AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.9.1 Driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Elrion93, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Elrion93

Elrion93 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5770
    Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.1 Highlights

DOWNLOAD: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-18-9-1-driver-download.html

Support For

• Shadow of the Tomb Raider™
    • Star Control®: Origins
    Fixed Issues
    • Radeon FreeSync may fail to enable when playing Monster Hunter™: World.
    • Radeon Settings may sometimes not appear in the right-click context menu on Windows® desktop after Radeon Software installation.
    • AMD Link may fail to connect on Android Pie devices due to authentication failures.
    • Radeon Settings may sometimes popup an error message due to Driver and Radeon Settings version mismatch.
    • Cursor or system lag may be observed on some system configurations when two or more displays are connected and one display is powered off.
    • Some DirectX®12 gaming applications may experience instability while recording with Radeon ReLive on system configurations using Radeon R9 290 and Radeon R9 390 series graphics products.
    Known Issues
    • Some AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics system configurations may experience a black screen during installation downgrade to a previous Radeon Software version. A recommended workaround is to perform a clean install during Radeon Software installation.
    • Radeon RX Vega Series graphics products may experience elevated memory clocks during system idle.
    • System configurations with 16+ CPU cores may experience a random system reboot during installation when upgrading Radeon Software from a version older than RSAE 18.8.1. A clean installation is recommended when performing this Radeon Software upgrade.
    Package Contents
    The Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.1 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.1 Driver Version 18.30.17.01 (Windows Driver Store Version 24.20.13017.1009)

LocoDiceGR and OnnA like this.
  2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Well it has a Microsoft signature so it should be signed by them but on the other hand it's listed as a optional as a download which is usually for the "beta" drivers AMD provides.
    (And the download URL points to the beta file repository on AMD's website.)

EDIT: As for profiles well not much in particular in this driver.

PXDynamic has profiles for Nemetschek Allplan, Forza Horizon 4, MSC Mentat, MSC Apex, MSC SimCompanion and finally Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Star Control Origin listed in the release notes.

That's it.

INF adds back the Raven Ridge Mobile GPU support and that's it for that file.

EDIT: And no there's no other profile or Crossfire entries for Shadow of the Tomb Raider but then again AMD also didn't list performance info so it probably does very little if anything though the driver now has support for using the dedicated GPU over the integrated GPU if the processor has such functionality.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    Embra, KissSh0t and RzrTrek like this.

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Why don't AMD show some love for my new favorite racing game?

6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Lost display during installation. With the screen staying black for a minute or so. Changed input to HDMI, then reverted to Display Port which gave me back my display.

7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I asked about ACC and got nothing. Then I realized later that it's using ray tracing. But still AMD should have a profile for it.
    But then again it's a UE4 engine game. How often do you get performance that doesn't dip with that engine?

8. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Racing and sports games aren't important. The same with people playing games like Sims.

Gaming is about everything else. The time I spent with all forza and nfs series games are only 1% of total amount. So, people, play wisely, smoothly.

Important games are those like
    • Shadow of the Tomb Raider™
    for a reason.

cookieboyeli likes this.
  9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Installed & it's working Great.

The Division DX12 test OK

10. iakoboss7

iakoboss7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480 8GB
    does this one force installs amd pci-e drivers?

11. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
  12. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Interesting.... will try it in my lappy on a 2700U + 560X, see how it goes.

13. shredderman

shredderman Active Member

GPU:
    Galax RTX 3060 12GB
    So, now I'll finally be able to validate my 3D Mark scores :p

14. DanEVO7

DanEVO7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Duke 2080 Ti
    Yeah.... I could use some xtra fps

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah it does, should be the same version as 18.8.2 though since there's nothing newer listed in pnputil.exe with the "-e" parameter to list installed drivers.

Which in my case it's noticeable since that's why the sound card goes pop, pip, pop as it's loaded again. :p
    (It's a pretty specific popping sound when that happens, Asus which is going via a odd little USB converter so it's kinda like it's being ejected and then loaded again as the PCI-E driver is first removed when 18.8.2 is cleaned out and then 18.9.1 is installed and the PCI-E filter link comes in again in-between the Microsoft driver default.)

EDIT: And once again this ships with 1.1.77.0 for Vulkan runtimes but it's backwards compatible so the latest version can just be grabbed from https://vulkan.lunarg.com/sdk/home#windows separately from the full SDK now. :)

1.1.84.0 might be coming out next, seems a few utilities like DXVK have updated to this now.
    (Guessing the newest NVIDIA Vulkan beta driver is also on it with the new extensions it added support for.)

16. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    So... I've tested it and the display drivers still don't install correctly. However in comparison to 18.8.1 (or 18.8.2) when forcing the Vega 11 and 560X drivers, the desktop crashes but afterwards boots correctly with the newest driver in place. AAAAND what is more important --- superposition doesn't crash now with forced drivers and doesn't cause a reboot. Score roughly the same, but now I can use Vulkan in Strange Brigade which brings roughly 30% more fps for the 560X.... so... yay!! :)

17. FookDat

FookDat Guest

GPU:
    6950XT RD 2889/2498
    RX 480 flashed to RX 580... the cursor bug is fixed for me! Thank you! Been happening since 18.2.1 but you fixed it! I can now have 1 monitor off and the cursor wont lag! was pain the but when trying to watch movies on my tv!

18. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    Well I installed the latest Vulkan runtimes, but it's still say 1.1.77 in the AMD control panel... :/ Maybe I need to put the dll's and such in a special directory ?

shredderman likes this.
  19. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6800 XT N+
    I know right! I never thought this would be fixed with how long the issue was around for. The day has finally come!!!

UPDATE: Now loading games, closing games and Alt+Tabbing out of games is smooth and instant with these due to this fix! I'm so pleased with these drivers!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  20. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT/8650G+7970M
    I hope new Tomb Raider will works on very old drivers (16.2.1). My sister wants to play it, but she have my old MSI GX60 laptop. That is latest drivers working. I remember i forced 16.5 and it works somehow, because Talos Principle runs on Vulcan. Or just cpu will not handle this game xD