.
  20. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    What about this bug that I always have to start a game twice for it's fan profile to work properly?