1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.6.1 Driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Catalyst Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 13, 2018.

1. warlord

warlord Maha Guru

GPU:
    R9 390X MSI(Gaming)
    Yeah, from my first ATI Radeon 64 DDR, image quality keeps improving. Even later the difference from hd 4xxx to 5xxx and then 7xxx to r9 3xx was always obvious. When I had old geforce series back in days I had more performance but always was jealous of ATI's IQ.

OnnA likes this.
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Forza 4 is the one I can think of on top of my head and then it's mostly smaller releases I guess.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is GW and September, Monster Hunter World well perhaps but it's MT Framework so it should run really well as-is. State of Decay 2?
    Well bug fixes and working on the known issues list wouldn't be bad but those might end up carrying over for who knows how many more driver releases sadly.

Features is for the December driver and that's about it, improving support for older GPU's is also a concern but that too is probably going to take some time, we'll see I suppose. Wonder if the WS drivers above have a profile file?

EDIT: So INF wise?

24.20.11026.1 from the 26th of June instead of 24.20.11021.1000 from the 7th in 18.6.1

And those must be workstation and mobile.

[ati2mtag_NewZealand]
    [ati2mtag_R576B]
    [ati2mtag_Topaz]
    [ati2mtag_VegaM]
    [ati2mtag_R503]

EDIT: And nothing for atiapfxx.blb, it's just about identical to 18.6.1 after converting to xml and comparing so it might not be useful for the desktop cards and what 18.7.1 will bring for these. :)
    (Though as above there hasn't been too many new games either or at least higher profiles ones.)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    LocoDiceGR and RzrTrek like this.
  3. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 (8GB)
    The Crew 2 could definitely use some optimizing and a profile or two.

4. trevtrev19

trevtrev19 Active Member

is there going to be a big driver update like last year in july and december? aka this one be the big first half update?

warlord likes this.

5. warlord

warlord Maha Guru

GPU:
    R9 390X MSI(Gaming)
    Yeah I suppose we will have a good strong Beta then WHQL 18.7.1 and/or 18.7.2.