AMD R9 390X, Nvidia GTX 980 Ti and Titan X Benchmarks Leaked

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by vavyn, Mar 14, 2015.

1. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    well idk, at idle, (monitor off kinda idle), my draw is about 40W, while I am typing this, it's around 70W. Motherboards use a lot of power compared to CPU on idle. More complex the motherboard is, the more power it draws. I have a single HDD, no audio card, no nothing really, just graphics card, 4 memory sticks and that's it. I don't even h ave DVD in (took it out one day, never bothered to put it back in :D )
    Anyway, motherboards can draw anywhere form 20 up to 100 watts so it's kinda of a big deal if you are on lower power PSU.

I used to have chieftec CFT 750W modular but it died on me couple of months out of warranty and a new similar one is around 100$ and I am not willing to invest that into something that is making almost no impact over a sufficient PSU and is gonna die on me sooner than a hard drive. If this 530W dies - I don't care, it is 45$ with 5 year warranty, it can die all it wants.

2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    They are, and they are not. For me, playing at 45-60fps is out of question. But 4k is limited in refresh rate anyway, so G/Free-Sync may make that acceptable for many.
    It is quite possible that they pushed out ES and then finalized some other architectural changes making card more efficient. Or that they decided to wait for double HBM capacity as is indicated by slide "up to 8GB".
    I personally would jump 4GB version since I do not plan higher than 1440p resolution.
    And even CF HD7970 3GB vs 6GB version gets like 2-5% improvement only, at 4k.

I have my card much longer than I expected, this will give at least double performance, AMD should release as soon as possible.
    But maybe they want to jump nVidia with surprise attack, sell entire inventory before nVidia can react. (then bigger inventory means better)

3. MrHydes

MrHydes Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX280 SLI
    For me what is mind blogging is how a 384bit gpu with 12gb at 7Ghz consumes less than this amd architecture. Performance wise as defenitely paid of, but looks like effiency as been compromised. Anyway titan x seems to be DOA.

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    On average, a motherboard only draws 5-35watts depending on the chipsets used.

I have 2 mechanical harddrives, SSD, BD-R drive, 4x4GB DDR3 2133, Creative SoundBlaster-Z, plus my XSPC Dualbay res with variable pump and 5 fans. I'm willing to pay extra for a PSU because quality matters more to me than price. It doesn't matter how cheap the unit is, if it takes out the entire system when it fails. I've had power supply failures in the past take out motherboards, processors and memory.

I'm preparing to migrate multiple systems to Linux soon, since I don't game much these days, so having ample power for future upgrades isn't an issue. I won't have any need to upgrade for a while. It's pretty funny really. I have a Windows tablet and a Windows phone, yet I want to transition my computers to Linux.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Performance looks good on both cards, will all depend on the price.

Still not convinced it's 100% legit as the cut down GM200 stuf makes the whole thing look like guesstimates.

6. GAR818

GAR818 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    You would think with all that technology it would perform much better than the little old 256bit gtx 980.

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I don't believe these rumors anymore. I'll wait for something a tad more official.

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    At this time, we know absolutely nothing about R9 390X, R9 390, Titan X or the rumored GTX980Ti.

Seeing as how every console is based on AMD graphics hardware, there's no reason to believe every game coming out over the next year is going to be a Gameworks game. In fact, it would look very suspicious if games originally developed for consoles, dumped all of their optimizations for that "GAMEWORKS" logo on their PC release. NVidia forcing game devs to remove AMD oriented optimizations from consoles ports would be evidence of anti-competitive behavior.

According to the supposed "benchmarks", it performs quite a bit better than the GTX980. The "benchmarks" show the R9 390X outperforming the Titan X. But, seeing as how these cards aren't available and comparisons won't be possible for at least another 2-4 months, I wouldn't worry about what "leaked benchmarks" claim at this point.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Well that cut-down GM200 looks kinda meh, either full or nada for me, IF Im gonna go GM200, but for 40-50% speedup idk, if it were 100% then yeah no dobut..

Well your comment is even more fanboyish.. Gameworks is directcompute so it will work on both gpus ;)

except physx, but then again looks like that won't be nv only for long, they will open it.

10. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    Latest leak, just now, says TitanX will be, probably, as expected $999.

TDP of 250W

seems to OC from 1,002 / 1,089boost to 1,200 / 1,280boost pretty easy.
    memory ups from standard 1,753MHz / 7GHz fairly easily to 2,000MHz / 8GHz.

and real benchmarks for it coming on Tuesday :)

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    If you were trying to link to wccf or videocardz, try again....lol Both are blocked from linking.

12. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    yup, videocardz. Didn't feel right linking direct to it from a news article here to that, so left the link out. (with real reviews coming as soon as Tuesday, seems not so important anyways)

13. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    You sound like a NV fanboy.

Dying Light is a Gameworks title and runs perfect on my 290.
    It's all marketing spin.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the quality of AMD drivers. Both AMD and NV have issues.

14. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    yup, when I owned my NVidia 8800GT, they publicly acknowledged a major multi monitor function breaking fault and did nothing to fix it for close to 2 years !!! Never could use it as intended the entire time I owned it.

I think NVidia are also the only of the two to release drivers that destroyed lots of peoples cards, twice I think.

NVidia even skimped on the power stage in multiple ways on their 295 causing them to be able to catch fire when pushed!!! Happened recently to some people testing Star Citizen o_O

They both drop the ball now and then for sure.

Me, unless AMD lag Too far behind when I am buying I will now always buy AMD to support the underdog. I very much Like a competitive market keeping prices down & advancing tech.
    --- I've seen what NVidia do then they feel there is no competition !:3eyes:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  15. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 K|NGP|N (SLI)
    Errmmm as far as I know both companies have $hitty drivers. You have horsepooh for brains.

16. lantian

lantian Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4gb
    these imaginary benchmarks are amazing for making people to lose their ****, like there is no way in hell that any of those cards(with the possible exception of titan z and 295x2) there can get more than 60fps@4k on max details not to mention it's showing 960 getting average 59fps@ 4k with max details which will never happen

17. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    That is %Ratio to 290x performance not FPS.

18. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    So what, I been reading this card is going to be reviewing tommorrow correct? If thats the case, We should see amd/ati doing something real soon I hope.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Any leaked benches yet, aka tweaktown and a like?

20. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I haven't been so excited about a card launch in ages.
    This this is going to be a winner.