1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.10.2 Driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Catalyst Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Oct 25, 2018.

1. mtrai

mtrai Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Download: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-18-10-2-driver-download.html

Release Notes: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-10-2

Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.2 Highlights
    Support For

• Fallout®76 B.E.T.A
    Fixed Issues
    • Some Vulkan™ API games may experience a crash on game launch.
    • On multi GPU enabled system configurations Assassin's Creed™ Odyssey may experience a random game exit when Adaptive Anti-Aliasing is enabled and the game is restarted.
    Known Issues
    • Strange Brigade™ may experience an application hang when playing with DirectX®12 API enabled.
    • When using Radeon Overlay on system configurations with the latest Windows®10 October 2018 Update some users may experience intermittent instability or game crashes.
    • Radeon RX Vega Series graphics products may experience elevated memory clocks during system idle.
    Package Contents
    The Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.2 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.2 Driver Version 18.40.07.01 (Windows Driver Store Version 25.20.14007.1000)

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    THX :D Now i need to wait a week for WHQL one.

Jonas, Your Up.

3. SacredKnight27

SacredKnight27 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280
    Dammit, same problem as the last driver. If the monitor goes to sleep, it takes a while to awake, and then once it does no media will play, be it local, streaming, or whatever. Streaming like youtube and Netflix just will never load, and local files will just give audio with a black screen.

Portman87 likes this.
  4. warlord

warlord Maha Guru

GPU:
    R9 390X (1140/1567)
    I have never had that problem at my end. I suspect an OS problem or your gpu bios perhaps even something goes on with your monitor. Reinstall all parts involved.

PS: If you already have opened any app and you are leaving your PC intact/idle it is YOUR problem. I hope you do not pause something and go away from your PC for hours. (It is rather foolish and sure no company is obliged to help, when you do not use something just stop/close it)

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Nothing to report from the Atiapfxx.blb file for these drivers, Fallout 76 support (Though nothing changed profile wise at least in this file.) and then a fix for AC Odyssey crossfire and Vulkan API games.

Known issues section remains mostly unchanged too with the addition of Strange Brigade noting a stability problem for DX12 but the game supports Vulkan too so that might be a good alternative still seeing a increased performance over DX11 :)
    (Although no further details on if it's the developers that have to fix this or if it's in whatever driver where this started, issue is listed as of 18.10.2 here but might still exist in earlier drivers before it was noted down in the release notes.)

OnnA and RzrTrek like this.
  6. SacredKnight27

SacredKnight27 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280
    Its definitely not the OS as this is a fresh installation. GPU acts just fine with any other driver other than the 18.10's. Same with my monitor. So my machine doesn't like something about these in particular.

As for the PS, I never do any of that, no.

Obvious work-around for now is to just disable the screen turning off in the meantime, just in case there's anyone out there experiencing similar.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  7. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    ZotacAE 1080Ti@2075
    This is a codec and hardware acceleration problem.
    I know you said it works better on other drivers, but this is still the case.
    Use Geek Uninstaller to uninstall any and all codecs in your system.
    Install these codes: http://shark007.net/advanced.html
    And please give this video player a shot with them (MPC-BE x64 with madVR)
    The sketchy looking download button is actually real, or you can use majorgeeks. No adware or any crap is bundled. Shark007 is legit and it will automatically fix the probems of other codec packs and windows and reset your system codecs correctly as well as add exactly what is required for everything to playback without issue and nothing more.

Of course use DDU to uninstall your AMD driver an reinstall it, making absolutely sure in the menu that hardware acceleration is checked.
    Also, do you happen to have a 75Hz Freesync monitor? If so I know another user with potentially the same issue and I'd be very much interested in talking more about it and submitting an official report if it turns out to be that!

8. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 380 4GB

I'm wondering who in 2018 is still using codecs and codec packs since media players like media player classic, vlc, winamp, foobar2000... and many more have codecs integrated with them. Video encoding software like for example handbreak is the same: has needed codecs integrated. I haven't been editing and encoding a bit more serious videos since many years so my info on this case may be outdated. Usually when encoding software didn't have built-in codec for specific video footage i had to work with then i was installing proper codec strictly for such format, no codec packs.

386SX likes this.
  9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  10. warlord

warlord Maha Guru

GPU:
    R9 390X (1140/1567)
    You never stop using codecs.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    I prefer the normal version and tuning it a bit but I find it easier to manage Media Player Classic, MadVR and LAV this way too although early versions were ad supported so care had to be taken when using the installer.
    (Hit cancel instead of yes OR no to avoid installing the crap-pack for example for whatever bundle it was at the moment.)

OnnA likes this.
  12. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 380 4GB
    Well... i did, many years ago.

386SX likes this.
  13. Portman87

Portman87 Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 280 1000/1400
    I have the same problem.Use 18.9.3 oct5 driver.

14. GlennB

GlennB Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 EK
    Had no video's load only once so far, did a proper uninstall of the drivers and the problem was fixed for me.

On the topic of codecs i just installed MPC-BE and never install any codec pack anymore they are a thing of the past.

386SX likes this.
  15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Or just Read ;)
    But IMO it's the Best Pack in the WEB (and i know almost all of'em :D)
    It can run Videos than other Repacks can't.

JonasBeckman likes this.

16. warlord

warlord Maha Guru

GPU:
    R9 390X (1140/1567)
    AMD Chipset Drivers
    Revision Number
    File Size
    65.1 MB
    Release Date
    10/26/2018

OnnA likes this.
  17. Dimitrios1983

Dimitrios1983 Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX560 4GB
    I have a similar issues but sometimes the screen turns all green! This happens 50% of the time when I put my PC to sleep mode. Sometimes it turns from green to normal other times I have to use the power button on my desktop. I think once I tried turning it on and off from the monitor power button. Windows 7 64bit & RX560 4GB OC.

18. LIGuitar77

LIGuitar77 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7790 2GB OC
    The environment in its entirety, i.e. every single little bit on a machine, is so important. It takes a very long time and lots of skill (trial and error learning as well as just plain old learning by reading etc...) to be able to have machines that do it all but fail none of the time at anything. Off the top of my head and kind of sort of guessing because of the overall general user base here: If any suffer this problem, first of many things you can do is to completely remove BlueStacks or any other similar phone type of software like that. Any and all 3rd party security should be completely removed until solved. If anyone wants specific help, I have ways. We will attack. Just let me know.

19. LIGuitar77

LIGuitar77 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7790 2GB OC
    For example, just because we're all computer dudes or dudettes and I would imagine just plain interesting for some to read: For many months, here and there I was trying to get this particular DAW software installed but couldn't. So, I finally decided to attack for real. As I am doing my thing, I see in Process Monitor a reference to the RocketDock exe. So I'm like "wtf RocketDock has nothing to do with this crap at all ???" Closed RocketDock which I used since XP days (now replaced with Nexus which is effing awesome!) and then it was a good day from there on. heh heh

20. Max

Max New Member

GPU:
    R9 280X
    getting amdkmdap error sometimes with this driver
    had no problems with previous