AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.1.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 10, 2019.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  2. paulco

paulco Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX6900XT
    19.1.1 has new driver date 21 Jan.

Edit: I get no option for radeon settings in custom install, and it does not install radeon settings.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  3. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    It's showing jan20 for me now.

4. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Funny thing about these past 3 drivers, upon install, and with manual fan control enabled in MSI AB, the fans on my card do not work....yes, my Gigagbyte RX VEGA 64 fans do not spin till a certain temp threshold has been exceeded, but my fans still do not spin even though the temp on my card hit 50C+, I had to adjust Wattman fan curve to get it to work (dunno whether MSI AB or Wattman has actual control of fan). Adjusting and enabling Wattman alone with AB may or may not work, and it seems I have to enable both,and even then, the fans may not spin. Only when I have both enabled, and I adjust Wattman fan control again and apply a minor change (I make small adjustment to fan control just so I can apply this change), the fans would then kick in even when the GPU is doing nothing (which is what I want). Really strange issue I'm having with these drivers....

5. paulco

paulco Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX6900XT
    Yes download file shows 20th.
    Download page shows 21st release date (for me).

JonasBeckman and AlleyViper like this.
  6. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Nvm, I thought you were referring to the file name!

Have you tried the 4.6.0 beta 11? (link)

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Unfortunately, if someone need WHQL, simple Update (same name 19.1.1) don't work as intended.
    My Method is to install older (different name e.g. 18.12.3 WQHL) restart.
    and then Clean install New WHQL -> 19.1.1 Jan21
    Next -> Install Chipset drivers (amd-chipset_18.10_1018.Oct26)

Everything is working fine :D

Note: since last Year ATI driver update to WHQL don't work flawlessly ;)

2 good methods:
    1. Wait for WHQL, don't install initial driver (usually 1-2 weeks)
    2. Do it like me.

8. paulco

paulco Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX6900XT
    I usually have no issue with these(always a first time though I guess), anyway installed radeon settings from the 'B337967' folder.
    I've got a copy of the original if I run into other issues.

I reported it to AMD, just in case.

9. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    zero fan not working with manual fan curve is in the known issues list or not?

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hopefully WHQL signed, should put a stop to the 18.12.2 recommendation too as the previous WHQL driver in CNext. :)

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Lol -> check it out, ohh wait :eek:

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah I was surprised to see it flagging for a driver update though after learning it prioritizes WHQL it makes sense although it's a older version so it would be nice to be able to tick that off entirely but well this probably resolves it too having 19.1.1 promoted to WHQL.

And if that's what it is there are also other differences such as in addition to the driver folder seeing some removed files this new archive has a amdafd folder there for what looks like the HD Audio driver.

For the removed files that's these three bringing the total down from 145 files to 142 files.
    amdkmafd.ctz
    amdkmafd.itz
    amdkmafd.stz <- These are removed.

And various tweaks in the .inf for this removal.

[R300.AMDKMAFD]
    amdkmafd.stz,,,0x00004000
    amdkmafd.itz,,,0x00004000
    amdkmafd.ctz,,,0x00004000

Gone now along with other entries for this.
    (A prior version of the AMD Audio driver perhaps? There's been a amdkmpfd version for a while now but it's usually had both of them. Code cleanup of older data perhaps?)

EDIT: No one's the audio driver and the other was the PCI bus or filter driver.
    Perhaps just changing the audio driver around a bit or well it's doing something can't quite say what really with this change in how it's handled.

EDIT: Hmm maybe now with the files being separated it won't show the HD Audio driver as constantly having a update when a new driver is out. Well there's probably more to it than just that.
    (And it's still sticking in that filter driver and that bit hasn't been changed.)

Jackalito likes this.
  13. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    No, no. That would be intentional cheating. :p I don't change any settings. To get that score, I run the memory at 2050MHz at 1050mv and Firestrike runs in black and white. :D

Undying likes this.
  14. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Ok, I now tried overclocking the memory with this driver and it's working ok. Must have been something with the 18.12.2 driver.

1480 core on auto 2240 memory at 1.15v and level 2 timings with no artifacts. Will try some games and see if it is stable. Doubt it though.

https://i.**********/s21MJqL9/Capture.jpg

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    For me memory increase over 2100 isnt doing anything. Did you try increasing the core? Dial down the memory and try hitting the 1500mhz, it yields higher performance.

Im mostly testing the SoTTR for artifacts. Steve from gamers nexus said thats the only game they had to dial back the overclock on their 590 fatboy review.

MaCk0y likes this.

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Im waiting for a driver in a few hours..(I hope for RE:2 optimisations + bug fixes)

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  18. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    Thanx so much for this @OnnA. After watching, I just sat back with a smug smile on my face now knowing that the R9 390 (non X) 8gb that I bought brand new back in the day for £180 gbp was probably the best & most cost effective / bangforbuck Component/Hardware purchase that I have ever made with regard to my PC/Gaming.

I am still using the card today (overclocked naturally @1110mhz core, 1600mhz Vram stable). I have a thrid party Raijintek Morpheus cooler on it & it and the card still kicks ass with 90% of todays games @ very respectable detail levels. 1080p allows me to run pretty much anything with maxed settings or close to at least, so yes @OnnA, I am an extremely happy gamer after watching.

Thanx for making my day. This is one of the many reasons why I check in with you guys & G3D every single day, several times a day on occasion.

Btw, any tips @OnnA at how I can take this 390 to even greater heights? my Raijintek cooler keeps temps seriously chilly under load & I have backplate cooling (ghetto stylee) that pushes static pressurised air through the gap between the back of the PCB & the backplate, exhausting through the rear pci vents at the output end of the card (extremely effective, 60c max vrms under constant max load).

OnnA and BlackZero like this.
  19. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Yes, these cards will overclock a lot more than what's shown in that video, and the reference model at stock fan does get throttled. Still, with the power usage and heat considered, something like the 1060/1350 shown in that video is close to what the average AIB card will be running at at stock settings. Overall, the card is still OK for 1440p gaming (with the modern mid range cards about equal or slower in many cases at that resolution).

The video does, of course, also kind of show the situation for many owners of the Hawaii based cards, where upgrading isn't entirely necessary but age is starting to creep its head. Personally, I am going to be keeping an eye on what's happening in the graphics cards market this year.

20. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    You were right, new driver is up :)

LocoDiceGR likes this.