AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.7.3 driver download

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    So, I was on 19.6.1 while running RX-580 as I did not want to use Navi launch driver as I was expecting that it will break thing or two for GCN.
    Windows 1903. Took out RX-580 without uninstalling 19.6.1, put in 5700XT. Boot, desktop, custom installation of 19.7.3. Skipped Driver issue reporting.

Defect free installation of driver. Re-Live is present as everything else.
    - That weird video processing that enables sharpening, color manipulation, fluid motion and stabilization misses fluid motion and stabilization. (Not that I would miss feature I did not even use.)
    - Radeon Image Sharpening does not look to be working with StarCraft2 (DX9), Dead Island (DX9), CS (OpenGL), ... I am probably doing it wrong by just enabling it in display menu.
    - Occasional black image flicker at high refresh rate/fps. One frame at the time, no black screen for few seconds.

Once RIS starts to work on DX11 games, or any for me :) it will be nice. I have custom fan curve, so card can get bit noisy, but back of my PC case is directed to room. And while I game, I have headphones, so no issue.
    Max temperatures I managed to get: GPU 75°C, Hot-Spot 92°C, Memory 80°C, GPU VRMs 67°C, VRAM VRMs 71°C.

Edit: Black Flicker is not an driver issue and I reconfigured causing element to stop it.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    OnnA likes this.
  2. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Wtf M$ !!! I was quite happy with 19.7.3 running on my R9 390 so decided to update 'The Division 2' for a DX12 OC stability test run. Installed the update to the game (latest), Rebooted, hit the desktop & all seems good. Then out of nowhere M$ decides I need a driver update & installs "19.20.17.01". Wtf is that driver? 19.7.3 is "19.30.01.18" (Windows Driver Store Version 26.20.13001.18009) so what did M$ install on my machine?

@JonasBeckman, you in the house bro? Recognise it by any chance?

As this happened before I had chance to bench "The Division 2" I have no baseline for 19.7.3 with which to compare any current results relating to the mystery driver.

Does anybody recognise this driver via the number "19.20.17.01"? Are there any known stability / functionality issues with it? Do i keep it or reinstall 19.7.3?

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated people...

My OS is 1903 build 18362.267 (fully updated).

Cheers peeps.

JonasBeckman likes this.
  3. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    WU likes to force their driver over user installed ones, because MS feels they know better. ;) Just reinstall 19.7.3.

4. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    We just got through talking about that.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/a...-3-driver-download.427771/page-2#post-5694758
    Use DDU in safe mode and disable win10 auto update for drivers. You shouldn't need to do anything else.

Then do a normal uninstall. Twice if you see 2 AMD apps in the Apps uninstall.

ReaperXL2 likes this.

5. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    It is a bug:
    AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.7.4 driver download

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Sounds like the insider driver I heard about (Version number checks out.) but you are on 18362.267 or 19H1 with the latest cumulative installed so not 19H2 in the fast ring or the 20H1 version of Windows 10 for those on skip-ahead but perhaps it's not strictly limited to these builds and yeah newer cab file or date and here comes Windows 10 deciding the driver is newer rather than going by the file date or signature or version number or anything like that to not overwrite a newer driver with a older one which otherwise it can be pretty annoying and it just happens.

There's at least one setting in the device manager and then another in the group policy editor but neither will prevent Windows 10 from also trying to immediately grab a driver if the base GFX adapter is installed such as on a clean driver wipe and reinstall so off goes the net connection and then the installation or Windows will just be too eager to begin immediately on login which isn't generally what the user was going for when doing such as thorough re-install.
    (The system settings one next to the device manager declines the OS checking for driver updates and the GP one somewhere in there for update behavior opts out of drivers from the scan processes from memory though like mentioned it's not out entirely even so.)

ReaperXL2 likes this.
  7. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2

Thank you guys for your insight on this. The link provided was indeed an interesting read. @JonasBeckman. Your views & insights into the workings of AMD driver tech is always an education.
    I will now take the appropriate precautions / actions when updating any future AMD driver tech. WU sucks, seriously !

Peace people...

8. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    After all this time MS hasn't removed this horrific feature.
    You have 2 options:
    1. Let win10 install the "base" Radeon Drivers. Age will depend on what version you have. For example if you have win10 1709 the driver will be about 2 years old. If using win10 1903 the driver will be a few months old. Caveat: I did a little digging in Microsoft Update Catalogue and that's what I found to be the case so far. When you uninstall 19.7.X for 19.7.X the "base Radeon Drivers" will always be present. You then install 19.7.X over top them. This is what MS wants you to do. They want you to install new drivers overtop Win10's "Base Radeon" drivers.

2. As already mentioned use DDU in safe mode and disable driver updates. Uninstall win10's "Base Radeon" drivers. Reboot. Then you will notice that Device Manager's Display Adapter will read Microsoft Basic Adapter. Then you install Adrenaline 19.7.X.

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    One note regarding 19.7.3 for Vega
    Do not use Firefox Youtube and Game -> Flicker can occur, or some times Game won't launch (ME:A is good example)
    Besides this minor issues, Driver is fastest to date for Vega GPUs.
    Stable, OC similar to other drivers, it's a Beta so we need more V for Core.
    Waiting for WHQL now.

Played so far:
    BFV, ME:A, Wolf 2, MtG:A, Ori & tbf & Rage 2
    All games runs fast and without issues.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Krteq and Jackalito like this.
  10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Yeah GPU acceleration and it's varying states of stability one browser version and driver version to and from ha ha.
    Firefox changing to WebRender recently as well on AMD plus whatever the driver might be doing but it should work for the most part although it might also still be affected by Youtube itself and non-Chromium and everything the player is doing.
    VP8, VP9, VC1 via opt in and then 30 or 60 FPS and 1080p or 2160p and how that affects the GPU performance and it's clock states for media playback.
    (Vega is also using a different video encoder engine as I recall which lacks certain things from VII and Navi so a mix of software and hardware from what I know though if that's a problem or not or just a potential performance issue I can't really say.)

EDIT: Affects NVIDIA as well on occasion but probably also depends on the browser with this big change in Firefox potentially causing problems although it should be fairly well tested over a prolonged beta period first on NVIDIA and then on AMD and then rolling out successively in the stable releases. :)

OnnA and Jackalito like this.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Played R6 Siege today with AntiLag On (71FPS FRT, Mixed Ultra/High, no eye catching stuff, SBCC cuz' it's less dark)
    One word, #Better :p

PS.
    A lot better.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  12. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    I made a clean install on this drive, and now when i try to open a x265 4k video (made with my phone) i get a Blackscreen with a strange glitch on the bottom.... After 5sec it goes away...
    Let's hope they fixed that in 19.7.5