AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.9.3 Driver download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Jumbik

Jumbik Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64 N+
    Are we going to have new drivers every other week? :)

Its just few days since I have installed 18.9.2

3. shaga

shaga Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3060 Ti
    Well AMD GPU drivers suck totally right now. Rather we get as many versions out as possible in a hope one is a good driver. We usually just get one driver per month so this is just extra nice; the sad thing is that even with these 3 drivers this month.. still not worth to use them. I'm using 1.6.7 right now. No-one forces you to install every driver so it shouldn't matter even if it was a new driver every single day!

4. kaledtarek

kaledtarek Member

GPU:
    RX 5700XT 8GB
    assassins creed origins I cant utilize my rx580 with 2600k but gtx 970 does. my 2600k usage never exceed 75% while benchmark and my score is 7200 with vert low preset while with the gtx 970 gets 11000 score and the cpu stuck with 100% usage the whole time. i tried 18.7.1 WHQL and every update after it. so any help here guys ??

5. shaga

shaga Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3060 Ti
    Well get a freesync monitor. Then fps doesn't matter that much for singleplayer games ;)

6. screwtech02

screwtech02 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900 XTU
    17.12.2, last decent performing drivers I have, and continue to use..

7. kaledtarek

kaledtarek Member

GPU:
    RX 5700XT 8GB
    I dont think thats the solution cause i get as low as 25fps in alex so even on freesync monitor i will be damned! so any help about a fix ?

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    17.12.1s here :D

screwtech02 likes this.
  9. GlennB

GlennB Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 EK
    Lower setting or upgrade the CPU, Assins Creed is known to really like a lot of cores.

10. WareTernal

WareTernal Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800 XT
    I think this is normal for this game. Lots of people with same story. Lowering res or AA level might increase CPU load and FPS.
    Here is a good explanation, along with a guide to tweaking your settings. Some of the main things to take from it are:
    i7 8700k + RX580 = 48-61 FPS
    i7 8700k + GTX970 = 40-54 FPS
    "CPU utilization jumps way up...if you're using a fast GPU. CPU utilization also drops...using a slower GPU"
    "at 1080p medium...even the GTX 1060 3GB is able to beat the Vega 64"(i7 8700k)

Driver version 17.10.2 was supposed to be optimized with this title .

11. squallypoh

squallypoh Member Guru

GPU:
    asus rtx 4070 dual
    im new to the radeon gpu side, i recently got a rx 570 which is the most suitable driver for me?

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Well, AC:O can get 100% utilization on 4C/8T CPU on nv side and still sit at under 60fps with much stronger GPU.

Benchmarks are funny things, because they do not represent real gameplay. Have you checked CPU utilization in main menu, just after starting game?

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Last WHQL drivers are 18.5.1, although if you need newer beta drivers that have been optimized for any new games using the newest available is fine

You can find AMD drivers https://www.amd.com/en/support

14. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Let's hope 18.10 will be WHQL certified (perhaps then simple things like AMD Settings, ReLive and older DirectX applications won't crash) and ready for RS5.

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I feel so lucky and blessed that those things are never crashing on me. When was the last time you run real system RAM and CPU stability test?

16. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Turned Arkham Knight into a stuttery mess. As always DDU seems to be needed..which fixed the issues.

17. squallypoh

squallypoh Member Guru

GPU:
    asus rtx 4070 dual
    i was just testing star wars battlefront 2 and over campaign mode i noticed some graphic glitches, like some trees and other objects moving around the screen near the character for brief and quick seconds, are these artifacts? is this driver related? or its my gpu broken? i recently installed my new rx 570 so im wondering if this is hardware fault or driver.

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    In what way were the objects moving around? were they sprite graphical effects "flat objects" that changed angle depending on how you looked at them?

Taking a screenshot or recording a short video of what you are seeing is always helpful when trying to figure out an issue when asking help from others.

Although now that I think about it there might be a limit to your account posting images here, I think you might be able to use Imgur to post images and then sharing the link https://imgur.com/

19. squallypoh

squallypoh Member Guru

GPU:
    asus rtx 4070 dual
    and here we are video : its been edited already so you get to see the issues im experiencing, this is a different place from where i was before due my noobness of restarting the map, thanks for your help.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    As far as I can tell that would be an issue with the game, not the video card, this only happens in this video game right?