AMD R9 390X, Nvidia GTX 980 Ti and Titan X Benchmarks Leaked

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by vavyn, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Same here I would love to see the benchmark results as well. I am kind of curious to see how well the r9 390/X cards do @ 4k

2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Lol i got an infraction for speaking the truth. My comment was meant to get the thread back on topic if you think about it. The way Nvidia are owning AMD right now,like i said i can provide truthful knowledge to back this up. The good thing about Guru3D is that the Moderators are generally fair as ive said in the past. Although this seems very unfair. Nice one Vbetts, great moderator you are.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    That does not seem worthy of an infraction tbh. I would pm Hilbert.

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yes i have done mate.

Topic wise the truth regarding this specific subject is below with a source ;)

Not looking good for AMD is it i mean first the Titan X and now the 980Ti and possibly the 980 Metal out the door before AMD can get anything out the door. That is if they have anything.....oh deary me.
    http://www.kitguru.net/components/g...th-geforce-gtx-980-metal-in-the-works-report/

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    The 980ti is rumored at $599 full gm200 but with 6gb of vram.
    If true I`m going to snag 2 of em up.

6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeap lots of power there, wont need to upgrade for a good while.

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    If they are launching at that price?!?!?! I want!!!!!!!!!!

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    I have a feeling the cut down gm200 is going to for $599. 980ti or whatever its called $699 or a bit more. $599 sounds too good for a "titan x" with 6gb vram.

9. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    So I am just going to assume that you should not get an infraction for this either?

If you really want I will gladly tell you and everyone else why I gave you that infraction.

My warning post, which I always give as a chance so people can wise up quickly and think "hey, I better not keep going on about this when a mod asked everyone not to."

Oh and yes, you are getting an infraction for this post. I am a very big supporter of making an example out of someone so everyone else learns, and today you are the one I am making an example out of. And why is that? You failed to listen to my warning again.

That being said, for anyone that wants to continue this discussion in this topic will receive infractions. This is my second warning to everyone.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    So you gave me another infraction just for speaking out lol

I bet you felt good posting that didn't you. Im sure its been noted how and why you give out infractions as well as how you moderate. If you want to give me another infraction for nothing then feel free, however you will not stop me speaking the truth. Its the principle of the matter.

Seems that your out to ban me for literally nothing, I tell you what remove my account and all my posts and threads to go with it and ill save you the trouble.
    Your a terrible moderator and you clearly have no clue how to moderate. You don't know how to read between the lines and apply a little common sense.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015

11. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    There is a time and a place for the truth my friend, and this surely is not the time nor the place for your "truth."

12. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Vet, why don't you do everyone, including yourself, a favor, pull up your pants, swallow your pride, and put a sock in it so that the topic gets back on track. Don't respond to this.. just shush.

as for the topic at hand, has anyone seen any other benchies anywhere? I've been looking all over on reddit among elsewhere and haven't seen anything. :(

13. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    It's way to quiet. The lack of leaks is very disconcerting.
    We need this card to be a success.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  14. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    +1

I don't get the random hate mongering against AMD. They're trying to deliver a superior product. Why is that a bad thing? If they deliver a knock out product, then Nvidia will have to respond to that. Prices will either go down or they'll throw an even better product down. This is how a free market is supposed to work :3eyes:

If the 300 series fails, it helps no one. Look at what Intel is doing right now. X99 is the first notable product launch in forever. Broadwell is just going to be more of the same.

15. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    nVidia to respond to AMD product? When did that ever happen? When AMD released 5830/50/70 bitcoin mining was at it's peak, 5850 had a ~220$ price tag and was one hell of a card. How did nVidia respond? They haven't, they couldn't care less. What happened? AMD raised the prices of 58xx series by 50+ $ when nVidia didn't care to lower theirs. nVidia isn't in the business of producing losses like AMD is.
    nVidia releases cards that are faster and cheaper than their previous cards but they still don't lower the prices of older cards. They don't give a damn.

intel is pretty much the same.
    Both companies act this way because they are pretty sure of what can they expect from AMD. I would suggest everyone that is hyped out to chill out and do the same. ;)

16. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    What has happened in the past doesn't change the underlying principle of what is supposed to be occurring. Their choice to not respond can be mostly credited to market share. However, it has happened a few times. Remember that the 780 on release was $699? When the 290 came out, it was dropped to $500 and the 780Ti was released to fill the slot. I'm not saying it wasn't a calculated response, but it was a response nonetheless that benefited the consumer at least a little bit.

17. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    yea but they always pump the price in the first days of release...well, not always but top models are always top priced :) 700$ is excessive and that would have dropped down even if 290 never came out because there is only so much people that will jump on brand new top model at those prices, after that they lower it to sell more.

My point is, if, say, R10 380 comes out and is 20% faster than Titan X has more VRAM and etc. nVidia won't drop the price of Titan X. AMD zen wont drop the price of intel i7 let alone intel extreme series...I wish it wasn't like that but...If price drops occur, they will be like 5~10% tops.. IF!

What we need (customers) now is for AMD to match their game to that of nV and intel. They should just make small increments and loose even more sales and intel and nV will loose sales because we don't buy their new-old hardware. Only then someone in those companies will say "ok, we need to make something that people WANT TO BUY, something new, not same old **** repacked in smaller format , 5% faster"

That would be good for us, consumers. Right now, they are not making anything new, they are all selling us old tech, or slightly better tech for premium prices. That needs to change back to race mode like it was between intel and AMD before core2duo came out. That race resulted in c2d and c2q and it was good :) made AMD really push it, too bad they didn't have much success. Let's hope Zen changes that but with their RnD, I am not optimistic. Also, I think R 300 series will be 200 series with more of the same shaders and numbers with some features that no one wanted, asked or would pay for. In other terms, I don't expect a new architecture.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    You write about nVidia not dropping prices when AMD has stronger or better product/$.
    Haven't you realize that it's simply caused by their sales division which checks channel and sees sales are still stable?
    That tells you that there are other factors in play. Reasons why people go from AMD to nVidia. And reasons why very few return as AMD releases equal/better product.

If Huang disappeared 4 years ago, AMD would be equal with nVidia in sales. Because he is not genius at planning, decision making. He is that kind of salesman who sells you anything, who makes you believe.
    And people who start to believe are another strong force persuading others.

And btw, 380x will hardly have 1/2 of Titan X vram, same goes for 390x as that will have 4GB and later revision may have 8GB. But I would not expect 8GB on anything other than Dual GPU 395x2/390VR at launch.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  19. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    There are many factors involved in that but they are beside the point - I was commenting on one's hope that with new AMD card, nV will lower the prices. ;)

As for Huang, well, people said the same about Steve Jobs, yet, people still stand in line to get new iphone. Who knows what would happen?!

my 380x vs Titan X example was purely for the demonstration purposes. I did not try and do a serious prediction of what the actual product will be. :)

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio