AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.10.2 Driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Oct 25, 2018.

1. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB

To me mantle is available, maybe it is not available on vega cards anymore as i have radeon r9 380.

https://imgur.com/a/uAYHYKO

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    ^^ Yup, on Fury was Enabled also, but i don't see it any more on Vega :D
    That is because Vega is Newer than last game that used Mantle.
    DX12/VLK -> Is more like it for Vega.

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  3. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Thanks y'all was needing to check something. I got what I needed.

4. Mokum

Mokum Member Guru

GPU:
    x9 290x
    with this driver my windows 10 system crashes during install giving me a system_service_exception after this my computer won't boot anymore. tried repairing with a restore point that worked one time. after a reinstall of windows it again crashes (this time i had no restore point) Grrr 290x card // with older drivers i get micro stuttering in audio and video with games and videos. With the standard windows driver al works fine except games that are asking for newer drivers. only thing i didn't do already is cleaning my card that doesn't have a backplate and is a magnet for dust!

5. Mokum

Mokum Member Guru

GPU:
    x9 290x
    the same happens with 18.10.1

6. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Nothing new to report (same issues since 17.12.1 of last year) my "settings" tab takes forever to load (or fails to open) and OSD freaks out.

warlord likes this.
  7. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Mantle was available for me a few months ago. I play BF4, Civ BE and Thief quite alot. Those 3 use Mantle. Lately I can't run Mantle with CivBE (crashes, DX11 works) and Thief shows only flickering with Mantle. BF4 works though. Sometimes Mantle API version is shown, after crashing some games it shows "not available". Mantle version is shown. Star Swarm also works with Mantle.

Was running Win10Pro 1809 first, got fed up with files being deleted (got some backups, so nothing was lost) and reinstalled 1803. Same thing.

8. Flanker35M

Flanker35M Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6700XT
    S!

WattMan seems to crash quite often ie. reverting to default settings in Global settings. Can happen during game play or even at boot up. Was less prominent in 18.10.1.

9. Kutep0v

Kutep0v Member

GPU:
    3080 Ti GameRock OC
    This driver crashed first time right now during the game. The maximum temperature is 65 degrees, there are no problems in tests like time spy, heaven, superposition, it works stably, there are no artifacts either.
    Has anyone else encountered this? Or maybe the problem is something else, such as OC? :/

10. DrunkenDonkey

DrunkenDonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    2xPC 290 PCS+
    I have encountered same situation. All testing is perfect: cpu stress tested for hours, memory running memtest86+ for whole weekend, video - heaven, 3dmark, etc - perfect. But in games randomly driver crashes. That was driving me nuts and what I did was lowered memory frequency BELOW its intended, DDR3-1600 was running on 1333 and lo and behold - no more crashes. That continued till month ago when I have seen new bios with "Improve memory compatibility", installed it, restored back to 1600 - working perfect, even used XMP to push it high - rock stable. So yeah, tests do not always reveal the problems, nor the issue manifests where it originates from... that thing was driving me nuts for quite some time, because I blamed the video (well what to blame when the driver restarts really but...)

11. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    18.11.1 will be out in about 2 weeks, and the big one around 20+ december. (Just a speculation by me, i dont know anything concrete).

Be patient guys if u have bugs.

12. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I've waited 10 months for said bugfixes, another month is going to be easy... o_O

warlord likes this.
  13. johnIV

johnIV New Member

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    Hi i am new member on this forum and sorry for my bad english
    i have install the latest driver 18.10.2 and MPCHC not run, i try the VLC but the screen is green
    the sound ok and subtitles ok, the second problem is when the system is stand by the screen open verry slow nine or ten seconds,
    my games play normal withought any problem thanks.
    My GPU is R9 270X 2GB

14. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    When are they gonna finally fix the response time and fluidity of Radeon Settings app I wonder. It is pathetic and irritating those slow downs, crashes or no-responding cases, why should I be nervous I cannot apprehend it. They cannot build a proper main app for so long.

If they do not give me a proper control panel with more performance and reliability by the end of the year I am going green for good.

RzrTrek likes this.
  15. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    Huh, what are you talking about?

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    On my system, control panel is fine and fluid.

And probably not only me...

17. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    I also have no issues with Radeon Settings, that's why I'm asking what's going on there.

18. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Radeon settings is very slow and laggy for me on win 1809. On a driver side can't complain much.

warlord and RzrTrek like this.
  19. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    Strange, I'm on 1809 too but never noticed any lags or anything similar

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  20. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Warlord is on Vanadium, aka RS6 alpha.