AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.12.3 Download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Ulenn, Ali8075 and magiQx like this.
  2. magiQx

magiQx Active Member

GPU:
    vega 64
    Thanks but no thanks. Maybe i'll give it a try when the known issues are fixed. 0 fan, auto-tuning, wattman issues.

3. Ali8075

Ali8075 Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ Rx 470 8gb D
    Brightness - HUE - Contrast - & Saturation in Display Setting Not Working For hope amd fix this problem

4. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    I had it crash Radeon Settings...then once I restarted radeon settings it worked fine.

5. shakyor

shakyor Active Member

GPU:
    380x
    no issues for me

6. Trihy

Trihy Member Guru

GPU:
    Onboard
    My card has 0db fan. But its not working with this release.

I have to hit the zero rpm button many times to get it working and most of the times once the fan starts kicking, never goes back to zero again.

I updated cause the previous driver had other problems with fan.

And I thought nvidia drivers were a nightmare.

Thanks for the nice welcome amd.

Order_66 likes this.
  7. Yakk

Yakk Guest

GPU:
    Graphics card
    Rock stable as usual.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Make and Model of video card?

I've got zero rpm video card too and it is idling with stopped fans.

Have you tried performing a clean install using DDU "Display Driver uninstaller" ?

ohhh... I just realized I'm using 18.12.2...

*edit*

Found someone reporting same as you here : https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/r...19-edition-18-12-3.424472/page-2#post-5619871

Looks like it really is a driver issue then, best for you to do is use 18.12.2 WHQL

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    Trihy likes this.
  9. Trihy

Trihy Member Guru

GPU:
    Onboard
    Hi. Thanks. Yes, is a driver problem.Sapphire 580 here. Really nice card. Drivers are much more mature than when i left amd cards.

But fan problem is some kind of a deal breaker. They hav to be cafreul with this.

Problem started as soon as I rebooted after installing new drivers with ddu and opened radeon wattman.

The previous driver has some problems with fans too. If you change the speed manually, that speed could get stuck even if you go back to auto. Which could be a problem if fans are stuck at low rpm when gaming.

Hope they resolve this bugs. The overall experience is positive. The 580 is a beast of card for mid range. Really happy how it performs at 1080p.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Have you tried 18.10.2 WHQL, little bit older driver, released just prior to the "Adrenalin Edition 2019"... it's available here on Guru3D https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-18-10-2-driver-download.html

Should be safe to use while waiting for Adrenalin 2019 Edition to mature.

Trihy likes this.

11. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I will feel much better once they get signed by Microsoft, which seems to be the only thing they can do right.

12. Trihy

Trihy Member Guru

GPU:
    Onboard
    Hi, yes, that one works fine.

Not sure why they released this. The bug is even mentioned on known issues in changelog. I think is kind of critical bug alter the fan curve. Lets hope they fix this with next release.

Well, in the meantime im happy to turn on dx12 on many games and dont have stutter or instant crash. Nvidia Im looking at you...

13. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Lost manual control of fan speed on both RX480 and Vega64 in Wattman. I can just set automatic fan control, or use something like Afterburner instead though but kind of annoying.

14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Update 2, not happy with these drivers at all. Even though in both Wattman and even Afterburner I force fan speeds up, they still ramp down on their own when I enter a game. When I'm in just desktop in Windows, fan curve settings apply.

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The info I have found so far is that applying a manual fan curve is anything but a curve and there's also limited or no hystersis so it jumps from one point to the next instead of scaling. Lower activity and it immediately jumps back so the fan is anything but smooth and the changes also re-adjusted the temperature limit on Vega GPU's and of course conflicts with other software altering AMD's OverDrive API for controlling these settings.
    (And known issues such as zero fan disengaging.)

Can't speak for Afterburner or other software, I assume Sapphire and TriXX will have a update out if it's not compatible with 18.12.3 since Sapphire is a direct affiliate of AMD but even they seem to have some issues with this updated Adrenaline 2019 driver from the main driver thread and what users have reported so AMD probably tuned something when they fixed part of the current issues.

Fix the other half of these for January and Adrenaline 2019 can finally be a thing, start applying these features to Polaris after that and then probably more fixing and tweaking through February perhaps. We'll see and I guess we will also have to see how many steps down they can scale this for GCN from Vega to Polaris to Fiji and back to GCN 1.1 and the 290/390 maybe even the 7000 series though 1.0 well it seems to be struggling a bit more than the rest with the current drivers so that either has to improve or AMD will drop them at some point.

EDIT: Ah.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/a8eois/overdriventool_028_beta_for_testing_with/

[​IMG]

Yeah that does seem quite apt really.
    (Fan steps! :p )
    (Though it does kinda need to be fixed because I believe a curve was the desired result.)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018

16. CycloneDusk

CycloneDusk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 / 8GB
    I have been having one SCARY problem cropping up all of a sudden. My Windows 10 installation keeps bricking on me due to "THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER" and it only happens when my RX 580 is installed. I'm hanging on the brink of panic struggling to get it working again. Hundreds of dollars have been sunk. I'm hoping at least ONE of the driver packages on here will actually not tend to have a stroke in my video card. The worry is making me sick.

17. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Format your system, refresh your OS and install the latest version is a quite optimal option.

18. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Use the DISM integrity check in an elevated command window

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth