AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.8.2 (Update 27 August) Driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ektoradsj, Aug 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ektoradsj

ektoradsj Member

GPU:
    Hd7850 2GB
    Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.2 Highlights
    Support For

• Strange Brigade™
      • Up to 5% faster performance in Strange Brigade™ using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.2 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 at 3840x2160 (4K). RS-243
      • Up to 3% faster performance in Strange Brigade™ using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.2 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 at 2560x1440 (1440p). RS-244
    • F1™2018
    Fixed Issues
    • Some games may experience instability or stutter when playing with FRTC and Instant Replay enabled.
    • Upgrade Advisor may not appear in Radeon Settings game manager.
    • Far Cry™5 may experience dimmed or grey images with HDR10 enabled on some system configurations.
    • Far Cry™5 may experience an application hang when changing video settings on some system configurations.
    • Radeon Chill min and max values may not sync on multi GPU system configurations.
    • Radeon FreeSync may fail to enable when playing Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4.
    Known Issues
    • Radeon FreeSync may fail to enable when playing Monster Hunter™: World.
    • Some DirectX®12 gaming applications may experience instability while recording with Radeon ReLive on system configurations using Radeon R9 290 and Radeon R9 390 series graphics products."
    • Cursor or system lag may be observed on some system configurations when two or more displays are connected and one display is powered off.
    • Radeon RX Vega Series graphics products may experience elevated memory clocks during system idle.
    • Strange Brigade™ may experience fps drops on multi GPU enabled system configurations when Enhanced Sync is enabled and Vulkan™ API is enabled.
    • Flickering may be observed on some displays when Radeon FreeSync is enabled with Radeon ReLive enabled and recording.
    • Video profiles may not correctly apply on web browser video content.
    Footnotes
    • Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of August 22nd, 2018 on the 8GB Radeon™ RX Vega 64, on a test system comprising of Intel i7 7700X CPU (4.2 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3000 Mhz system memory, and Windows 10 x64. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. With ultra preset settings on Strange Brigade using the Vulkan API, at 3840x2160, the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 scored 59.5 FPS with Radeon™ Software 18.8.1, whereas the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 scored 62.5 FPS with Radeon™ Software 18.8.2. Comparing FPS between software versions, Radeon™ Software 18.8.2 has 5% faster performance in Strange Brigade. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RS-243.
    • Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of August 22nd, 2018 on the 8GB Radeon™ RX 580, on a test system comprising of Intel i7 7700X CPU (4.2 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3000 Mhz system memory, and Windows 10 x64. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. With ultra preset settings on Strange Brigade using the DirectX12 API, at 2560x1440, the Radeon™ RX Vega 580 scored 61.8 FPS with Radeon™ Software 18.8.1, whereas the Radeon™ RX Vega 580 scored 63.6 FPS with Radeon™ Software 18.8.2. Comparing FPS between software versions, Radeon™ Software 18.8.2 has 3% faster performance in Strange Brigade. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RS-244
    Package Contents
    The Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.2 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.2 Driver Version 18.30.11.01 (Windows Driver Store Version 24.20.13011.1009)
    Download Link(AMD Site): https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-8-2

Jackalito and LocoDiceGR like this.
  2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    @Hilbert Hagedoorn The driver is properly uploaded know, with proper changelog by AMD, maybe you should update the donwload file on the site?

Also can u make this driver thread sticky and remove the old ones? Thanks again!

@JonasBeckman I told you, we should wait for a proper release ;)

18.8.2 - 27.8.2018

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    This one has a profile for F1 2018 and there's a updated Crossfire flag for Sea of Thieves when compared against the previous 18.8.2 "Strange Brigade" beta release.
    In turn it removes INF support for Raven Ridge Vega GPU's so users with these CPU's will need to use the Q3.1 driver instead.

And the PCI-E filter driver was also updated from version 18.40 to 18.45 and it seems to be working well so far. No issues yet. :)
    (And the mouse cursor problem is STILL there for dual-monitor users.)

Jackalito, RzrTrek and LocoDiceGR like this.
  4. blppt

blppt Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 Watercooled
    LOL, I seriously have to wonder what is going on with this PCI-E filter driver situation.

THIS time, I did a clean install, using the AMD Cleanup Utility and latest DDU in safe mode, installed this new 18.8.2 driver, and it only installed the filter driver on 1 of the 2 "PCI Express Root Complex" entries in device manager. (there are 2 on x399 boards, no idea how many on the regular Ryzen mobos, my Intel Z97 has only 1), which is completely different to how 18.8.1 behaved, installing the filter driver for both entries.

This inconsistency is a bit worrisome. Will see if this causes any issues.

Jackalito likes this.

5. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S A|480 X
    Btw, on a 890GX it's not automatically installed.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  6. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6900 XT
  7. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Driver is so OK in everything. Thread should become sticky IMO.

8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    They have forgotten us here in radeon thread...to many old sticky drivers.

warlord likes this.
  9. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Yeap. And I am sure newbies will be confused as why old threads are sticky if they aren't smart enough to check for new material. I think moderators for ATI section are not really active anymore. Perhaps some of us could PM Hilbert to check our sections.

10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Seems there's a small(?) OpenGL bug in 18.8.2 and 18.8.1 and GZDoom making the sprites for enemies invisible.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/9atdm4/new_radeon_drivers_1882/

With OpenGL and compatibility profiles (And compatibility profiles for the compatibility profiles no doubt...) it might just be that one game having this issue though, or well the platform and updated engine for DOOM and DOOM2's .WAD files I suppose. :)

EDIT: And mouse lag might be related to HDCP, it can be disabled so it's not too difficult to test for users affected by this problem.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/971eqk/psa_if_you_have_mouse_lag_in_the_latest_drivers/

11. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S A|480 X
    I have that gzdoom problem under latest drivers. Using the old 2.0.05 build solves it for now, any later build I've tested will have invisible sprites.

12. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Looks like it's also possible to use the OpenGL driver .dll files from a earlier driver in the GZDoom folder as a workaround from a few later posts in that topic about the issue, guessing they updated something and now a regression has been found but it's being fixed but no ETA so it might not make it for 18.9.1 but then again it could since the engineer is simply just giving a release date so if things go well it'll be fixed in time to get merged into 18.9.1 although I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a bit longer.

AMD is probably working on several drivers in advance (Likely up to 18.12.1 for what the new additions this year will be.) so it'll be merged in when it can but if 18.9.1 is close to testing and finalizing it might not see any additional code commits before release even it could be a while until it's released. :)

AlleyViper likes this.
  13. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I have trying tag him 2 times but nothing...maybe you should try send him a message?

warlord likes this.
  14. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Actions taken. Keep it at ease, we will have our 2 sections tidied up soon.

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    & 18.8.2 Aug27 should be sticky, rest is not important anymore.

z8373767 likes this.

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    We need a new mod around this section.

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    If so, HH will tell us :D